Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow there sure are alot of benzos users here LOL ive stopped using em 2 weeks ago n i dont plan on using em ever again unless i really really need em. There are alternatives which are much better, i quit it cold turkey after few years of abusing it. Tolerance was pretty high too near the end. Now days i just smoek before i go to sleep, its surprisingly better than any benzo i have tried. Just thought id add my 2 cents as i know how terrible it is to WD from them.

fark im so frustrated with benzos at the moment.
i think my GABA system is just a bit up shit creek.
3mg xanax provides only very slightly noticeable anti anxiety effects with no other noticeable effects - it feels as though i've taken .5mg and i have only been on 2mg once daily for around 2 weeks.

can anyone that has used lorazepam and had a similar tolerance to xanax comment on its effectiveness as a hypnotic and anxiolytic?

no way my psych will approve of a standard dose of 4-5mg of xanax twice daily and im not too keen to be on a dose like that anyway.

do i have many options in regards to swapping out other benzos without having to have a silly high dose to achieve any of the effectiveness of the drug after xanax use?

Trying to convince myself it's a great thing I've been trying to avoid the benzos.

It most certainly is a very good thing. I understand how incredibly painful the taper process is and I'm glad to say I'm down to 5mg valium a day now after several years of benzo/alcohol abuse. Keep going man, good on ya :)

do i have many options in regards to swapping out other benzos without having to have a silly high dose to achieve any of the effectiveness of the drug after xanax use?

Some benzodiazepines are more potent in one effect profile then others. I find lorazepam to be a lot less sedating then say diazepam, but it's anxiolytic and muscle relaxant profile is still really good. I'm not sure what the best benzo for anxiety is though... diazepam helped me through anxiety a lot, when I got around to trying alprazolam I had already succesfully recovered from depression and anxiety.

hmm still sounds quite promising, certainly worth a shot before committing to a high xanax dose when its main use is getting me to sleep - 90% of my daytime anxiety is caused by poor or lack of sleep - perfect sleep and i find i dont need any assistance with anxiety.

would be interesting to see if the muscle relaxant and anxiolytic profile of lorazepam works as a better combination for me even if its hypnotic effects aren't strong enough for me; i'm just worried i may have ruined other benzo profiles through gaining such a tolerance to xanax.

fark im so frustrated with benzos at the moment.
i think my GABA system is just a bit up shit creek.
3mg xanax provides only very slightly noticeable anti anxiety effects with no other noticeable effects - it feels as though i've taken .5mg and i have only been on 2mg once daily for around 2 weeks.

can anyone that has used lorazepam and had a similar tolerance to xanax comment on its effectiveness as a hypnotic and anxiolytic?

no way my psych will approve of a standard dose of 4-5mg of xanax twice daily and im not too keen to be on a dose like that anyway.

shit dude. upping your dose to 4-5mg xanax twice daily is going to place you in a world of pain later. when you want to come off that your going to need to taper for ages and it will be painful.

So 2mg won't get you to sleep or won't get you high? if it won't get you to sleep then yeah talk to your psych, but if its not getting you high, then well that might be just tough. as long as it still works for anxiety that is important.

ive only once used to get high and figured if 8mg isnt going to do it nothing will.
i use it to help me sleep as that is the biggest contributing factor to my anxiety.
if i find i cant sleep i go into loop mode where i cant stop thinking about it and end up getting a bit manic after several hours.
there has been few moments where i have needed it during stressful times during the day, but i found once i started getting better sleep (albeit through benzo use) my anxiety is much less other than when trying to sleep.

i like the title of this thread but i been using xanax for a long time now and i never had any issues with blackouts. What's the go with blackouts is it when your overdosing or craving? or mixed with another substance or alcohol?

^ Yep. Taking too much and mixing with other CNS depressants is what leads to it.

Mr Blonde (is that name from Perfect Dark?), I have a question for you.
Or anyone else knowledgeable for that matter.

I'm on a rather lengthy prescription for Alprazolam (Xanax) 1mg and Tramadol SR 150mgs.
I'm on Xanax because I found it's the bezno that works best with me and my doctor is extremely nice about the whole ordeal, even getting authority scripts for several repeats and such.
I have verrrry bad anxiety and panic attacks sometimes; it really does help on certain occasions and I'm careful enough to not build a tolerance to the drug as I've heard the horror stories.
Been on it for like 6 months on and off, and what I would consider some placebo minor anxiety when I stop taking them (one period I was taking 1mg a day for a 2 and 1/2 weeks) and didn't feel anything abnormal when I stopped the medication (I wasn't on any other prescription medication at this time either).
That's just a bit of info to give some idea on my tolerance.

Would you say, if in a completely hypothetical sense, that if my friend was thinking about taking 3 - 4 mgs of Xanax along with 300 mgs of Tramadol SR (crushed, so it's pretty much instant release) would be worth it?
Would it feel nice?
Or just a total waste of time (given Xanax is a calm down type medicine and Tramadol, in his case, sometimes causes him to gain quite a lot of energy and confidence, which the Xanax helps with as well).
He also doesn't drink and is aware of the multiple CNS risks.

Just curious if anyone has ever tried something like this (even with rough benzo equivalent doses of 4mgs of Xanax) with Tramadol.
If so, what was it like?
Worth it?

Cheers.

Edit: And on the subject of blackouts, when some idiot doctor told me I likely have a brain tumor (when it was later discovered I had something called seep paralysis, which is extremely minor, just very scary), I took 3mgs of Xanax because I was in a very bad state and proceeded to forget quite a bit of the day after it.
That's really the only thing I've ever had with it though.
Lucky I don't drink, as I've heard that's terrible for blackouts with Xanax (or any benzo I suppose) and Alcohol.

Last edited:
^ You or your friend is taking the Xanax with the tramadol?

Tramadol does have CNS depressant risks but they are a lot less then with traditional opioids. Without a tolerance, I'd say he'd be more likely to not remember much and blackout. Does he have much of an opioid tolerance? A tolerance to opioids will reduce the CNS depressant effects from the tramadol whilst not reducing effects that are derived from the release of serotonin and norepinephrine.

Ha ha I remember Perfect Dark, I used to play that and Goldeneye all the time when I was a kid. However no, the name is from Reservoir Dogs. :D

Woke up from a benzo/alcohol blackout feeling like shit, took what I thought was panadol and later realised was diazepam. God I feel shit

you shouldn't be taking panadol (apap) while/after you've been drinking;)

i'd make sure to hydrate at the very least and maybe try to continue sleeping it off.

you shouldn't be taking panadol (apap) while/after you've been drinking;)

i'd make sure to hydrate at the very least and maybe try to continue sleeping it off.

I haven't heard that one before, why is panadol bad the morning after alcohol?

^ You or your friend is taking the Xanax with the tramadol?

I said my friend because I wasn't sure if self-incrimination (or if I have to call myself "SWIM") was allowed on these forums, so.... yeah.

I took them, I honestly just slept for a looooooooooooong time (15 hours) and missed an event I didn't want to go to anyway, so I guess that's some benefit lol.
I also woke up feeling very energised, which surprised me a bit.
Can't say I'll be doing that again though.

Thanks for the info.

No, SWIM does not live here! It doesn't helped/fool anyone. :) Welcome to BL 7Nova!

Status
Not open for further replies.