• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lightshows 2.0 vers. Let's melt some fucking faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^this is gona sound reaaaly lame but im new to gloving so gimme a break:

what/how do i invert em?

Haha don't worry man. All it is is turning your thumb lights around so the light shines towards your palm. It makes your rolls/waves look a lot cleaner.

Inverted thumbs are definately the way to go. I like to mix up my thumbs between my Maxlights and Inovas. But my real set is with my inverted BG Maxlights

anyone wanna recommend me a set?

im gonna get my first set for my bday (apr 25) but have NOO fucking idea what kind to order.

ill probably get the 'skittlez' set, should i get the palms too?

any 2c strobe set will be good. The gap where the 3rd color would be spaces out the lights just enough to let the recipients imagination blend your patterns together in their head (IE if you aren't perfectly smooth nobody is going to notice like they would if you use 3c 6c or 7c strobes, or the 1-2s that just came out)

Honestly, get colors you like, any 2c strobe is gonna be sick and MAKE SURE TO GET DIFFUSERS (CLOSED IMO)

if you think you are going to be serious, just avoid getting dotz casings (they suck ass)

imma goin with the chesire set :p

great set, get 2x PiYB 6mode maxlight and invert them (face them towards your palm) as thumbs,

get clear casings.

my room mate uses that set, its great. You might consider changing it a little and getting 6x PiPur (or whatever the main color 2c strobe is) and then getting 2x PiPurO for your index fingers. Its cool to throw in a random (but matching) color for a 3c strobe on your indexes sometimes

im getting 2 PiYB maxlights. do i need something special to invert them? cause i already placed the order haha :mad:

and i got whatever casing was the free kind

im getting 2 PiYB maxlights. do i need something special to invert them? cause i already placed the order haha :mad:

and i got whatever casing was the free kind

Inverted just means the bulb faces back. Put your lights facing back and the light goes under thumb. Button facing out for easy clicking on ur first index knuckle ;)

any 2c strobe set will be good. The gap where the 3rd color would be spaces out the lights just enough to let the recipients imagination blend your patterns together in their head (IE if you aren't perfectly smooth nobody is going to notice like they would if you use 3c 6c or 7c strobes, or the 1-2s that just came out)

Honestly, get colors you like, any 2c strobe is gonna be sick and MAKE SURE TO GET DIFFUSERS (CLOSED IMO)

if you think you are going to be serious, just avoid getting dotz casings (they suck ass)

2c strobes arnt that good imo. Makes urmoves cleaner but the spacing looks wierd for whips & fast moves. No 2c-st ive seen is as bright as a 3c either.
Its all personal preferance really.

yessur=D

when did you guys start gloving in public? im not sure when(if:() i should start gloving at kickbacks or wait until i know im good enough

Start now man. Meet other glovers learn new moves from them. Dont be shy. If u put in the effort u'll progress fast.
I went to a massive the day i got my first pair :)

^^^hmm yee ill try my luck at the next kickback.

is that where you guys learn your moves? or do you look online.

or both haha

I got my gf the pipu 2c's didnt know they were called cheshire tho. She loves em.

I learn from other people, youtube and just playing with my hands.
In fact, socal just texted me a new move that I must perfect in the next *checks calendar* two days.

Start now man. Meet other glovers learn new moves from them. Dont be shy. If u put in the effort u'll progress fast.
I went to a massive the day i got my first pair :)

QFT. I made my public debut at a Fail rave in December. I had 4 months of practice, but I got my first real set 2 weeks before the rave. So I wasnt fully used to the set yet but people were enjoying my shows so I was satisfied:)

haha im diggin this threead =D

i think the only moves i can do really well are stacking and rolls -.-

and this one move that i came up with that seems really cool, but i wont know fersher til i get me lights haha

^^^hmm yee ill try my luck at the next kickback.

is that where you guys learn your moves? or do you look online.

or both haha

I learn all my new moves from people at clubs/events etc. If i see one they do that i like i ask em to break it down real slow and from diff angles, nobodys ever denied me.

I learned a real sick on saturday.

Work on finger dexterity and keeping ur fingers spread apart wide well doing rolls.

Just keep messing with your hands until them. It will pay off:)

haha im diggin this threead =D

i think the only moves i can do really well are stacking and rolls -.-

and this one move that i came up with that seems really cool, but i wont know fersher til i get me lights haha

rolls are where its at mayne

yessur=D

when did you guys start gloving in public? im not sure when(if:() i should start gloving at kickbacks or wait until i know im good enough

i sat at home and practiced for a month and a half thinking that gloving at an event was a big, complex deal and i would be judged. I didnt want to bust em out and disappoint or bring down someones experience!

then, one night, i went to an EDM show (sober) that ended at like 1130pm (WTF) so needless to say i didn't get my complete fix (don't get me wrong the artist put on a hell of a show and i had a great time, i just needed more!), popped a half a green bowling ball mint and went on over to an underground/local dubstep crew's bar event and gloved all night. People usually fit into one of these three categories:

1) Someone who is on drugs and has never seen glovers before, which means you'll blow their mind with a move or two or just waving your hands around like a madman (even if you just figure 8 the whole time im sure they'd love your show) after they ask you "what are those"

2) Someone who has seen them before and will ask you for a light show for them and their friends, who is on drugs and will be ALMOST as easy to please as the above, they also sometimes just approach you and sit down without asking while someone else is getting a show.

3) Another glover, who is probably also on drugs, and is going to say "Nice show man, how long have you been gloving?"

If you are terrible and they are more experienced, they aren't going to say "You suck" but they will say "nice show, try this (insert technique) next time"

Ive been gloving since February and feel pretty solid in my routine, and have gloved at about 5 different events and a 3 day festival in that time frame. Everyone is always impressed or at least thankful you're there to heighten their experience.

My advice to you: Practice a few hours each day the week before your first event and just go for it! if you get stage fright, pop a roll :)

Some funny remarks i got from my first time gloving live I'll never forget:

"Are you some sort of wizardguy?
"You're fingers are lighting up, can you wave them around over here please?" (looks at girl with giant blow pop in mouth and her boyfriend drolling down her shoulder, both hoisting Litre bottles of water)
"You're a mime aren't you?"
"What are you doing to me! This is awesomeeee"
"Uhm, i dont know what i can give you that would equal that, want my last lollipop?"
"keep doing that, like, forever"

and one thing that will annoy you: people asking to try your gloves. I always let them but get anxious. One time i was blessed to find that the person i let use my gloves was an actual glover, and had some sick tutting skills (something i'm not the best at yet) to share with me. but yes they will ask, and it will bother you

Hang around near the back of the crowd (people who are on drugs usually don't rage up front) and look for the people who are sitting down with pacifiers and kandi and shit, then just turn your gloves on and wait for the stampede :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.