Renamed: Upgrade Discussion Thread

GLITCH

People's profiles have a link to 'articles'.

I assume 'articles' could be things that people contribute to the Front page, but under how BL works, articles are actually an admin-only privilege for making announcements?

Hoptis appears to be the only one with an 'article': http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/list/author/32490-hoptis

Oh, and if you remove the author's ID number in the url: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/list/author/

...it displays user no.1: Flakoz! :D

(I hate you already)

Yes, correct to all, will be removed. Throw it on the list.

^^
do you mean by being able to submit a post? if you place your cursor over where it says "post quick reply" it shows you that you can also push "ALT + S" to quickly make your post. (make sure it's a capital S, so you'll have to really do "alt + shift + s")

Ok, maybe I am doing it wrong, but i cant get the nsfw button to work. When I hit the button the text is wrapped with instead of NSFW. I had to physically type it in there to make it work.

Removed, that's what I meant in the announcement about the new editor playing up badly. The
NSFW:
icon still works in-editor but the button died in the ass with the upgrade. I'm sure we don't want to let ali's icon go to waste though so... throw it on the list :D

like the new format

but my last date visited is wrong.

Ugh other than the skin i have no real problems... the skin is just so ugly and confusing.. but im sure that will be fixed with multiple options eventually

^^
do you mean by being able to submit a post? if you place your cursor over where it says "post quick reply" it shows you that you can also push "ALT + S" to quickly make your post. (make sure it's a capital S, so you'll have to really do "alt + shift + s")

That never used to work for me for some reason. ALT+S brings up a drop down of my history in Firefox and ALT+SHIFT+S.......apparently works! THANK YOU!

Ugh other than the skin i have no real problems... the skin is just so ugly and confusing.. but im sure that will be fixed with multiple options eventually
As it's been said elsewhere in the thread, skins are not free. So unless you want to buy one for the site, it looks as though this is what we're stuck with--And on that note, I've seen way worse skins for forums. This one isn't half bad in comparison.

^^
ya no problem lol. the same thing kept happening to me and i was like, wtf? then it finally dawned on me that the s was capitalized.

looks like we're all helping each other get through this update together lol.

PM's from greenlighters? Not that I mind in this case, the guy's really nice, but I thought it was limited to bluelighters, not sure if you know about it.

Congrats on the new site btw., got used to it pretty quick, though, like I said, I have to zoom out twice in firefox otherwise it's HUGE!

\/ I second the confusion with the edit window, it's when you 'Go Advanced'... lol at the sparkly buttons :D

And I have some little 'up arrow' thing at the top of my screen, regardless of how far down a page I am, and about 3/4 of the way to the right that appears to do nothing but be annoying.

Last edited:
^Know a good graphics designer who'll work for free? ;)

Yes, PM me.

Also, can anything be done about the width of the column with username / avatar / join date etc in it? It takes up a freakish amount of space at the mo (running Chrome).

Other gripes:

Word wrap in post editor not working.

Old skin used alternating colours for previous posts so that when posting you could tell where posts started and stopped in the list below the edit window... can that be changed? It's well confusing as it stands.

Quote / reply buttons ugly as sin. The shine is distracting for drug users. Can they go non-graphical like the submit / previews ? Or see my first line.

Good things:

Speed

Auto Save

It's back!

^ excellent post, thank you. Did you try zooming out regarding the column width?

I too dislike the way it formats the previous posts summary - if you want to reply to multiple posts, you can quote multiple ones and if you don't want those quotes in your post for some reason you can delete them. Also when you click reply, it allows you to reply right below the post you're replying to so this is helping if you want to refer back to while typing but obviously it doesn't help in the advanced option.

Hopefully the engineers will be able to address these issues but given what they have to address, I'm not sure shiny buttons will take priority ;) I'm definitely with you regarding the previous post formatting though.

^ excellent post, thank you. Did you try zooming out regarding the column width?.

I did indeed, the proportions are maintained and the text gets smaller as expected... I guess the class "userinfo" can probably have its width changed to something less majestic in the css somewhere. As for the shiny buttons, fuckit, I can knock some without shine to those dimensions in about ten minutes if you want.

What purpose does vbcat_middle serve? Just seems to be an unnecessary gradient on top of another gradient.

OMFG the old shade of pastel blue has been replaced by a very slightly different shade of pastel blue which suks balls, I can't believe what you guys have done here, I'm leaving bluelight now and if I die thanks to a bizarre drugs overdose & masturbation combo in my momma's basement it'll be YOUR FAULT, WAH WAH WAH. pls give me a refund.

OMFG the old shade of pastel blue has been replaced by a very slightly different shade of pastel blue which is beautiful, I can't believe what you guys have done here, I'm staying on bluelight forever now and if I die thanks to a bizarre 72 hour sleepless period in my bedroom it'll be MY FAULT, WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP. pls give me a hug.

<3 :)

I can't express how much I've missed you, felix.

jancrow, unfortunately you're going to have to wait for one of the admins/engineers who understand what you're saying to come on. I was only promoted to this role because I look good in a bikini :\

even after i view a thread, it leaves it as having unread posts. you have to look at every page before it will mark a thread as read?

What happened to the search function at the middle-top of every forum? I only ever used that Google powered search because the built-in search doesn't like terms such as "2C-E". Can this possibly be restored? I'm guessing it's just a plug-in; it would definitely be handy to have it re-installed at some point.

The site is running much smoother today, I like it. I like the new 'Blog Entries' link in the user info column. I've also adjusted to the new look which is good. Zoom makes things worse for me in IE, I'd rather view it as it is.

^im 99% sure this is incorrect. it used to be that if you clicked a thread it was marked as read until there was a new post. even if you were joining in on the thread on page 22, you did not have to go back and click on every page to make it read. wouldn't swear my life on this, but it is too significant now for me to believe i did not notice it before.