Closest legal thing to steroids?

steroids

Before you snap at me .the question was "whats the closest thing you can get to steroids, so I answered him... He doesnt want to know about diet or whey protein or creatine.. The honest answere is nothing over the counter will act like legitamite steroids there are some phytosteroids(plant steroids) that are legal. there are also some Designer sterids sold as supplements . some of these have legitamite potential

Dude, I'm not trying to be the next Ronnie Coleman. I'm a student and I'm busy. Just trying to add some muscle for the beach and the clubs in the summer, I'm not looking to cook at all, I'm willing to take scoop after scoop of protien throughout the day, however much can be absorbed.
Lol @ thinking eating right is trying to be the next Ronnie Coleman. Who said anything about professional body building?

What you're willing to do is a retarded method which will not put any muscle or strength on you at all. Any fucking monkey would be willing to do this. None of the people that do it have very much to show off at all. You might not know this, but to put on muscle, you need nutrients, fats, carbs, vitamins, and minerals. Things protein powder will not provide on its own. You don't need to be 5-star chef or anything, don't get me wrong. If you can't fry an 8 oz piece of chicken on a skillet or throw rice into boiling water, then I don't know what to tell you. Pay for a cook or some shit. Sandwiches with whole wheat bread and turkey in the middle are great. You don't even need a stove. Tuna cans have almost 30g of protein in one can along with the whole DV% of Selenium, one of the most important minerals in muscle building.

I don't even understand why you're looking for particular brands. It's all the same fucking bullshit for chrissake. Buy the most expensive thing you can find if it helps you sleep at night. Hell, walk down to GNC and listen to an asshole blab about how good it is if it will help reassure you. Food will ALWAYS give better and quicker gains than supplements. What is so hard to comprehend?
I myself am the samer I can't cook with my job, school and gym sessions + football + hurling... I try to eat a lot of nuts and fruit and other things good and easy to eat on the go, even prepare a lot of chicken one day and eat some then make sandwiches the next day? Weight gain + protein is a must
This is good. If you can't manage big meals, snacks are a must. Nuts and fruits are the best. Protein bars aren't a good thing to be eating all the time. Too much sugar and they tend to give people the shits pretty bad.
Before you snap at me .the question was "whats the closest thing you can get to steroids, so I answered him... He doesnt want to know about diet or whey protein or creatine.. The honest answere is nothing over the counter will act like legitamite steroids there are some phytosteroids(plant steroids) that are legal. there are also some Designer sterids sold as supplements . some of these have legitamite potential
I wasn't snapping at you at all. Superdrol is very close to steroids, albeit a very shitty one.

I second voxides reccomendation about tuna in a tin, very nice to eat, quick to prepare - open tin, get bread and make a sandwich or just drain and dig In :).
Also cheeses are good if you go for the healthier ones.

Keep it freindly lads, were all trying to help each other, that's what this site is about =]

I second everything in this thread. Don't worry about prohormones or steroids until you put a few years of training under your belt. Also, before you you fool around with your endcrine system you need to learn more about it.
You're priorites should be this:
Diet
Routine
Consistency
Recovery
Supplementation

As far as supplementation goes, don't worry about all the magic elixirs on the market. Most of them are sugar water, caffeine and snake oil. All you need is a good multivitamin, joint support, fish oil, a tub of creatine monohydrate and a tub of good whey protein in your favorite flavor. Maybe throw some extra BCAA's and fiber supplementation in there, too. Fiber is good for intestinal motility. You might be lacking in fiber since you're gonna be eating so much protein. There's nothing that feels better than a colon purging stool. lol

When it comes to diet focus on eating whole protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, eat 6-7 smaller meals. You want your body to stay in an anabolic state rather than dipping down into catabolism. Which happens when you get hungry. Also, try to eat 1-2gms. of protein per lb. of body weight daily. Try to get the majority of your calories from whole foods. Don't forget to eat fruits and veggies. They're chock full of vitamins, minerals and fiber.

There's no need for a big crazy routine when you just start out. Stick to a basic 5x5 program centered around flat bench, deadlifts and squats. Also, before trying to go heavy, get your form down. You won't be hitting the target muscles the way you should if you're shaking, wiggling and wobbling all over the place. Check out stronglifts.com for some good, basic info. Like I said, there's no need for a big, retarded workout focusing on 20 different isolations, that takes 2-3 hours to do when you are starting out. You may find a routine that suits your personality better, but 5x5 is a good starting point.

When it comes to recovery, you need to give a muscle group at least 24 hours to recover before you work it again. Hypertrophy comes from "micro-tears" in muscle fibers signalling your body to grow more muscle to handle the extra stress.

O.K., back to using gear and my take on it. There's nothing wrong using it after you have everything above in check, are above the age of 25, know about the side effects and how to minimize them.

Don't fall into the trap that steroids comes first and everything else I've said above comes second. Gear isn't a magic bullet and if you don't know what you are doing you run the risk of gynecomastia, staph infections from improper injection practices, damage your liver and endocrine system. Also, you ain't gonna grow for squat until you have the above locked in. Steroids are the last 5-10% if you do decide to use them.

So, in conclusion, lift heavy and consistent, eat an abundance of clean calories, give yourself recovery time and lift with proper form. Do that for a year and you'll notice your weights moving up quick and your body getting it's swole on.

Off topic but do you guys think getting your bench press from 60-90 repping 8s 4 sets in 11 months is decent progress?

Be honest

Dude, I'm not trying to be the next Ronnie Coleman. I'm a student and I'm busy. Just trying to add some muscle for the beach and the clubs in the summer, I'm not looking to cook at all, I'm willing to take scoop after scoop of protien throughout the day, however much can be absorbed.

Not trying to be a dick but you aren't gonna get totally ripped and swole in a couple months. Weight lifting/bodybuilding takes years of effort. If it didn't, everyone would be shredded up mass monsters.

I wouldn't even screw around with prohormones. Most of them are methylated which makes it hard on your liver. Also, all the decent ones were taking off of the market about two years ago.

Why don't you try P90x? The shit's brutal but if you stick to it, it'll definitely help you lose fat and get better definition before the summer is in full swing.

Sorry, but there isn't any easy way to get the body you want. If you really want it, you're gonna have to put in work, son.

Not trying to be a dick but you aren't gonna get totally ripped and swole in a couple months. Weight lifting/bodybuilding takes years of effort. If it didn't, everyone would be shredded up mass monsters.

I wouldn't even screw around with prohormones. Most of them are methylated which makes it hard on your liver. Also, all the decent ones were taking off of the market about two years ago.

Why don't you try P90x? The shit's brutal but if you stick to it, it'll definitely help you lose fat and get better definition before the summer is in full swing.

Sorry, but there isn't any easy way to get the body you want. If you really want it, you're gonna have to put in work, son.

No fat to burn...I have high metabolism. I eat like a pig and don't put on weight. This isn't important enough to me to put in years of effort nor am I looking for results that would require years of effort. I'm about 6'1, 170 lbs...if I could get to 180 or 185 by early summer I'd be satisfied. I'm ready to max out at every meal and guzzle down 5 scoops of protien shake and creatine everyday for that.

Off topic but do you guys think getting your bench press from 60-90 repping 8s 4 sets in 11 months is decent progress?

Be honest

Is that kgs. or lbs.? I'm assuming kilos. If so, that's great progress. I've been lifting two years and I work out with 225lbs(103kgs., roughly) for 5x5's. I started out lifting 135lbs.(60kgs.). I kind of plateau'd about 6 months back and have been having hell breaking through/ probably due to a lack of recovery time because I work at a physically demanding job and have taken a few long breaks from lifting in the past year. Anyway, that's good progress.

Is that kgs. or lbs.? I'm assuming kilos. If so, that's great progress. I've been lifting two years and I work out with 225lbs(103kgs., roughly) for 5x5's. I started out lifting 135lbs.(60kgs.). I kind of plateau'd about 6 months back and have been having hell breaking through/ probably due to a lack of recovery time because I work at a physically demanding job and have taken a few long breaks from lifting in the past year. Anyway, that's good progress.

Yeah kgs, cheers for your input because I haven't really got anything to compare myself to apart from my friend whose went from 50-80. Is it also true that your highest test levels are around the 23 mark? Because I'm 18 and I don't want to start hitting brick walls and have to resort to steroids before I'm 25

Yeah kgs, cheers for your input because I haven't really got anything to compare myself to apart from my friend whose went from 50-80. Is it also true that your highest test levels are around the 23 mark? Because I'm 18 and I don't want to start hitting brick walls and have to resort to steroids before I'm 25

It depends. Levels generally begin their decline once you're in your 30's. The highest levels at any given age vary from person to person but they are usually the highest during adolescence. Many people have low test at 18. It's not a given rule. If you're that concerned just take a blood test. Whether your levels are normal or not, waiting until your liver and endocrine system is developed is a must.

Yeah that's what I was worrying about voxide, I have always been more developed than other people my age e.g. Growing facial hair early and whatnot. Just hoping I started lifting early enough before my test starts to level out or drop to get the best out of my body...

No fat to burn...I have high metabolism. I eat like a pig and don't put on weight. This isn't important enough to me to put in years of effort nor am I looking for results that would require years of effort. I'm about 6'1, 170 lbs...if I could get to 180 or 185 by early summer I'd be satisfied. I'm ready to max out at every meal and guzzle down 5 scoops of protien shake and creatine everyday for that.

Bottom line is, you're gonna get out of it what you put in. The best mass builders are the heavy compound lifts. Check out stronglifts.com and read the articles. That'll give you a basis for what you need to do. Putting on 10lbs. is nothing putting on 10 quality lbs. is another thing entirely.

Like I said, you need to put in work. There's no magic potion to get you muscle and no easy way around it. Now, go do work, son!

Yeah that's what I was worrying about voxide, I have always been more developed than other people my age e.g. Growing facial hair early and whatnot. Just hoping I started lifting early enough before my test starts to level out or drop to get the best out of my body...

To be honest it really has no impact. Yeah, you aren't going to gain mass without natural Test, of course, but it's not like you're missing out or losing an advantage if you don't train when your levels are the highest.

18 year olds who have been lifting for 4 years don't compare to 24 year olds who have been doing the same. Test's effects on muscle building are more noticeable after the initial spike and level out.

You shouldn't be worried about any of that shit in the early stages. Focus on nutrients. Everything will be fine. You're still young and your test levels are still most likely at their highest, unless you're partaking in activities which would ultimately lower them.

Last edited:
Ohh that's good then nothing to worry about :) let's just hope I don't get injured now, I can't imagine how shit I would feel if I got a bad injury and had to start again, my freind had his max to 110kg bench then fractured his patella in a hurling accident now he's at 70...

What's a product I can buy at a supplement store that will get me close to steroids? Willing to try any combo, I'm working with Mass Gainer concotion a bunch of protiens and amino acids and NOxplode. Recommend me some ish.

I don't believe there is a product you can buy that's going to be anywhere close to steroids.

The best you can do is to eat right, exercise, and repeat.

There still are some good designer steroids like Dymethazine,Superdrol clones,Halodrol, Mega Plexx,etc. Dymethazine is actually a very good drug from Italy and brings gains close to D-bol without the bloat. A cycle of Test and about 45mg of Dymethazine is a great way to kick off Spring!!
Before people chime in with their "pro hormones suck" and "nothing OTC works",please stop typing. So many people get so hot tempered in these threads!! Jeezz...SOME pro hormones do work and some are a total waste of $$ and time. Just use the search button!! Some are harsh on the liver,so take the right precautions and be safe.
I know what I'm talking about because I have over 20 yrs in the game. I majored in Exers Phys. and have trained many national level athletes...I also did quite abit of prison time because I was a fairly high level steroid distributor in the late 90s/early00....got ratted on and did my time,unlike many people who will wear a wire on their Mother to do no jail time...came out and opened a successful nutrition shop which I run ea day...so I do know my shit LOL...
People just need to educate themselves and learn the science behind muscle gain/fat loss...just my .02....

JJ

I agree with you, JJ. This kid doesn't want to put in work, though. He just wants a magic pill to gobble that'll make him swole in 3 months. I laid down the basics to him and he didn't want to hear it.