• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone headache?

MystiKasT

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I took a 4mg dose of suboxone today, I've taken suboxone in the past too and had this happen. I get a mild, but constant headache while on the suboxone. Any idea why? All my withdrawal symptoms are gone, which is great, but this headache is a pain the ass. I assume its safe to take advil while on suboxone? I'm about to take a couple now, just wondering if anyone had similar experience? Sorry if this has been covered, I looked, but could not find it.

Thank you.

You can go ahead and take an Advil if you want, Ibuprofen is probably the best to go. I've never really suffered headaches from Suboxone but know that its a side effect of opiates. Although some opiates are prescribed for headaches like Hydrocodone. You can get rebound headaches from opiates too.

I've been on suboxone for about 4 months now, and from time to time I get a headache, like you said a pain in the ass. I also sweat alot more while i'm on suboxone, I guess its just the side effects, But I always just take a IB 800 and that always seems to relieve the headache.

I've been on suboxone for about 4 months now, and from time to time I get a headache, like you said a pain in the ass. I also sweat alot more while i'm on suboxone, I guess its just the side effects, But I always just take a IB 800 and that always seems to relieve the headache.

You sweat on Suboxone? I've never experienced the entire 2 years that I have been on it. I'll experience it when I'm coming down or something.

Headaches are a fairly common side effect of buprenorphine, sadly. I've noticed that popping an Aleve (naproxen sodium) with your Suboxone dose will kill that headache before it has a chance to get bad.

In regards to the sweating question, I've never had an issue with sweating on bupe before, but it has happened to me with other opiates, so its certainly not out of the question.

Headaches are pretty common with opiates in general. So is sweating. I find I run hot or something. When I get opiate headaches I take aspirin and 10mg diazepam. In the spirit of harm reduction I don't reccomend mixing opiates and benzos. Try aspirin and water. Good luck.

^Drinking lots of water helps a lot. I find that Gatorade is even better. :) Turn on a fan or crank the A/C up and the sweating should be reduced.

Headaches are an unfortunate, but fairly common side effect of Suboxone. Personally I don't experience them, but the pain of a headache is an agony I know all too well.

I would try taking some tylenol and drinking a lot of water.

If the headache is too much, I would stay away from them and try to find Subutex if i was you. If you're prescribed them, you might even be able to switch your prescription over to Subutex after a chat with your doctor.

Good luck!

Headaches are an unfortunate, but fairly common side effect of Suboxone. Personally I don't experience them, but the pain of a headache is an agony I know all too well.

I would try taking some tylenol and drinking a lot of water.

If the headache is too much, I would stay away from them and try to find Subutex if i was you. If you're prescribed them, you might even be able to switch your prescription over to Subutex after a chat with your doctor.

Good luck!

Its not the naloxone that causes the headaches, switching onto Subutex won't matter. Its the buprenorphine that causes the potential headaches, just like all other opiates.

I also sweat more than usual on suboxone. Sometimes I'll wake up at night feeling like I pissed the bed, but it's just me sweating. I can't blame it on being to hot, as my room has an A/C. It sucks waking up completely soaked.

I also sweat more than usual on suboxone. Sometimes I'll wake up at night feeling like I pissed the bed, but it's just me sweating. I can't blame it on being to hot, as my room has an A/C. It sucks waking up completely soaked.

I think that's minor withdrawals bro.

How could it be withdrawals? I take about 8mg of sub a day, I don't feel shity or anything either.

it's not. don't listen to him. i'm pretty sure that like me you're well acquainted with how opiate w/ds feel.

are you taking any ssri's or any other depression meds? i find that the combination i'm on, effexor and remeron aka california rocket fuel, greatly increases the stimulatory effects of bupe. it makes me think even more that bupe has to have some affinity for at least one serotonin site. i take 8mg too and for some people, they only notice the sweats and anxiety at doses over 12mg, but for me i notice it with under 4mg.

i came off pods and the first week or two adjusting to the bupe sucked a lot more for me than say the ones coming off oxycodone. there really is a shit load of other alkaloids in opium than just morphine and codeine (those are just the only ones that get attention).

it could be the interaction between your current meds and bupe or you're just going through withdrawals you're not aware of (only if you used nature for your opiates that is).

what i find to be the best help with the anxiety and sweats is simple marijuana. it helps significantly, but it can be tricky if you are receiving drug screens.

**about the headaches; i have had help in practically removing them completely by spitting the strip/pill out after it has had more than enough time to absorb. for me, i'm guessing my stomach doesn't like naloxone that much. mine headaches were so bad that i was thinking about discontinuing the bupe if my doc wouldn't allow me to take subutex.

hope this helps! remember, if at all possible, marijuana will help, but only if won't interfere with your recovery. stay headache free my friend.

I sweat like a bitch on suboxone. I went out today for a mile walk in the sun to fill out some papers for school, then I planned on walking around and looking for jobs. By the time I got to the first place I wanted to apply at, I was covered in sweat. Had to go in the bathroom, change shirts, and try and dry my hair with a towel.

I don't know why, but it makes me really sensitive to heat

I am also on suboxone and get terrible headaches from it. As others have said I think your best bet would be to take Aleve or ibuprofen. Also if you have time sometimes just a good nap can do wonders. I also have noticed I sweat more on this medication too, even worse then I did on any other opiate.

I sweat Alot on suboxone and opana also. Nit could be dehydration. Drink some water and take the OTC headache med that works best for you. Good luck!

at least try one day with no suboxone being swallowed. it has helped many with their headaches to spit it out. try it once. if you still have the headaches it is because you are sensitive to bupe, no headaches and it's the naloxone.

I know this is a very old topic, but I wanted to share my experience. I've been on both Suboxone and subutex, and I've experienced severe headaches and sweating, especially with Suboxone. I'm learning that many ailments I've been experiencing recently are in fact side effects of subutex. I could easily rant about the barbaric ways physicians "treat" opioid dependence, but I will spare anyone who might be reading this. I will say, I'm completely appalled at the direction the medical field, DEA etc. is headed in. It seems they put us on narcotics so quickly, then, before we know it, we are deemed "addicts" or "junkies", and treated poorly. I will end by saying I suffer from several chronic illnesses which cause chronic pain amongst many other symptoms. I've decided to look into homeopathic treatment, and can only hope that I will get proper help weaning off these awful drugs, pushed on us by legal drug dealers, and I hope the best for each of you.

i've never gotten headaches from opiates, and i've been on various ones, for a long period of time. suboxone is another story. it gave me awful headaches-migraines actually.

I've got a banging head now and it's awful. On day one subutex. Didn't have this the last 3x I was on it. Could it be that this time instead of popping a 8mg tab in one, I gradually crept up to 8mg as the famous Robert 32whatsit suggests? Could all the time you are inducting slowly, titrating upwards, the receptor sites are a battle ground and we are left with the scars : pain?