(LSD / 1 blotter) + (2C-B / 20mg) - Experienced - "Day 'N' Nite"

yardbirdrc

Bluelighter
Date: July 9, 2011
Time: 12:40PM-3:00AM
Drug: LSD (T+0:00) and 2C-B (T+8:20)
Dose: 1 blotter and 20mg

Day
Some Mayan calendars found their way to me recently. According to ancient Mayan carvings and legends these were laid from quality Swiss stock at a high dose, though due to the grape-vine nature of the LSD trade I won't claim any of that as fact despite trusting my source highly. Yesterday a friend and I set about putting its reputation to the test. At 12:40 I dropped half of a tab as my cohort K dropped a full panel. After 45 minutes or so of good old-fashioned anticipation we began to feel the unmistakeable tide coming in and so we struck out for the park. It was an ideal day for a trip, or for any outdoor activity - in the high 80's with a solid breeze here or there to parry the high humidity.

We made our way to the park and bee-lined for the trail system, a favorite tripping route of mine as of late. This is a metropolitan area but our park is one of the biggest in the country to exist in such a setting. It is very easy to find yourself surrounded by trees there while still being about 10 minutes from a bustling city - a very nice feature for those of us on psychonautical expeditions. As we walked along the trails the intensity began to rise to a nice level, but I was still hungering for more. LSD is hard to re-dose on because it takes a solid 2 to 3 hours to really get a feel for how intense the day is going to be, but I took a risk and decided to push it further while I still could. About one hour and fifteen minutes after we had dropped our original doses I boosted with half of the remaining half a tab, followed by the rest about 15 minutes after that.

Along the trail we stopped at several side paths. We followed one to its end where we found some abandoned wooden box and just as we arrived a deer complete with a handsome set of horns sprang forth about 10 feet away from us and bounded off to safety. It was a shocking experience, but a magnificent one, and I read it as a good omen. We reached the end of the trail we were on and rested at the half-way point for the round trip, a grassy hill peppered with a handful of beautiful large trees. We sat here for a while and reflected on various things. It was the usual philosophical LSD banter, the content of which is escaping me today. We both agreed at this point that the LSD felt different than that which we were used to. This was only my fifth experience with LSD but my friend probably had about twice that under his belt. Neither of us felt any body effect. I mean really, next to none. LSD has without fail has always given me some tension and aches as the experience reaches the peak and on throughout the night, but with this I felt none of that. The trip was entirely mental and visual. I wondered if this was due to the alleged quality of the crystal or if it was a psychosomatic reaction because we had been told it was so "clean". To be honest I suspect it was the former. No matter how "clean" I expected this to be I never expected the near complete lack of body effect that we experienced. LSD is one of the few psychedelics that continues to intimidate me and that is largely due to the sense of exhaustion and physical disrepair that it evokes in those last few hours that seem to just drag and drag. No amount of mental suggestion could've completely done away with that, and with these doses I found no such pitfalls, just good clean fun.

We threw frisbee at the half-way hill for a little while and decided to press on and find the frisbee golf course. On the way towards where we thought it might be we stopped and asked a stranger for directions. I had zero hesitation with doing this and zero problem communicating with him even though the shade of orange coming off his spandex bicycle garb was blowing my mind. As it turned out we were headed the right way and we passed by some tennis courts and a mini-golf course before finding ourselves just where we needed to be. Standing by the first hole was a boy who I assume was attending a nearby family reunion (there were about 5 of these going on that we saw throughout the day, it's a huge park). The boy had only one good arm and I felt a strange breed of guilt while I hurled the frisbee from the first tee. We had only one frisbee for the two of us, and it was designed for playing Ultimate, not for frisbee golf (frisbee golf disks are smaller, heavier and made of rubber). Compounding this, neither of us had any depth perception. When K threw the frisbee it looked like it had travelled half way around the earth. By the second hole we realized we were holding up other people's games so we left the course. We found our way back to the hill and started back towards town on a new system of trails. This is where the peak of the experience began. The returning trail system winds back and forth around a small babbling stream. K kept remarking that he had seen some insect or other small animal, and although he felt he could spend hours focused on that one creature it always seemed to run away before he could spend more than a few seconds observing. I was moving quickly, there was this low-grade sense of anxiety about me. I wanted to be back in the city among people and inside buildings. As we neared the end of the trail we stopped to sit under a stone bridge which must've been extremely old. As soon as I sat down all the anxiety I felt while walking vanished. My heart rate slowed and I let out an exhale. I was at peace, and the intensity of the acid made itself very clear. I was loving every second of it, too. We moved into another long acid-y conversation here under what we dubbed the skeleton bridge. I was very much avoiding the use of words like "good" and "bad" throughout this conversation and I began to examine things that appear bad to me in daily life for what they really were. It all began when I said that "Crank Dat" by Soulja Boy was our generation's Electric Slide. K remarked how mad that made him because music today was so shallow, and normally I might have agreed but I decided to think about it further. Shallowness is as valid a human trait as any and why should we criticize music that seeks to express that? Deep and shallow are really two sides of the same coin and who are we to claim that one is inherently any better than the other? Our thirst for deep and meaningful expression is very much a luxury. While we sat here on LSD trying to get a better understanding of our reality, somewhere there was a hungry child who would give anything to escape reality, and who are we to judge them for it? I used to think drug use in the pursuit of knowledge was different than drug use for the sake of escapism but I realized that both of these things essentially come from the same source. K called it a dissatisfaction with one's current brain chemistry. We all seek to alter our consciousness in one way or another throughout our days, be it through drugs or through any number of other experiences. We get very bored when our brain stays in one state for too long. All drug users use drugs as an escape in some sense, be it an escape from pain or an escape from the norm.

We pushed on from the bridge and made our way to large and architecturally wondrous school building where we stopped to use the bathroom. As I waited for K I sent a text and the indoor setting really brought out the visuals. I was still able to send a text with relative ease, and I was still feeling no body effect at all, but my phone and the table I was leaning on were melting in a most beautiful fashion. From here we returned to my apartment and decided to smoke a little pot. The weed really mellowed out the LSD and added a nice warm body buzz. We were still tripping quite nicely but it was definitely winding down as we were at about the 5 hour mark. It came in waves, each less intense than the last until it finally became mostly the weed that we were feeling around 6:30PM, though the LSD was still most definitely doing something. We ate some pizza and prepared to attend a party. Instead of the usual drunk'n'high treatment we decided to continue in our psychedelic adventures with 20mg of 2C-B which was dropped at 9pm, about 8 hours after the LSD dose. I was slightly apprehensive about this, the last time I did 20mg of 2C-B was 2 days after taking mescaline so I wondered if tolerance had dampened my previous trip. If anything the LSD would potentiate the bees, right? Or was it already late enough in the game that we had to account for tolerance? Neither of us really knew, but we just went for it.

Night
By the time we arrived at the party we were coming up on the 2C-B without a doubt. 15 more minutes and we were in a full blown visual playground. The couch across from me had a floral design on it and the flowers were rapidly changing shape, size and color. For the first time ever I was finally given the gift of strong tracers. It was magical to watch somebody talking, their face phasing in and out of configurations like a strobe light, one step behind the voice. Hands waving back and forth in gesticulation left 6 or 7 copies in their wake. More people arrived and everybody was having a good time. At around 11 I had begun to think I was coming down as the visuals were starting to die off a bit. It never occurred to me how foolish that was, if I had thought about the timeframe I would've realized we should've actually been approaching the peak. Feeling confident, I had a drink or two, one of which was a gin and tonic that probably had more shots in it than I expected. We stepped out to the fire escape to smoke a bit of weed. First we dispatched of a joint we had rolled for the LSD but never used, then as more and more people joined the circle we broke out the pipe from which I took several sizeable hits. This is when things started to get a little off. At first I thought I was just very drunk as I hadn't eaten much that day and the disorientation I was feeling reminded me of alcohol. I really didn't want to be that drunk so I started to get nervous and stepped inside. I considered leaving at this point but K urged me to hang around longer. We did and the disorientation only got stronger. I asked K how he was feeling and he reported that he was tripping complete balls as well. Finally I put the pieces together. We realized the 2C-B was still very much in effect, and since K hadn't drank anything it must've been the weed that kicked things into high gear. This put my mind at ease slightly because I realized that I at least wasn't drunk and therefore wasn't in any physical danger. However the disorientation only kept getting worse. Everything was strongly pixelated. Visually the experience was one of the most beautiful I've ever had but there were moments in time where I wasn't sure that I would be there the next second. I felt removed from my body, and at times my consciousness was hanging from a thread. I felt close to passing out but in a very strange way, and I'm sure I couldn't have actually gone to sleep. I felt uncomfortable sitting so I stood. I felt uncomfortable standing so I sat. I was becoming self-conscious of my very strange behavior at this party where I had only just met half the guests. I didn't want everybody to know how many drugs I had taken but when a friend said I had set the record for the most drugs he'd seen in one person my cover was blown if it hadn't been already. An especially drug-ignorant friend kept asking me psychedelically naive questions. It was a bad scene for me at the moment and I decided to put my foot down and leave the party, explaining that I had been tripping all day which made me feel even more ashamed and awkward. These were generally open minded people who in retrospect probably had no qualms but I still felt guilt at having overdone it to the point that I had to call it quits. K came with as his stuff was at my place.

The walk back was about a half hour and for most of it I was still heavily disoriented and unattached from my body. It was alternate moments of extreme fun and pleasure and extreme fear that I might find myself waking up on the streets. By the time we got closer to campus, though, things had died down a bit. I finally felt back in my own head and I was able to fully appreciate the incredible visual display I was receiving. All in all it was very similar to the strong 2C-I experience that gave me quite a scare 3 years ago, only I was much more able to handle myself this time. Yes, leaving the party was a defeat, but finding myself in the city at night with a strong dose of 2C-B going to work on me was the reward. Buildings were absolutely astonishing. K and I both could not stop commenting on how amazing architecture was. We passed churches and university buildings and they all looked absolutely idyllic with perfect right angles and clean, smooth surfaces. Texture was a very large part of the trip. K remarked that he could look at something off in the distance and feel the texture on his hand as clear as day. I wasn't experiencing this at that moment but I had experienced it before and it is quite the feeling. Shrubs and trees looked to be made of legos and stucco walls were a wonderful treat for the eyes. As we entered my apartment the visuals were still very strong but winding down. It gave me great comfort to know that I would make it through the experience safe and sound. K eventually decided to drive home and I spent the next hour appreciating the effects on my own.

I woke up late the next afternoon curled in bed next to my closed laptop. I must've passed out around 3am while watching TV though I don't remember closing the lid on the computer. I felt absolutely shitty and completely exhausted but a couple hundred milligrams of caffeine and some toast fixed me up nicely. I immediately set to work at committing this experience to words though much of it was forgotten, omitted, or simply beyond lingual expression. Scoop up those Mayans if you see them around your way, they're simply great tabs, probably the best quality I've ever had and at a very satisfying dose for just one blotter. As for 2C-B, despite my foible at the party I am absolutely chomping at the bit to try that again. The visuals were positively unmatched by anything I've taken besides, of course, DMT. I am confident that given a little bit more responsibility with the weed and booze 20mg could still be a very nice dose for a party, as it was before we took those fateful hits on the fire escape. All things considered it was a pretty great day. Happy trails!

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
substancecode_2cb
substancecode_phenethylamines
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited:
Great report!
I'm going to nominate it for our "Trip Report of the Month" contest.

Very well written!! I second the nomination. Made me wanna write up my last 2cb experience

muchos gracias for the nomination, glad you enjoyed it! i used to think 2c-b didn't have shit on mescaline but now i'm not so sure. they're both great in different contexts.

Awesome report, very detailed and well written!

A week ago I was bbqing in the park and saw 3 guys tripping absolute balls on something and playing frisbee golf. It was hilarious, I don't think they realized how obvious it was that they were tripping lol.

thanks for the great report. by chance do you have a picture of what the mayan sheet looks like?

NSFW:
gqKc0.jpg

you are an amazing writer. truly loved reading this experience, that sounds like a fantastic experience!

Fantastic report! Thanks for writing it up - I definitely can relate to the way you felt at the party!

I can relate to how you felt at that party! 2cb brings out a new character to a smooth LSD ride. Together the experience can be overwhelming/overstimulating at times, the rewards most certainly outweigh the negatives. I became self conscious on my L/B experience as well.. But what a killer combo! Excellent read.