Candyflip for your first time LSD or MDMA

This is purely my experience and some of my friends - when we first did acid, we enjoyed the first 4 hrs. Lots of laughter, lots of fooling around. Then the laughter wears off and it becomes a bit of a drag. Over time you will start to discover things to do or contemplate about - but we weren't at that stage yet.

So, on the 4th hr, we dropped a flipper each and it gave us the most glorious feeling ever. Very euphoric, time went back to normal (acid makes time seem slower) and we even had the energy to get back up and start dancing about again.

I think it's fun, but like what the other posters say, both are very subjective drugs so make sure if you do it, do it in a favourable mood and setting.

SaRz said:
Either your being peer pressured or your impatient.
Lots of people claim that MDMA can significantly lower the chances of a bad trip. I cannot speak from personal experience, but I can see how this can be true for some individuals, especially those experienced with MDMA. However, the issue with timing the ingestion can be quite a problem because of the huge difference in duration of effects between these substances. I'd say it's still quite a gamble to candyflip before actually getting to know each substance on it's own.

Keeping the above in mind, I would recommend against jumping in with the combo and experimenting with LSD a few times beforehand instead. This is just an educated guess though, as I've yet to try this combination myself (I'm not even sure if I'm ever going to - I have lots of experience with both substances separately, and have frankly grown tired of MDMA, and I love LSD as it is by itself).

Hmm. Thanks for all your input... I will do some thinking about this.

I'm leaning towards trying acid as least once, if not a couple times, and see what the experience is like before I attempt a candyflip. It seems to me that with the high intesity of the acid trip, I might not want to ingest another drug for a while, especially not while I'm still on the trip. And at least I'll know what to expect that way.

My analysis of what I've heard about the candyflip is that it's super hard to get it right... and if you fuck it up it can be a pretty awful time. But when you get it right, the heavens open up lol

I've never found candyflipping to be superior to LSD on its own.

It makes it more confusing, takes the direction away from the trip, and the comedown is more cracked out.

Try LSD on its own first, its a very pure feeling experience. The only thing I like to mix it with is a couple drinks if I start to get some anxiety.

I think you're making a wise choice. Before I ever tried LSD, I was considering jumping in with a candyflip myself, but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't. LSD is wonderful without anything else added into the coctail (save for a spliff or two during the comedown). Also, I hate the way I feel when coming down from LSD, and I'd imagine MDMA would make it even worse. You can always try the combination once you're more familiar with the headspace this powerful chemical provides, that way you'll be able to handle it better if things don't go the best way.

My opinion:
As a rule, never combine considerably powerful drugs the first time you do (one of) them.
I get your fear of getting a bad trip or at least a very rough ride. As a matter of fact I think most of the people getting into this kind of thing have considered it as a possibility or probably should in some way...
But: as hard as it may sound I believe that it's part of the bargain and it's foolish to try to get only the fun part of something as powerful as a psychedelic experience without having to worry about negative feelings. Maybe with something like 2C-B you could get away with it but I think it's very unwise.
There must be a million topics about this but if you are truly willing to try serious / classic psychedelics you should be willing to deal with anything that comes your way. Because it's extremely hard to see what is deep deep inside your mind and there is a very real chance psychedelics bring it to the surface. This can make for difficult experiences. 'Bad trip' is a bad term for many: tripping is often a learning and personal development process - the term bad trip is most often coined by people who wanted only delight but were burned with a shocking experience.
I'm not trying to be condescending - there are so many people who need to get past this idea... but if you do choose this path and are truly and really willing to face your real self, you will most probably be rewarded with a fresh and honest view of yourself and the world. Like waking up from a pushy dream and realizing you are more free than you think (in a way... let's not get started about determinism and fatalism ;) )

Just start low on your acid dosage slowly build your way up. That way you protect yourself from too big a shock (if that's not your 'thing'), acid is IME actually very forgiving if you approach it with patience and respect!
Try to relax about this whole ordeal and I'm sure it will all turn out wonderfully for you! =D

bluedolphin said:
I've never found candyflipping to be superior to LSD on its own.

It makes it more confusing, takes the direction away from the trip, and the comedown is more cracked out.

Try LSD on its own first, its a very pure feeling experience. The only thing I like to mix it with is a couple drinks if I start to get some anxiety.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought the term 'candyflip' was used to describe using MDMA 4-5 hours into the LSD trip, when the trip is starting to wear off. It sounds like you're describing the effects of peaking at the same time.

Regardless, it seems like everyone is in agreement about this subject. I trust the bluelight community, and thanks for all your input on this one... it has definitely made a difference! :)

Solipsys - your post was incredibly enlightening! I never thought about the phenomenon of a 'bad trip' in that way before. For example, I know wayyy too many people that have tried acid to 'get fucked up' or 'see shit'. Obviously, I'm not one of those people, but I can definitely see how when their experience is much more powerful or shocking than they planned for, they would see it as a negative experience or 'bad trip'. I think the idea that the deeper and sometimes more challenging parts of the trip are 'part of the bargain' of using a psychadelic is very wise of you. It's almost like the yin/yang of LSD... if it wasn't powerful enough to bring out your deepest and darkest thoughts, it might not be as useful and enlightening. I will definitely do something heavy thinking/meditation on this approach to psychadelics. When I feel that I'm ready to try LSD, I will do so and report back on the experience.

Sounds like you've got the right attitude. :) Be sure to report back once you've gone down that road (if you do).

Solipsys - nice post.

Glasseyeball said:
Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought the term 'candyflip' was used to describe using MDMA 4-5 hours into the LSD trip, when the trip is starting to wear off. It sounds like you're describing the effects of peaking at the same time.

"Candyflip" implies no specific timing regarding dosing the MDMA. It just means you combined them somehow.

I've taken MDMA before, early, mid, and on the comedown of LSD before. There was no particular timing or experience that led me to think, "ohhh yeahhhh THIS is how you're supposed to do it!" ... its just a combination of LSD and MDMA and in my opinion there is no special synergy beyond what you would expect. I consider them all candyflips. And I consider them all experiences I will not repeat nor regret.

bluedolphin said:
"Candyflip" implies no specific timing regarding dosing the MDMA. It just means you combined them somehow.

I've taken MDMA before, early, mid, and on the comedown of LSD before. There was no particular timing or experience that led me to think, "ohhh yeahhhh THIS is how you're supposed to do it!" ... its just a combination of LSD and MDMA and in my opinion there is no special synergy beyond what you would expect. I consider them all candyflips. And I consider them all experiences I will not repeat nor regret.

Ahh okay. Maybe there is some debate/opinion to this? Almost all the glowing experiences I've read or heard about involved the dosing I was talking about, 4-5 hours into the LSD trip. I've of course never tried it, but this is just what I've read/heard from various sources online and in person. They talk about a moment of clarity when the MDMA begins to peak that is the defining moment of the candyflip experience. But I think you're right, any combination of those two drugs should be considered a candyflip. I suppose none of this really is too imporant lol it's just a term. But good conversation nonetheless.

bluedolphin said:
in my opinion there is no special synergy beyond what you would expect

Many would disagree with this. Although the two times I have taken them together I didn't experience any special synergy. I tried taking the LSD after the MDMA as well as taking the MDMA 4-5 hours into the LSD, and I was underwhelmed both times. Actually, once I took a small amount of LSD 4 hours into a roll, and that provided the most synergy, but was still not a strong experience due to low dosage.

I believe that LSD and ecstasy do indeed act synergistically in that their effects are more than additive. When I candyflip, I usually need half the dose of LSD that I normally would to reach the desired intensity of psychedelic effects. Likewise, I feel that I am rolling much harder than I normally would off a standard dose of MDXX (which is what I usually take when candyflipping). IMO, this can not be explained by linearly summating the psychedelic effects of each compound and the entactogenic effects of each compound.

As BD said, "candyflip" is a general term used to refer to any combination of LSD and MDMA. As for the timing issues, dosing MDMA part of the way into the LSD trip won't guarantee a better peak or a "moment of clarity." I think the real advantage of this schedule is avoiding the MDMA comedown (and feeling cracked out because of it) while the LSD is still going strong.

For me candyflipping is a feeling of pure magic, like I'm in a movie and miracles are true... let's call it profundity. You would expect the special synergy I'm referring to to feel like a whole new single trip, but's the confusing this is that (at least for me) it negates the therapeutical value and the slightly colliding flavors of MDMA and LSD are distictly noticable seperately. There is just something off about it but still it's one of my favorite combo's despite the insane hangover you can get with it...
I'll probably do it again one day :)

and thanks - glad to be of help! <3

Good used to the effects of LSD before you go trying combinations. I've candyflipped before and it was one of if not the most amazing experience of my life. I recommend it but always proceed with caution. I do not recommend trying them together before you even try LSD. MDMA is of course an uplifting drug and it can feel like nothing can ever go wrong, but when you combine LSD in the mix things could change. Good luck and try the LSD FIRST!

One of my mates candyflipped first time on acid. It was also his first time on E. That must have been fucking intense for him, cause i had the same dose and was practically incapacitated.

"candyflip" what a silly term! i agree with most here, do the LSD on its own first!

If you do decide to candyflip make sure you test your pills, getting a speed bomb for a candyflip would not be fun(for me at least).

Not to mention it's much more awesome to discover the unimaginable powers of a substance as steadily as possible i.e. experiment with one drug at a smooth pace then also with another and then try the combination. Taking a leap too big towards intensely altered states of mind is not likely to be worthwhile. :) Chasing an extreme trip could distract you from the interesting stuff on the path thereto.
Learning how to use your brain ^^ is fun!

This is a topic that is covered very regularly; please use the search function... :)