• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

So what are your views on it? If you could change something from the story what would that be & how it's gonna affect the progress?

regards,

Winter

I finished Fight Club a few weeks ago.

I have so many books by Chuck Palahniuk the guy can do no wrong in my view.
Fight Club in book form is so much better than the film, it is a kinda bible to me.

I'm a 1/3rd the way through T"he 7 Laws Of Magical Thinking: How Irrational Beliefs Keep Us Happy, Healthy, and Sane" by Matthew Hutson which is a great read & really rings a lot of bells for me.

Currently reading the Prose Edda. I've been wanting to get into norse mythology for a while, and I think it would give me the best start.

A good choice, another read along those lines that may be worth checking out if you are interested in that kind of thing is Varg Vikernes - 'Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia' but I would finish the book you are into before you pick that up as you need a understanding of their ideas / faith before you begin the above.

ISLAND.jpg

Just into chapter three, but so far I love it

I am reading Arch of Triumph and I almost done with it. Have anyone readd it before? or write any works about using this book? I am not a big reading fan but I was asked to read and write paperwork by using content and the main part of the book, use quotes etc... It was really hard enough for me so I asked for some help to do homework of mine and after all I got what I needed. Now I can certainly say that this book worth reading.

Last edited:
Just consumed "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" and a book of short stories called "Electric Dreams" by Phillip K. Dicks. Next is "The Man in the Hightower".

haven't ever read anything by philip k. dick. sure enjoy scott's Blade Runner.

almost finished with American Psycho. deleted a post asking if it was gory or if it was like the movie in that cut. decided i'd read it either way. kind of a mistake. the clothes hanger scene actually does cut like in the film. all those that follow do not. it's grueling. not only one-after-the-next disgusting sex and torture scenes. also constant listing of what everyone's wearing and descriptions of a/v equipment features that read like a brochure. this droning is intentional. to drive the reader crazy like the protagonist. the first third was entertaining. before he started chewing up prostitutes. now it's tiring.

while i still have a bit to go, i'm confident in labeling it an instance of the movie being better than the book. my mind is reading the whole thing in the voice of christian bale. perfect for the character. good excuse to re-watch. only time i've seen it was ten years ago, when the person showing it to us got too drunk and wouldn't shut up about it as we were watching.

Last edited:
Dialectic of Enlightenment. Good stuff. I've read bits and pieces in a class I took on critical theory a while back but now I'm reading it start to finish.

The Neurotic Personality of Our Time by Karen Horney. A book about neurosis.

Bit late but Horney is great, read a lot of her stuff when I was a psych major. Our Inner Conflicts is great too.

Just about to pick up John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, I've heard great things about Steinbeck’s work but this will be my first taste of his stuff.
There are so many great American writers out there compared to what the UK puts out & for some reason I can relate 100% more to Bukowski than Irvine Welsh for example.

almost finished with American Psycho. deleted a post asking if it was gory or if it was like the movie in that cut. decided i'd read it either way. kind of a mistake. the clothes hanger scene actually does cut like in the film. all those that follow do not. it's grueling. not only one-after-the-next disgusting sex and torture scenes. also constant listing of what everyone's wearing and descriptions of a/v equipment features that read like a brochure. this droning is intentional. to drive the reader crazy like the protagonist. the first third was entertaining. before he started chewing up prostitutes. now it's tiring.

while i still have a bit to go, i'm confident in labeling it an instance of the movie being better than the book. my mind is reading the whole thing in the voice of christian bale. perfect for the character. good excuse to re-watch. only time i've seen it was ten years ago, when the person showing it to us got too drunk and wouldn't shut up about it as we were watching.

If you like American Psycho look for the work by Ryu Murakami & without question his book called "In the Miso Soup"

"Probably the creepiest novel I read all year a dark morality tale set in the red-light district of Tokyo -- Daily Mail"

i appreciate the recommendation. is it gross? like chewing the flesh of an ex’s thumb gross?

enjoy Of Mice and Men. haven’t read it since school, but much enjoyed it. a pair who went as george and lennie for halloween is one of the best costumes i’ve seen.

reading a collection of fanny howe novels/novellas currently. her dialogue is often without quotations, without attributions, and in solid paragraphs containing multiple speakers. taking “fuck you, reader” to the extreme. multiple languages without footnotes as well. not available as an e-book so no easy way to translate except hoping some context is given.

I personally at points had to put down "In the Miso Soup" due to the images in my mind from it, in other parts I laughed so much at the horrific way people are dealt with.

This was my first foray into Phillip K. Dick... Pretty dope. I'm reading Catch-22 right now. I absolutely love this book. I also enjoyed of Mice and Men. Reading "Why Buddhism is True" and beginning to practice meditation. It gives the best metaphysical and scientific view of Buddhism. The evidence of brain changes was the most intriguing part of the book. I highly recommend it.

51c+lYoSnbL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Really interesting book about computer R&D in the early 80's, told in a really gripping narrative style. It tells the story of two competing development teams working to create a new minicomputer for Data General. I'm super into old tech so I think it's pretty cool.