Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

^Ozark was good. A bit of a "Breaking Bad"-lite but definitely watchable. I dug the setting.

I have that empty feeling inside that only comes when you finish watching an epic series or reading a long book. In this case, me and Miss Swilow watched all 9 seasons (208 episodes I think) of How I Met Your Mother over the last few months. Good show, despite tapering off really dramatically at the end. Lots of laughs during the early seasons but it always annoys me when shows try to deepen characters that are, by nature, sort of unlikeable and shallow, such as Barney. It robbed him of a lot of the shit that made him funny but I guess his character was getting qutie repetitive. Still, it didn't really make sense to have him go on this long, life-changing value shift over 9 seasons to suddenly revert back within 22 minutes. A good show with flaws but one I got stupidly suckered into. 7/10 would be my ranking.

I'm re-watching Twin Peaks on Netflix right now. God I love this show. After that i have a copy of Fire Walk with Me to re-watch, and then after that I have... acquired, so to speak ;), the third season and plan to finally view that.

^ i'll be interested to read your thoughts on the return.

alasdair

This might have been mentioned already but The Knick is spectacular IMO. The medical practices of the early 1900's is emphatically captivating... and horrifying, the downside being there is only 2 seasons. I could have watched 10+ myself. It's not just the cast that's great though as Steven Soderbergh directed the series and was also the director of photography and editor under a pseudonym(s).

220px-The_Knick_Promo_Poster.jpg

Edit: This might be wrong thread as it's on Cinemax, whoops..

Last edited:
Dave Chappelle has a new 2-part standup special on Netflix. "Equanimity" and "The Bird's Revelation". Came out today on New Year's Eve. Yesss!!!

altered carbon drops in a few short weeks. i have the such high hopes. i was into an album named after it, read the book and all that. was suppose to made into a movie for the longest, netflix is the best thing that coulda happened. i'm only familiar with the one story it is based on but other books so maybe even future seasons. hype! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4

I can also vouch for Ozark. Jason Bateman is great in it.

I'm hitting 1-2 episodes a night and am fairly impressed. Jason Bateman being an executive producer is actually kinda impressive as he seems to support decent production value.

MV5BODIyNzk5NDg5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE5NjA5MjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

I'm re-watching Twin Peaks on Netflix right now. God I love this show. After that i have a copy of Fire Walk with Me to re-watch, and then after that I have... acquired, so to speak ;), the third season and plan to finally view that.

Why does Twin Peaks have such a devoted following? I really like some of the players, but I never was able to get too into it. Perhaps I should revisit someday.

Why does Twin Peaks have such a devoted following? I really like some of the players, but I never was able to get too into it. Perhaps I should revisit someday.
Some people just can't get into it. It's my favorite show of all time though.

If you look at the acting as intentionally over-dramatic and understand that it's a parody of soap operas, it makes a lot more sense.

omg reviews aren't looking that great for altered carbon LOL

?Altered Carbon? is a lesson in the importance of context.

If it were on the Syfy channel, where it belongs, it would look above average. You?d think, yeah, not bad. On Netflix, where its 10 episodes will be available Friday, it still looks like an above-average Syfy series, which just makes you think, what the heck is this doing here?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/arts/television/altered-carbon-review-netflix-blade-runner.html

... i'll live... :(

Netflix has surprised me with a number of fantastic films having been added recently. I'm in love with them again :) yesterday I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats, Eyes Wide Shut, and To Rome with Love. All fantastic films!

Not a series, but Chris Rock's new special "Tambourine" has me laughing throughout the entire thing.

He said Trump just might work out because Bush was so bad, he gave us Obama, a black President. Trump is so bad, he might give us Jesus.

Haha No kiddin'. Brilliant.

Started to watch german "Dark" TV show, not bad at all.....

I just finished this. Watched the entire season in two nights.. I thought it was brilliant. Definitely not a show to watch when your tired.. I had a hard time keeping track of all the characters.