Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Finally finished Broadchurch. If it did nothing else it convinced me that I have to visit that part of the UK! The cliffs are gorgeous but the surrounding countryside is so lush.

Has anyone watched Babylon Berlin? That might be up next for me.

Has anyone watched Babylon Berlin? That might be up next for me.

That sounds interesting, I might have a look into that. I really love period pieces; especially if it's a fictional narrative blended in with real historical events and timelines.

I just finished Mindhunter. It follows the early days of criminal psychology and criminal profiling within the FBI.. it was better then I expected, but I enjoy the psychoanalyzing.. Hannibal was similar but it went extremely deep into the psyche of serial killers in an artistic direction.

I'm currently on Ripper Street.. cheesy name good show.

(My Stalker is watching Forensic Files, My Crazy Ex Girlfriend and a bunch of murderous shit.)

i just started watching (i'm on episode 2) wild wild country

When a controversial cult leader builds a utopian city in the Oregon desert, conflict with the locals escalates into a national scandal.

it's really excellent.

alasdair

Santa Cruz used to be overrun with the Rajaneeshis back in the 70's. We were all happy when they went to Oregon and we were vindicated in our views of the corruption and brainwashing from the top when the poisoning happened. I personally knew a lot of good people that got temporarily drawn into that.

The reviews of Wild Wild Country have been pretty incredible. Looking forward to starting it soon.

I just finished Wild Wild Country. That was really great.. I heard of Osho's teachings but I never knew about the cult following or Rajneesh Puram in Oregon.

Anyone see the new horror film 'Veronica'? Gonna check it out tonight.
Veronica is fantastic. The Spanish know how to do horror.

Anyone watched the series Flint Town about the beleaguered Flint, Michigan police department? Watching it so far, I've concluded that cops will never get the respect they deserve because many of them don't respect the community they police and vice versa. It's a vicious circle and I'm not sure there's a solution. I'm also left wondering why (because Flint is a city in such dire straits) the city just doesn't do away with the police department and outsource law enforcement to the county sheriff's department. There was a man who called in an assault and robbery and the police didn't show up at his home for 27 hours.

Santa Cruz used to be overrun with the Rajaneeshis back in the 70's. We were all happy when they went to Oregon and we were vindicated in our views of the corruption and brainwashing from the top when the poisoning happened. I personally knew a lot of good people that got temporarily drawn into that.
i bet.

a lecturer at my college in edinburgh in 1986 was a rajaneeshi! complete with the maroon clothes and the picture of the bhagwan.

alasdair

^ Scary stuff.

That grinning bufoon Rajneshgobshiteistan and his protege, Seela/Sile ( whatever) - the mind boogles but yet we are all subject to this group manipulation, crap. Understandable and interesting stuff.

Anyhoo, I digress. It was a wonderful documentary.

For anyone interested in psychopathic-led, cult docs, id recommend Prophet of Evil, not for the directing/production, but the subject matter.

Last edited:
I'm binging Trailer Park Boys. Holy shit is this show funny!

Enjoy. My favorite show of all time (first seven seasons, anyway...). Wish I could go back to 2006 when I started and do it all over. What episode are you on?

Fuck yes boys I'm getting fucking drunk and stoned tonight! Also my favorite show. You are indeed lucky to have never seen it yet!

I'm nearing season six. Every season starts with them getting out of jail lol. I'm amazed at how watchable the show is, despite the fact that even though every season has the exact same basic plot: steal shit to sell/grow to dope., make shit ton of money, lose that money because they always end up pulling out guns. Over and over... yet always hilarious! Such a classic.

I was watching season 4 last night and the wife walked in. She thought that the series ended a season 3, so she now has 8 more seasons that she never knew existed.

I just got her to start watching Better Call Saul.

Nothing's grabbing me on Netflix lately. And their suggestions are hopeless.

Just to warn you guys. TPB after season 7 is not that great. 8 is the first Netflix season. The creator and director Clattenburg left, so did a few of the best actors. Mike Smith aka Bubbles writes most of the material and its pretty much a disaster. It's more like the Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour than TPB. They turn the boys into caricatures. None of the heart that made the real show successful. Just warning you ;) The show is finally getting a little better the last couple of seasons but it will never be what it once was.