• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long after you snort a drug (heroin in this case) is it safe to blow your nose?

burn out

Bluelighter
Title pretty much says it all. I want to blow my nose but I obviously don't want to blow out any heroin that might be remaining in there. Once the high has kicked in can I assume it's all been absorbed? And is it the same for alll drugs or do different drugs stay in your nasal passages for different lengths of time?

Just snort up some water and that should clear all the drugs out of your nose incase you are afraid of losing some.

Given that you have heroin in there and not some less significant drug you can just rail more of later, I'd give it a liberal 15 minutes after insufflating before blowing my nose and then nasally irrigating. Don't skip step two. A netipot or similar gravity-based nasal irrigation system is a cheap but essential item in any intranasal drug user's kit. Mixing very warm water with a saline packet, 50+ of which will come with the Netipot, will help remove crusty buildup and blockage as well as any remaining insoluble irritants (the cuts in your powder). Nasal irrigation is uncomfortable at first, but if you can convince yourself you're not drowning and use warm enough water, it should become an essential ritual. I've put more salt up my nose than all the drugs combined, which is probably the polar opposite of drug dick-sizing :p To irrigate thoroughly, gently inhale as the solution flows (tell yourself you're going to 'breathe upwards') so that the solution flows far back in your sinuses, stop, and blow it out both nostrils hard. Do that twice on each side once you're nearly out of solution and your membranes will stay in as fine a shape as possible to deal with all the horrible shit you'll no doubt put up there later ;)

Once you peak I generally say it's safe to blow your nose. If you have any irritation then you can use saline nasal spray. If the drug you snorted is water soulable then in theory it should also hit you faster if you use nasal spray after snorting.

I would wait at least a half hour. I have the same problem after snorting opiates. My nose gets all clogged up and starts running really bad. I sometimes jam a ball of cotton or piece of napkin up there to plug it. But anyway, try to wait a good 30 minutes.

Ive often wondered about this haha. I would say wait 25-30 mins then snort some water to wash the drugs into your throat then swallow the drip

If it were me I would wait 45 minutes to an hour, snort some water, and then after another 20 minutes you can blow your nose. Don't waste a molecule!

Im gonna put this one to rest, considering it's nearly 7 years old.