View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

first time doing shrooms

scoobysnaks

Greenlighter
I might try shrooms for my first time and was wondering what i should know. already know some basics, but what will make it a good experience? :D

Think positive, make sure you're in a safe place if you're alone. If you're going to have a sitter, make sure they're someone you can trust. Don't try to fight the shrooms - once you're tripping, there's no way out of it for at least four hours. Those four hours will feel like a lot longer than four hours, by the way.

i think itll be i'll be on my own and have a safe and comfortable place to do it. if its going to be at night time are there any things i could do that would be interesting or fun? and will i be able to control myself? motor functions, volume. etc

I've never done shrooms at night, but I hear (and can imagine) looking at the stars would be mind blowing. What dose are you taking? I took an eighth and when I was peaking I really could not control my speech. I don't think I got loud or anything, but it was very hard for me to form sentences.

Enjoy your trip. I hope to someday revisit the shroom world again. It was a beautiful place. <3

I'll be taking either an eigth or half eigth. what would be a better dose for the first time?

Is it your first psychedelic experience? I had taken LSD a couple of times before I did shrooms so I started with an eighth. If it is your first trip ever, I would start with a half eighth.

The come up of the eighth has a lot of closed eye visuals of very complex geometric patters, I could also see lyrics to some of my favorites songs floating in my mind. When I peaked on the eighth I was listening to music and content of the song shot me off to the world it was explaining. When I heard Yellow Submarine, I would see myself riding in a yellow submarine with the beatles. When the song mother by John Lennon came on I was shot into another world where I reunited with my mother who had been dead for 15 years. . The comedown was pure bliss. I loved everything and there was not a care in the world. It was wild. If something of that caliber interests you, go for the eighth.

Taken from Erowid.

Medium Effects: (0.75 grams - 2.5 grams P. cubensis)
"Cold" feeling, gas and/or stomach discomfort, nausea, pupil dilation, open eye visual effects: lights exhibit auras, star-pattern effects, rainbowing around lighting, lights seem brighter and often "more beautiful", notice movement in periphery, sometimes increased ability to focus, sometimes reduced ability to focus, visual field "distracting", visual field "entertaining", closed eye visuals: normal closed eye "blobs" take on patterns, shapes, distinct forms, increased ability to visualize creatively, spontaneous detailed images, feelings of time dilation, feelings of "coming home again" (often more pronounced for those who have used mushrooms before), feelings of belonging and connection, increased emotional sensitivity, increased ability to focus on emotional problems or memories, chance of thoughts becoming "caught in a loop" / dwelling on a single thought or feeling (usually negative or painful), realizations about past feelings, realizations about how to live, gain a new perspective on current lifestyle and behaviors, feelings of connection with others, noticing things that are normally ignored or taken for granted, feelings of wonder, spirit, joy, sadness, despair, religious awakening, contentment and possibly latent psychological crises can come out.

High Dose Effects: (2.5 grams - 10 grams P. cubensis)
All of the Medium Effects, usually with a significantly more uncomfortable coming up, more pronounced nausea (rarely resulting in vomiting), sometimes significant mental discomfort associated with feelings of fear and oftentimes accompanying a "What have I done to myself?" or "How far am I going?" thought, the unpleasant coming up effects usually lessen with familiarity and more knowledge about the safety and character of mushroom effects. High Dose Effects are usually characterized by the closed eye visualizations being significantly more elaborate and enfolding, religious revelation, spiritual awakening, near-death experiences, loss of self, talking to seemingly external, autonomous entities, extreme emotional responses, repressed memories coming to life, latent psychological crises can come to the surface, an increase in artistic sense, and intense feelings of wonder, connection, joy, fear. High Dose Effects can also include extreme time dilation, with experiences of wall-clock minutes taking an experientially large amount of time, watching clocks or digital counters where the seconds seem to take minutes to count off. One of the most interesting effects is the feeling of awakening for the first time ever from a previous state of sleep, of liberation from what is now seen as a life-long state of bondage. Paradoxically, it is this new awareness that feels normal and natural and the previous fog is seen to have been unreal all along. The bemushroomed seeker is convinced that, once gained, this awareness is impossible to lose, but inexplicably by the next day it is just a memory.

:) you will have a lovely time, just dont do too much the first time. better to have a gentle introduction than a full blown adventure. 2g seems to be the best dose for startes, it is low enough to not lose control, and fun enough to give you a nice impression of what they can do.

night time is a fun time to be doing them. try to be in nature, or close to it, for me that give the best experience. i also find fresh air to be relieveing of any anxiety i may be getting. fast a bit before, take them on an empty stomach, but have some snacks ready for later. have some juice, and if you smoke, have cigarettes. bring good music, and have everything easily accesible. things will be fidgety while udner the influence so you mihgt want to have the playlist ready :)

best of luck!

the only other psychedelic experience I have had was with DXM. have done that twice and reached mid-level second plateau both times. but i understand the experience from DXM should be different as it is a disasociative

1.75-2g or so is a good amount for a starting dose, though i'm sure plenty people have gone higher & been fine. Best to err on the side of caution with these things though. And yes, shrooms are quite different from dissociatives.

Check the Beginners FAQ linked to in my signature please, it will help you on your general way to find the info you're looking for. It will also point you to the Psychedelic Index also linked to in my signature. Using both you can find the First Time Shrooming / First Time Mushrooms thread which is a subthread of the Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread.

You can read that to see what other questions have been asked to fill you in on things good to know, also check the Erowid thread of course and read a lot about it - as much as you can that seems relevent really. Search for trip reports there, see the First Times to see what to expect.

If after all that you have a little more specific questions please post them in the appropriate existing threads or if you feel that it's warranted start a new thread on them.

New threads that cover a topic that has a lot archived on it that also do not contain specific questions are redundant I'm sorry.

If my instructions are not clear on how to exactly start doing your research using our resources you can ask here but otherwise I mean to close this.

Shrooms are my favorite psychedelic and truly a special experience. For a first timer I would recommend 2 grams. Your best bet is doing them during the day because colors are very VIBRANT. You might throw up on the come up, but don't be alarmed that's normal for some people. Music is awesome. Shrooms are very insightful so expect for a little head trip. Have fun watching the world breathe, shrooms remind you were all connected and one. Have fun.

Well it depends on the strain, I was getting some really nice shrooms that you could trip pretty hard with 1g, and 2 was mind blowing insanity

For your first shroom trip I'd like to suggest doing "blue meanies"
I'm not sure the exact method of action (i assume more psilocin than psilocybin) But I always tend to have much better trips off of these than your typical cubensis (purple ringer)
They're also rather common.

They definately have an entheogenic effect that purple ringers lack, and cause more vivid colorful hallucinations rather than the distortions I get from the ringers. The ringers also seem to make me feel like I'm going crazy, I've lost my mind for ever, or I've been horribly poisoned, which the meanies seem to lack themselves, and isntead it's more like the 'god within' feeling associated with the term "entheogen"

Half of a completely dried 8th will do ya good.