Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I knew it, always meant to ask you that! Funny I just rewatched it last night, fucking awesome movie!

Fucking oath, one of my favourites too. I used to have several posters of it in my room. Stuck in the Middle With You will never be quite the same ;)

does anyone have any experience/knowledge of cross tolerence between benzos and valerian ?
ive been taking valerian every night to sleep but dont want it to shoot up my tolerence to clonazepam. thanks!

I don't know there isn't cross tolerance but I imagine if there was any it would be minimal, valerian does fuck all where clonazepam is quite a potent benzo. Also clonaz is mainly an anxiolytic and anti convulsant where valerian is a hypnotic.

^ I imagine there would be some cross-tolerance, along the lines of you won't feel anything from Valerian but benzodiazepines are still going to work. I'm don't think there is even a definite mode of action for Valerian; MedScape says it is a GABA re-uptake inhibitor but doesn't have a cite for that and I can't be bothered right now to find one. I'm going to wager though that it doesn't act on benzodiazepine receptors so won't affect those.

^ I imagine there would be some cross-tolerance, along the lines of you won't feel anything from Valerian but benzodiazepines are still going to work. I'm don't think there is even a definite mode of action for Valerian; MedScape says it is a GABA re-uptake inhibitor but doesn't have a cite for that and I can't be bothered right now to find one. I'm going to wager though that it doesn't act on benzodiazepine receptors so won't affect those.

Agreed Mr_B, I would hazzard guess it would have an interfere with the efficicey of GPCR - don't quote me being ont 500+codeine high atm whoever.

The best person to speak with would definitely be Mr Blonde as he seems to be he most knowledegeblae in this area (oh I hope to have your opiate/opioid konwledge MB ;) one )

random question...
i have an EMG/nerve study coming up on my legs...
will taking xanax the previous night have any effect on the EMG results?
i know its not specifically a muscle relaxant and know the half life isn't huge, but dont want to reduce any chance of finding any abnormal results.

pretty new to benzo's, but certainly enjoying the occasional etizolam (1mg) or two during some quiet nights in recently :|

random question...
i have an EMG/nerve study coming up on my legs...
will taking xanax the previous night have any effect on the EMG results?
i know its not specifically a muscle relaxant and know the half life isn't huge, but dont want to reduce any chance of finding any abnormal result

Alprazolam has the least muscle relaxant properties of any benzodiazepine I've used. In fact I'd say based on the lack of effect on my back pain that it has nil muscle relaxant properties. And given that it's half-life is so short, I wouldn't worry too much about it having an effect on the results.

The best person to speak with would definitely be Mr Blonde as he seems to be he most knowledegeblae in this area (oh I hope to have your opiate/opioid konwledge MB one )

Aw shucks ;)

fuck my psychiatrist is stupid.
i told him 1mg xanax isn't enough to get me through a month, so requested 2mg to last a month and a half and he said no cause he's restricted to prescribing 1mg x50 per month.

its pointless for me to have a medication that barely works and when i make it work by having a 2mg dose, i then dont have enough to get me to my next appointment.

i understand his view, but im not asking to have 4x 2mg a day and i dont get any effects from xanax that makes me want to abuse it, i simply have a tolerance (not through abuse) and i dont think 1mg once a day and 2mg at night is a huge dose, i dont really need the daytime dosage but am going through alot of stressful shit right now that is only made worse by anxiety.

i have full faith that i could get off a 3mg a day dose once i have a job and am able to function normally, but if i cant reach that point i'm stuck on 1mg twice a day which does barely anything...

edit - forgot about the alternative he offered which was 2x 5mg diazapam once daily again restricted at 50 per month.
when questioning the potency and ability to help in my current circumstances he said they would be identical other than onset and half life...

Last edited:
ok due to a few too many longnecks of VB and 30mg of diazepam, I can no longer read the text on this site so this is me over n out for the rest of the night/possible long weekend, enjoy therestof your holidfayds bruvass!!

I haven't heard that one before, why is panadol bad the morning after alcohol?

Liver load?

yeah basically the liver load. sorry i read your post as you'd just come to from being knocked out - still drunk - and not the next morning. given all alcohol has gone through it's various stages of metabolism by the time you're taking the paracetemol it wouldn't be too much of a concern.

might be a bit strange, but has anyone used Flunitrazepam as an anxiolytic here?
as i mainly use my xanax to sleep (for which it doesn't work very well) maybe it would be a better option.

i'm curious how it would go as an anxiolytic during the day and a hypnotic at night? maybe even off just the one dose at night?

i'm having a really tough time coping with my leg pains when xanax is the only thing that i'm allowed to be prescribed that takes my mind off it, but my psych almost took it off me when i told him i had to take upto 3-4mg a day to (accross 2-3 doses).

unless they give me pain meds (which they won't do) i can't function very well without a benzo to take the edge off shit.

edit - im also curious how it works as a muscle relaxant, as these (anxiolytic, hypnotic & muscle relaxant) are the properties i'm looking for but cant afford lorazepam.

Last edited:
random question...
Afaik (but I'm not benzo experts :p) Loprazolam has some pretty muscle relaxant properties. I'm not sure if you've tried it but straight diaze I find is a nice muscle relaxant.

I would think you'd find it hard to find flunitraze here in Aus due to the whole date rape bizzo (someone correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Last edited:
yeah i thought that might be the case with flunitraze.

what is the strength of Loprazolam like?
the half life is similar to xanax, so i would be in the same situation in terms of dosage.
i'm pretty much fucked no matter which way i go because it seems doctors dont understand anything i tell them (ie. regarding pain or drug success).

i would consider clonazepam, but i wouldn't be able to get a 2mg dose and as its such a subtle benzo (i found anyway) theres no way i'd get the required effects off 1mg once a day :/

i know benzos aren't a magic pill for long term use, but when everything else has been tried and either done nothing or put me in more pain, its not really fair to offer a medication but then for me to only be in relative comfort occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.