Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rundskop.jpg

Bullhead, very good but I doubt many will find it interesting if they've never heard of the animal hormone mafia.

battle: los angelis
meh, army tough guy shit is boring, aliens were ok, their ships were funky. Monsters was so much better.

Valhalla Rising.

This is a movie that i think people will either love or hate, i enjoyed it.. very cinematic, the style in which it was filmed reminded me alot of 2001 A space odyssey. Long pauses on scenes, little dialogue, emphasis on the atmosphere. I would probably avoid it if you hate slow films :)

valhalla_rising_2010.jpg

sucker_punch_poster56.jpg

I watched this twice. It is what it is. A cool world with awesome FX. But weak story, and under developed charactors hurt the movie. 3/5

Videodrome
i had seen bits and pieces of it before, but saw it from start to finish for the first time today. i liked it. reminded me of Funny Games meets delillo's White Noise meets palahniuk's Lullaby.

and

The Fly ('86)
guess i was having a cronenberg day. was entertaining. quite different from the original. not sure which i like more, as i was a little kid when i saw the first one.

Highball
a low-budget, dialogue based movie with so-so dialogue.

What's New Pussycat
there were a few fun and funny moments, but overall it was pretty bland.

The Salton Sea (Val Kilmer) Circa 2002, I believe?? Very solid; ending was a bit subpar, though. Big Kilmer fan.

The Door in the Floor - Based on the book (Jeff Bridges, Kim Basinger). Excellent film. Have seen it before but it was on HBO today and decided to rewatch. Spot on acting, great dialogue, and heartfelt cinema.

Last edited:
The River Why

Based on the 1983 novel. I haven't read the book but the movie was alright, not great, but not terrible.

I do freelance movie reviews btw if anyone here is hiring.

Romeo + Juliet

yes + u know the one with dicaprio and claire danes. dunno why i watched it, more like "why not" ? i dig it but real talk using the "shakespeare speak" is like watching something in spansih, i can understand a lil bit but most of it it was like "okay" but whatevs still dope visually with all the religious stuff and costumes

good soundtrack

^i was so excited to see that as a kid. haven't seen it since. netflix thinks i'll still like it.

Girly

a psychopath-family movie. originally titled Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny and Girly. the change was appropriate. all the other characters are just there to give Girly a setting to play in. her character is popular in horror movies. the pseudo-lolita psychopath. an attractive, just grown up girl that talks baby-talk and dresses in a slutty variation of little girls' clothes. tells older men "let's play a game" in a flirty, sinister voice. the guy knows he shouldn't but can't walk away from the situation. the game involves him dying. very much like Spider Baby. not as good, but still entertaining.

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction

Only my second time seeing it, but I can definitely say that it's even better the second time around.

You always catch so much more the 2nd time around.
That is, if the movie is good enough to outsmart you.

The Last Circus, wow what an unusual film. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to describe it: funny in places, if the humour is a little dark and macabre, but quite a tragic theme throughout with some absurd violence/horror thrown in for good measure.

^i was so excited to see that as a kid. haven't seen it since. netflix thinks i'll still like it.
worth a viewing just to take a stroll down memory lane. it really captures that 90s mtv vibe.
The Last Circus, wow what an unusual film. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to describe it: funny in places, if the humour is a little dark and macabre, but quite a tragic theme throughout with some absurd violence/horror thrown in for good measure.
i peeped it not too long ago, enjoyable. i agree with your thoughts on it. i could be totally off but i thought of the clowns fighting over the chick as some sort of metaphor for the spanish civil war. also recall that little dude who would fly off his turbo motorbike and hit the wall had me lmao.

i watched V for Vendetta, since anonymous is in the news for B.A.R.T. shuttin down cellphone, Britain is crackin down on social media, ISP's recording your internet activity, etc i swear movies like children of men, v for vendetta, and other future dystopian flicks become "realer" everyday. so yea V for Vendetta got me amped for a revolution. VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

^Did you see what anonymous did to BART's website? :D

I watched Enter the Void last night. It started good but it kind of lost me about a half hour into it. It's not the movie's fault, I'm sure it was the psychedelic fungus I ate that diverted my attention. I've heard alot of positive reviews so I think I'll be watching it again (sober) pretty soon.

^ yea, im always checkin twitter to see what they're up to. nice avatar btw =)

i recently watched Enter the Void blu-ray also. i hear ya about the diverted attention due to psychedelic substances, hard to finish a long flick if ur peaking. probably best to dose halfway through then come up when its bout to end cause the ending of the movie itself is psychedelic madness.

Dillinger Is Dead

i don't know. there is definitely some heavy-handed nonsense in there, but it looks nice. quiet yet absurd. i think it qualifies as cool. though the criterion edition DVD cover and title-menu might be cooler than the actual movie.

someone on netflix summed it up well, "If you want to see something that is really on the exact border between art and bulls**t check this out."

the little girl in the green bikini at the end...

You didn't have to threaten my dog to get me to post. You awful, awful man. Nevertheless, seen a few movies in the last few days:

The Fighter - Didn't know much about the movie going in, just that it was about boxing and was up for a bunch of awards. Thought I was going to be disappointed because it got such good reviews, but it was definitely a good movie. It wasn't just the underdog training hard and rising up. I mean that was in there, but there was a lot more to the movie than that. Also, Christian Bale was so believable as the crackhead brother. He was excellent in that role.

Wet Hot American Summer - Really funny and cool to see some actors before they got big (Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, etc.), plus I like Janeane Garofalo and David Hyde Pierce. Bradley Cooper makes out with a dude FYI. Had only heard about it a bit, so didn't really know much about the movie beforehand. It got a little goofy near the end, but this movie had a lot of funny parts and did a good job of poking fun at 80's movies.

Fire in the Sky - Pretty cool story (had never heard about that incident before). Was creepy, especially where they the abducted guy was flashing back to being inside the ship. Was interesting how the whole story played out. I had wanted to see this when I was younger, but was only 7 or 8 when it came out and I had thought the previews looked scary, so I never rented. Glad I finally saw it. :)

You always catch so much more the 2nd time around.
That is, if the movie is good enough to outsmart you.

I think regardless of the film that you always catch something that you didn't notice in the first viewing.

Last edited:
Meet the Hollowheads

weird movie. all these little plot set-ups that spiral down to nothing. just about style, jabbing at the 50s & 80s, and tubes. stupid, but worth watching. don't know how it got away with pg-13.

reminded me of Brazil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.