• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

I just might have to check it out. So man, it seems like you like this "occult" type stuff. I certainly like it a bit too. Have you read the Goetia? It seems interesting. What are a few of your "occult" favs?

... um, IDK?!
HAH

The Apocrpha I am mentioning is parts of the Bible left out,
according to the King James version.

Besides that, off the top of my head, The Epic Of Gilgamesh, Ovids Metamorphosis by Alex Mandelbaum, the story of Ishtar and her Descent, Godel Escher Bach - An Eternal Golden Braid, I've found the Hebrew Aleph/Bet to be the most simply enlightening thing I've read,
Schrodingers Cat, any Robert Anton Wilson, the Vedas and at least the Yoga Sutra, what Sri Ananda Ma & Martin Luther have to say, Diary Of A Dope Fiend... Not much really, just some few expansive titles I can refer back to.
Sri Anandamayi Ma & Martin Luther can share my opinions on this topic ~
it can really frustrate me, to see people basically leave themselves behind,
doing the right thing and studying, but, not allowing their own lifes philosophies,
and truths to come from the heart of experience ~
Or something .

Last edited:
Virginia Woolf: Criticisms edited and put together by Harold Bloom.

I hate criticism. Mostly because I feel like it's people making a living off the blood sweat and tears of others, especially when it comes to really amazing authors like Virginia Woolf. Vultures living off of the carcass. I hate it.

^ I'm afraid of Virginia Woolf. ;)

I recently started reading My Sister's Keeper and so far find it pretty good (I'm only a dozen or so pages in, but I like the voice/subject). :)

Didn't know this thread existed... I think I'm going to have to look around this forum a bit moar.

I just read this new-ish version (came out mid-90's) of Phantom of the Opera called simply "Phantom" and it was an amazingly well written book written by Susan Kay. I really recommend it. It details the human side of The Phantom's life, named Erik, and especially goes into detail about his trouble with women stemming from his perfectionist and cold mother who despised his facial deformation. The whole thing was like 500 or so pages, but I read it in no time at all because it was so captivating from the very first page to the very last. I had no idea about the story of the Phatom of the Opera, and didn't really think I'd be into it at all, but I just curiously skimmed over the first page and realized what a great book this was and couldn't put it down.

Just finished James Romm's Ghost on the Throne, about the wars of Alexander's successors; one of the best nonfiction works I've ever read.

Starting Martin's Twilight of the Mammoths, another nonfiction work about the extinction of Ice Age megafauna.

^thanks man.

if you do check them out, let me know or post up what you think about Sri Anandamayi Ma & Martin Luther.

i had bought a copy of Millar Burrows Dead Sea Scroll
which i began today The War of the Sons of the Light & Sons of the Dark translations actually. this interpretation i have was published originally in the 50's, and reprinted with updates as more Scrolls were discovered. it has pics of maps and terrain, the caves etc where they were discovered.

"these things i now from thy own understanding
for thou hast uncovered my ear for marvelous mysteries."
"what shall i say without being instructed
or declare without being observed?"

DeadSeaScroll(thanksgiving psalm)
Psalms I (i 21-30)

so more of a formulated list:
The BiBle - King James Version

Apocrypha / King James - Manuel Komroff

Dead Sea Scroll - Millar Burrows (viking)

Epic Of Gilgamesh - Andrew George (penguin classics)

Poems Of Heaven And Hell From Ancient Mesopotamia - NK Sandars (penguin classics)
the translation and cometary on Inannas descent is very good in here. very compact and generalizes Sumerian UnderWorld and Babylon very nicely. also has the Prayer To The Gods Of The Night.

Ovids Metamorphosis - Alex Mandelbaum

and Martin Luthers 96 points as to why the Bible is proof of Gods word, and why the Bible itself is more important then the actual religion...
;)

^^occultCrunch^ minus the Vedas and Krsna Book.!

Portable Nietzsche - ((Thus Spoke Zarathustra)) - Walter Kaufmann (viking portable library)

The Discoverers - Daniel J Broostin

The Hero With A Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell

<3

Last edited:
just finished "The End of Alice" by A.M Holmes. Absolutely horrifying and sexy and disturbing and gross. I'll probably re-read it again soon in the upcoming weeks. I devoured it so quickly that I'm sure there are things I missed (i finished it last night after getting it from PB's parents) on my first ravenous read of it. Apparently its the book Amy Pohler and Janeane Garafalo's book club were reading when the two of them met. They both hated it (because it was pretentious?) which made me sad. I thought it was great.

whos_afraid_post_blackness.jpg

What does it mean to be white now? Does it talk about that? It seems like White comedians can say nigger with more and more freedom than ever (not talking about the Michael Richards type racist meltdown). Is that a step in the right direction?

I just picked up 'What We Talk About When We Talk About Love' by Raymond Carver. Never read anything by him before...

Currently reading, the Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. Interesting read so far.

Half way through "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath.

It's absolutely wonderful, I highly recommend reading it.

Currently reading, the Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. Interesting read so far.

I LOVED that book! Especially the second chapter with Quentin. As for what I'm reading - I'm reading 'The Iliad' by Homer. I went down to buy 'As I lay dying' by Faulkner at a book-store, but couldn't resist buying a hard-cover of 'The Iliad & The Odyssey'

I just finished Monkey's Paw by WW Jacobs. again. I love that story.

I loved As I Lay Dying
, too.

Reading about the sound and the fury made me curious about the exact source for that quote. I found it to be Macbeth, act v scene v, so now I'm reading Macbeth again because I love the build up to that scene.

I just finished Monkey's Paw by WW Jacobs. again. I love that story.

I loved As I Lay Dying
, too.

Reading about the sound and the fury made me curious about the exact source for that quote. I found it to be Macbeth, act v scene v, so now I'm reading Macbeth again because I love the build up to that scene.

The majority of the novel is based after that soliloquy by Macbeth.

Finished "The Hunger Games" Triliogy bllaaahhh! The first was pretty good, but the 2nd and 3rd are NOT worth reading.

I wanted to challange my brain after that by reading something decently academic so I tackled Infinite Jest three weeks ago.