• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

NMI Social Thread Vs Show Me Your Newbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshE

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the new NMI Social thread!! The old one can be found here.

Well then...What's up?

6'7 - thats half a foot short of seven foot.im 6'4,

Theres heaps of opportunities out there, ufortunately for alot of the jobs its who you know. Where i work sub contracts to a heap of mines. So its a urine test every job guaranteed because you have to have a physical for each company, every time you go.

Just for a taste...We get 215 a day allowance on the rigs, plus a base salary, and i do up to 21 days straight on offshore rig, thats 4500 in allowance, and 3500 in salary,plus a margin of the profit made by the company if on time ad under budget.

NOT BAD FOR CABBAGE! lol. look at doing heavy vehicle license,grater? Loader? STill get good brass on land based mining.

Wow man, that's still awesome coin.

I basically just applied for maintenance/utility and Warehousing work..I also made it clear that I'm experienced on a class LF Forklift truck. I'm hoping something will come up.

What's it like offshore?

different! Safety is fucken big,inductions before each job, physicals, sometimes its a 4-5 day repair. But its 2-3 days packing tools and material here, a day flight in oz somewhere and settling in,a day safety induction for that rig,chopper on,tjen we access job and do a safety review of job( which we repeat every morning) then we start. Theres breakfast,morning tea,lunch,afternoon tea,and dinner too. All supplied.

As long as you havnt got much holding you down,and willing to straight edge it and work 12 hour days,21 days straight... you can pull up to 150k a year.and theres nothing to blow it on... Then again....

Gav, That sounds like something right up my ass! Full on stuff...that's what i like :)

C-H,C-I,Swerlz,Skillz,Thizz and everyone else, How you guys doing?

I've just finished work and stopped off to buy Seasons 4 and 5 of Weeds and Seasons 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad =D Got my CC's and Dorito's Salsa so I'm all set ;)

just watched a shitload of its always sunny in philadelphia haha great show. in other news i have horrible heartburn. all day. fuck.

Ouch, I hate heart burn man. For some reason, i seem to get it quite often :\

I'm doing excellent JoshE.

I am about to visit my dispensary in about 5 ans a half hours. %)

EVening all,

HEART BURN!- i wrote the book on that shit... I have GORD- Gastro ophsofigal reflux disease. Anything acidic, tomatoe sauce(ketchup) , bbq sauce, spicy food, faaark, the list goes on. Think its from the 2-3 litres of coca cola i used to drink.. Now ive got a rule- it has to have boubon in it.

If you getting that every day,or every other go to the vet! (doctor) it can lead to a heap of bad shit if not dealt with.

Helicopter training next 4days..woooo

Very nice man :) Still getting the Vader OG?

I got 5 g's (for the price of 3.5g) of it, still have about a g of it left. Bought another G of it (fresher batch) and smoked all of it already. =D

I am considering which strains I want the most, etc. I will definitely have to look at the Vader they have.

Other fire strains I might get instead: Pandora OG, Yoda Brain, Grandaddy Purple, Purple God's Gift,

Their menu may have changed slightly, so I'll have to see what's good when I roll up there.

it is good fun, fucken exciting enough to keep my mind of the gear. Alot of theory though,and i dont handle the classroom situation too well,lol.

Off to broome in week and a bit, then exmouth.unmanned rig. So helicopter there in the morning,helicopter home in the arvo..hard life

Lol! Yoda Brain..%) I like the sound of that! How are you finding your new home Captain?

Gav, sounds awesome man. I've always wanted to fly something :\ You been to Broome or Exmouth before?

good shit man, i wasn sure how you went? I remember you looking for an apartment there.. Hope it brings you good fortune in happiness..

I myself finally got over my addiction. Got outta town to joshe's city.alltime job. Thats always been a blessing for me. Sometimes a bad thing tho..

I read alot of buddhism books when withdrawing. Locked in my mums house. Opened my eyes and my views to some pretty obvious facts in life,most of which i chose not o accept for years although i knew it was the truth..

Never got my adhd really looked at. At the end of my therapy,and before i left my old town the psych said.. ''Gav, you basically get bored and need more entertainment and challenge in life,and when you dont get it you go of the rails and find that drug abuse..'' i said in response '' thats a good enough finally report for me mate.'' and packed my shit and got on a plane 2 days later amd moved 5500km. Best thing i couldve done.

Whats your weed prescribed for captain? Not adhd?

neither joshe! Im not there much, only to sleep pretty much. Gotta work my ars off there,the rig pulls in $5m a day, so to get pipework de pressurised is like im taking the boss of the rigs first born off him..lol.

Haha damn,

I heard *rumors* that some of the dude's on the riggs are on 8k a week or something ridiculous..If that's true, it fucking sounds to good to be...

Anyway I'm out guys, Night Gav, Captain and the nest of NMI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.