Skrillex? What do you guys think?

Just to let you know he was the lead singer in a band called From First To Last (I was 14 once) Which I listen to now and want to jab my ears with an ice pick. I think he changed to do his electronic thing because he failed at trying to be a heart throb emo kid and wanted to try to be 'more in tune with himself' come to find that he fails at trying to do anything musical. just sayin.

Someone lit rusko's house on fire and he even managed to save the stuff he was working on...I feel nothing for him.

Skrillex is shit, he like the majority of other dubstep artists out there ruin the genre with their commercial crap that is simple to make. Download any electronic music creator, e.g. Fruityloops, follow a tutorial and see how easy it is to replicate his music.
But for some reason in this insane world, he will make more money than those who produce good music.

first dmt breakthrough was to scary monsters and nnice spirits... i trippped for 2 days and cried for the whole time

s'alright. I like how it's kinda like electro-influenced dubstep and vice versa. But it gets a little repetitive after awhile if you know what I mean

Dub =/= Dubstep

Dub =/= Dubstep.

My blood fucking boils when I see people saying this.

in EDM terms, DUB has always been stuff like bluetech and shpongle for the more meanstream names in the area. Psybient/PsyDub/Dub-bient ;)

Skrillex is utter shit. Hate him. He sucks. Like someone said before, Skrillex is the top 40 of dubstep, which is just as shitty as regular top 40.

If you like the music, explore it. you will find that these artists are terrible.

People are laughing.

As my homeboy puts it, 'this guy is raping dubstep.' Not that this adds anything to the discussion but some statements are just elegant in their efficiency.

Dub =/= Dubstep.

My blood fucking boils when I see people saying this.

in EDM terms, DUB has always been stuff like bluetech and shpongle for the more meanstream names in the area. Psybient/PsyDub/Dub-bient ;)

Skrillex is utter shit. Hate him. He sucks. Like someone said before, Skrillex is the top 40 of dubstep, which is just as shitty as regular top 40.

If you like the music, explore it. you will find that these artists are terrible.

People are laughing.

"DUB HEADZ"

get with it...8)

if i want crappy music to rave and skank out to ill go the hardstyle route

but ill always bee a dubhead at heart

Skrillex is my favorite artist, I think the dude has extreme talent, I fall in love with almost all of his tracks. However, I would agree with the other posters that he does lack skill in live performances, his djing is without a doubt quite bad.

Sonny should have stayed in FFTL. Skrillex is good, but has become the "main stream" dubstep and dubstep shouldnt go "main stream" but he said in an interview he put up an album online and people were already calling him a sell out. His music is a little generic.. i mean if you hear him you know who it is, but i feel like too many people think that skrillex is dubstep and thats it. skrillex is more like.. glitchstep lol

What do I think?

...throroughly forgettable. His stuff is derivative at best.

technicaly :good

personal opinion : wannabe rock star emo fag using random low quality high pitched synths

but I must say some sound are very good,most are random crap,not ordinery crap but hi pitched crap.thats worst type of crap from all craps but thats just becose I think dubstep should be low and heavy

Fell in love with his remixes and some of his stuff. Saw him live about 4 times? He does not put on the BEST show but it's good, like his set this year at Ultra. But he's extremely talented and think he's doing way better (careerwise) than in FFTL.

meh...i think of him like Deadmau5 (and not just because skrillex is his protoge, although i think it is related) in that he has one or two good tracks, is technically proficient at producing, but all his songs sound kinda the same, and they all sound kinda like every other track out there. Additionally, he is a giant douche who cant actually DJ and relys on beat matching software, and he only puts on a good show 1/3 to 1/2 the time.