Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Valerian Roots/Unknown Amount

Orpheous

Greenlighter
0:00 Ididn't have information on how to cook this up so I can take it and the only thing I had read was "tea" so I took some roots out of the bag. They stinked(not the cannabis stinking that is good. They STINKED). I threw them in boiling water. Left them there and after 10 mins or so I took the tea out. The color of the water changed slightly to yellow. Drank it and went to sleep.
00:15-3:30+I had sleeping problems.
4:00 Finally slept.
8:00 woke up, nothing changed.
8:05 Was tired went to sleep again.
11:30 Woke up, remember vivid dreams.
Next night
0:00 slept normally
8:00 woke up, remember vivid dreams.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_valerianaofficinalis
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

A short one, but I like the structure. :)
It would be nice to see more detailed descriptions, though. Otherwise there is a chance that this thread will be closed by other mods.

PS: welcome to bluelight!

I use Valerian Root every night, often mixed with Chamomile. It's actually really effective though it's kind of hard for me to say as I don't really have trouble sleeping as I take Kratom daily, weightlift every other day/am highly active and smoke Cannabis often, but the rate at which I fall asleep is definitely hastened and the dreams are noticeably more vivid after ingesting Valerian.

It does indeed stink...not nice at all. There's a hint of a faecal smell, almost like a hamster cage or something.

Do you have the ground up root? You're gonna want to use between 5-10g. I use 10g but many would say that's a bit overboard. It doesn't taste the best but there's often a noticeable effect at this amount, which makes me want to lie in bed straight away. Mixing it with Chamomile is great and greatly increases potency.

my cats try burying the used tea bags like they just took a pee , and they are always trying to get into the box of tea bags,

it does stink up my kitchen good

I find valerian has a long half life. I am extremely groggy the next day and it takes a while to shake off. Good if you are struggling to get to sleep though if you can handle the grogginess.