• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best instant release pain medication?

Well I called my doctor today and asked him how much he knew about Levorphanol. Considering his knowledge of medications (he looks them up on an app on his iphone..heh, well he is an "intern" being apprenticed by full MD. Anyway, he said that he would talk to his master and call me back. Well he did call me back and said that he was willing to see me and we could talk about it, he wasn't against prescribing it to me but had to ask me a few questions first. So maybe this one will be the ticket.

My back was killing me so bad today that I took a 600 mgs of Lyrica, 60 Mgs of Oxycontin, and and about 30mgs of Oxy IR through out the day. I was high as a kite and still felt like I had a spike stuck in my back. I can't keep pumping myself full of these drugs at this level. I am going to build a tolerance to the Lyric really fast at that dose and I can't go floating around on massive doses of Opiates, when I take that much I feel like I want to puke my guts out most of the day.

Is Levorphanol some kind of super opiate or something. I have looked it up on the net but they don't really give many details about it besides side effects, addiction, blah blah blah. You guys know better than the websites out there.

That is alot of meds to take in 1 day & you could still feel the "spike stuck" in your back.

I can only tell you from my experience with Levorphanol. I went in for out patient surgery & was given Levorphanol. For the surgery I had, I was surprised how well Levorphanol worked & I was able to walk out after 30 minutes after the surgery & the pain med lasted about 8 hours after it was given to me. I can only imagine how great of a narcotic Levorphanol is w/o severe pain. Imo, Levorphanol beats Oxycodone hands down by far & many other opiates.

K'D Out received 100 Levorphanol pills in a bottle before & said he loved them. He also mentioned in this thread you should ask you doctor about switching from Oxy to Levorphanol just like I recommended.

Levorphanol has a long half life which is something you will really appreciate since you have chronic pain.

Levorphanol is the isomer of dextrorphan which is the metabolite of dextromethorphan. levomethorphan is the isomer of dextromethorphan. Levorphanol is allegedly slightly stronger than dilaudid and can last up to 14 hours and usually no less than 8 (whereas hydromorphone is a very short lived high).

Levorphanol is in the same class of drugs (opioids) as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine. However, unlike morphine, which is a naturally-occuring opiate, and oxycodone and hydrocodone, which are semi-synthetic opioids, levorphanol is a fully-synthetic opioid. Morphine is found in the opium poppy, while oxycodone and hydrocodone are produced from thebaine -- an alkaloid found in the opium poppy. Levorphanol is produced without using naturally-occurring opium alkaloids.

Some people respond better to synthetic opioids like levorphanol, and obtain better pain relief with less side effects. However, other people respond better to natural opiates or semi-synthetic opioids. It really is a matter of trial and error when it comes to finding the right medication and dosage for a specific person.

(the above was copied from another site)

Levorphanol is in the same class of drugs (opioids) as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine. However, unlike morphine, which is a naturally-occuring opiate, and oxycodone and hydrocodone, which are semi-synthetic opioids, levorphanol is a fully-synthetic opioid. Morphine is found in the opium poppy, while oxycodone and hydrocodone are produced from thebaine -- an alkaloid found in the opium poppy. Levorphanol is produced without using naturally-occurring opium alkaloids.

What do you mean levorphanol is in the same class of drugs as oxycodone, hydrocodone and morphine? Do you just mean that it's an 'opioid' in general like they are, or do you mean they have some special familial relation?

What the hell is wrong with Supeudol (Generic Oxy-IR in Canada). It's cheap, covered and works EXTREMELY well. Oxycodone is 1.5x strength of morphine. I also don't thinkl Levorphanol is the right choice for you. Its not a breakthrough medication. You are lucky as hell as it is to have a doctor willing to write you OXY-IR. And you are complaining about this?

Levorphanol IS a breakthrough pain medication. It has high oral BA and comes in 4 mg tablets (I'm not sure if they also come in 2 mg tabs). The brand name is Levo-Dromoran. It has high affinity to the μ opioid receptor and has typical morphine-like effects. It's similar to methadone, but obviously much quicker acting and more euphoric/recreational.

Levorphanol IS a breakthrough pain medication. It has high oral BA and comes in 4 mg tablets (I'm not sure if they also come in 2 mg tabs). The brand name is Levo-Dromoran. It has high affinity to the μ opioid receptor and has typical morphine-like effects. It's similar to methadone, but obviously much quicker acting and more euphoric/recreational.

Typical morphine type effects? Morphine has an Oral B/A of 30% and is a horrible breakthrough medication unless you can get MSIR 30mg (Morphine sulphate pentahydrate) The B/A of MSIR here is around 50-60% with the Morphine sulphate pentahydrate. Not regular Morphine.

Levorphanol IS not a breakthrough medication if it has a long half life. Thats like saying Methadone and Suboxone are breakthrough meds.

I'm not sure where you are getting your crazy info from, but wikipedia isn't exactly the best source.

Typical morphine type effects? Morphine has an Oral B/A of 30% and is a horrible breakthrough medication unless you can get MSIR 30mg (Morphine sulphate pentahydrate) The B/A of MSIR here is around 50-60% with the Morphine sulphate pentahydrate. Not regular Morphine.

Levorphanol IS not a breakthrough medication if it has a long half life. Thats like saying Methadone and Suboxone are breakthrough meds.

I'm not sure where you are getting your crazy info from, but wikipedia isn't exactly the best source.

Whatever you say dude, I'm not going to argue with you. It's obvious you know very little difference between methadone and levorphanol.

if this guy is saying lyrica is working wonders - indicating he has a neuropathic condition - why are you guys so diehard on recommended somatic pain relievers like oxy/roxi, fent, hydrocodone, IR oxys, etc....

this is harm increasment. if lyrica is working, stay with lyrica. if you want to acquire a life destroying addiction, then yeah, start shooting roxis. crazy with you people.

Well I called my doctor today and asked him how much he knew about Levorphanol. Considering his knowledge of medications (he looks them up on an app on his iphone..heh, well he is an "intern" being apprenticed by full MD. Anyway, he said that he would talk to his master and call me back. Well he did call me back and said that he was willing to see me and we could talk about it, he wasn't against prescribing it to me but had to ask me a few questions first. So maybe this one will be the ticket.

My back was killing me so bad today that I took a 600 mgs of Lyrica, 60 Mgs of Oxycontin, and and about 30mgs of Oxy IR through out the day. I was high as a kite and still felt like I had a spike stuck in my back. I can't keep pumping myself full of these drugs at this level. I am going to build a tolerance to the Lyric really fast at that dose and I can't go floating around on massive doses of Opiates, when I take that much I feel like I want to puke my guts out most of the day.

Is Levorphanol some kind of super opiate or something. I have looked it up on the net but they don't really give many details about it besides side effects, addiction, blah blah blah. You guys know better than the websites out there.

Yeah, be careful with the Lyrica, tolerance grows real quick, quicker than opiates and you always want to start upping your dose slowly. Don't just go from 300mg to 600mg or something like that and don't up your dose until you feel completely necessary. Lyrica is a better choice over opiates, as it isn't addicting as opiates. Lyrica still is addicting so watch out.

Long term use can bring out some pretty moderate withdrawals but mostly psychological like really bad anxiety and depression. Not that it doesn't have physical withdrawals, but not nearly to the extent of opiates. So be careful, I'd lower your dose down to 450mg until you really feel the need to go up to 600mg. Remember, the magic will go away after a couple months and you'll no longer feel those wonderful effects you get. So take breaks when you can.

Try before you judge.

I'm in Florida and oxymorphone are common but not as hydromorphone is but if oxymorphone is done iv and done right the rush is a lot better than hydromorphone however hydromorphone are everywhere here and they have a great rush but not quite as good as oxymorphone especially if you get the ones you can crush