one hit wonders

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
I'm talkin' about those kinda songs that often pop into your head, and you're like, "Oh crap. What was the name of that artist?!". Or the kinda songs that take you back to a place time has forgotten, and you suddenly feel like a kid again. :D

It doesn't necessarily have to be good, or something that you still like. But something that invokes memories of a certain place or time. I'll start us off. :)

Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone
Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
4 Non Blondes - What's Up?
Joan Osborne - One of us

LEN-Steal my sunshine

Was a catchy summer anthem but they never did anything else

fastball- the way
the new radicals- you only get what you give

What do you get when you throw together a talented-yet-disgraced alcoholic, mentally ill, soon-to-be wife-beating sports star and a recording studio?

Gazza - Fog On The Tyne

Funnier if you know who he is, still funny if you don't. Not to mention near-criminal in its atrociousness. Enjoy.

How could I possibly forget: Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Prime Mover ?

This song is on many, many 80s metal compilations, meaning it's also on a few pub jukeboxes. My friends and I play a game where we pick three songs and the fourth one has to be this. Then we see how long it takes for them to turn off the jukebox / throw us out. :D

Years ahead of its time though - parodying hair metal when hair metal was still big. Mark Manning is a genius. This video? Just like an ordinary day in my life...