View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Call for PD Moderator - Applications are closed

Cane2theLeft

Bluelight Crew
It has come time once again to induct a new moderator into the ranks. Cloudy and solistus have decided it's time to take that final trip off into the sunset so we're looking for a few good men (or women) to step up and guide the trippers of tomorrow.

We are looking for somebody who is dedicated to psychedelic-harm-reduction, is knowledgeable on the various aspects of the subject matter, is willing to spend quite a bit of time online (preferably at least once a day checking through the forum), enjoys dispensing advice %) and basically wants to do it. There is no need for omnipotence; ie. there is no expectation that the moderator has to have consumed every drug out there and know everything, but what is expected is a compassionate, enthusiastic and empathetic response to matters and a desire to spend time doing sometimes thankless tasks.

As a forum, PD is filled with Nice Happy Folk and so there isn't much in the way of controlling the forums flow; we (the mods) more sort threads out into specific categories, merge in random topics, shut, open, erase etc. Sometimes a bit tedious, but rewarding as you will be helping to build a stronger community of knowledgeable people and counteracting some of the harm introduced by governments of the worlds current inability to change their stance on drugs.

We'd also love individuals who will bring new ideas and help guide the direction of the forum to progress it forward.

Please apply only via PM making sure you send a copy to: solistus, cloudy, solipsis, any major dude and atara

In your application please include:

• Why are you interested in the position
  • Why you are qualified for the position
  • What relevant education and experience you have
  • How often you'll be able to dedicate to the role
  • Any other relevant information

Added perks are: Psychic powers, a genuine batman utility belt, a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica from 1812 (only from A-G, but still....), a key to a door somewhere, ESP, increased intelligence and increased attractiveness to your sexual objects of choice and a blazing wood fire to toast things on....:D

*new addition of traditional GOLD-PLATED drinking horns & geographical field trips to the Altai mountains with Z9 and the abominable smowman :D

Please Apply!

DEADLINE: THIS FRIDAY NIGHT - NOV 4TH 0:00 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall apply although i'm sure my infraction hhistory prevents me from consideration lol

^ you never know, we might end up being desperate ;)

There are actually a lot of staff past and present that have infraction histories so that alone doesn't exclude someone. It'd be helpful if you addressed your thoughts on such in your app and why you don't think it'll adversely impact your moderating.

I'd do almost anything for that utility belt ;)

I have a idea to make it easier for the moderators.

You can create something between moderators and us mortal users, on other forum they're called janitors.
They don't have the power to change anything but they can report it, maybe just a extra button along Reply and Quote.
But I guess you will figure something out if you think it's a good idea.

So when the moderator login it gets a list of things that might need changing.
So less to do for the moderator in combination with a cleaner forum due too the fact that there are more people to keep an eye on things.

And the people who become janitors don't need the same trust as a moderator because they can't change anything.

Actually, although it's rather hard to distinguish, the small button to the top right of posts (under the post number) in a Report button, just for that purpose. Anyone can use it :)

Though I must admit it's not very obvious so I seldom remember it's there.

both cloudy and solistus are leaving the forum? NOOOOES!!!! that ebing said, im sure there are good people out there willing and able to pick up the mantle

Actually, although it's rather hard to distinguish, the small button to the top right of posts (under the post number) in a Report button, just for that purpose. Anyone can use it :)

Though I must admit it's not very obvious so I seldom remember it's there.

So I made a fool of myself, but doesn't really matter.
And no it's not very obvious, maybe it should be redesigned?

But now when i know where it is there will be a lot of reporting ;)

Good luck to all applicants! :)

Added perks are: Psychic powers, a genuine batman utility belt, a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica from 1812 (only from A-G, but still....), a key to a door somewhere, ESP, increased intelligence and increased attractiveness to your sexual objects of choice and a blazing wood fire to toast things on....

*new addition of traditional GOLD-PLATED drinking horns & geographical field trips to the Altai mountains with Z9 and the abominable smowman
I would become a mod merely to get this stuff :D

I'm here if you need me...

You'd be a good one, talk some sense into the ego-death loving kiddies ;)

I was going to get into that thread but ended up not, for the most part I was thinking the same things as you.

Anyways, yeah, off topic, apply dude, you're always around and have a level head.

Sent in my application. Just so you guys know, Solipsis's inbox is full.

Ive freed up some space so we will have to postpone running around with underwear on our heads playing cricket with our swirlstick... why did that have to sound so homosexual?

anyway new applications are still welcome! No soliciting to prostitute though, and no retarded mercury-intoxicated british mad-men with white v-neck knits playing gentlemen's baseball. And for the last time: no I do not want to buy a midget.

Real men are comfortable with their swirlsticks. ;)

As for the Report option: I agree that it could definitely be more obvious to users, but I think that would have to be a site-wide change, I'm not even sure if we can define custom CSS for our forum to add a more obvious label. We mods do get a report of every reported post on the forum, and we review each one, but it's mostly the same handful of experienced users actually reporting things to us.

Also, don't worry folks - I'm stepping down because I don't have enough time to dedicate to modding between a busy work schedule and law school applications, but I'll still be around. Who knows, I may even return to the mod team sometime in the future, once my schedule calms down. In the meantime I'll stop by PD Social as often as I can. I'm not 100% sure but I think Cloudy's in more or less the same boat - he's not leaving PD, just making room for some young whippersnappers who have more time to devote to the day-to-day duties of modding such an active forum.

Speaking of busy schedules, lunch break ends in 16 minutes.... Better head back to work D:

gimme a few days, i should be getting soem ranting-materials (aka stimulants..)