• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

European OTC Meds: MEGATHREAD

Is DXM available OTC any more in the UK?
Yes, it's a P medication though, so it's kept behind the counter and you have to ask for it. Benylin dry cough has 7.5mg DXM per 5mL. They say it's peach flavoured, however it tastes and has the texture of a peach half way putrefied. I managed to choke it down twice, with the 2nd time being extremely horrible since I had been previously exposed to its vileness and had been greatly sensitized to it. It coats your mouth and throat, so you smell and taste it for ages afterwards and it sits in your stomach like a slug of lead for some time. Every time you burp the taste and smell comes back even stronger than before. I remember retching a lot and now can barely even think about it without being reminded of how nasty it was. The 1st trip was OK and the 2nd I smoked a joint, which quelled the nausea and amplified the effects significantly, so be aware if you decide to mix it with anything

Yes, it's a P medication though, so it's kept behind the counter and you have to ask for it. Benylin dry cough has 7.5mg DXM per 5mL. They say it's peach flavoured, however it tastes and has the texture of a peach half way putrefied. I managed to choke it down twice, with the 2nd time being extremely horrible since I had been previously exposed to its vileness and had been greatly sensitized to it. It coats your mouth and throat, so you smell and taste it for ages afterwards and it sits in your stomach like a slug of lead for some time. Every time you burp the taste and smell comes back even stronger than before. I remember retching a lot and now can barely even think about it without being reminded of how nasty it was. The 1st trip was OK and the 2nd I smoked a joint, which quelled the nausea and amplified the effects significantly, so be aware if you decide to mix it with anything

mmm doesn't sound very appetizing. I hear that in the USA you can get pure DXM capsules without needing to chug lots of vile cough syrup. Probably not possible here after the PS bill ban

It's not something I'd really considered since I don't think I would like dissociatives, but I've heard some people say it gives them great euphoria

Dextromethorphan is one of those compounds that are actually called, by Pharmacologists themselves, as a "Dirty Drug" (Ethanol is another example), because it hits so so so so many receptors instead of being focused on one or two. So it's not specifically directed, compared to say Citalopram and other such Antideps, which ends up selecting specific Serotonin receptors (hence SSRI).

"Adult Dry Cough Syrup" and getting some Loratadine (or Diphenhydramine / Promethazine if you want to go oldskool & with more sedatory effects) will help with the itchy nature of the DXM. That's my experience from the past anyway.

Dextromethorphan is one of those compounds that are actually called, by Pharmacologists themselves, as a "Dirty Drug" (Ethanol is another example), because it hits so so so so many receptors instead of being focused on one or two. So it's not specifically directed, compared to say Citalopram and other such Antideps, which ends up selecting specific Serotonin receptors (hence SSRI).

"Adult Dry Cough Syrup" and getting some Loratadine (or Diphenhydramine / Promethazine if you want to go oldskool & with more sedatory effects) will help with the itchy nature of the DXM. That's my experience from the past anyway.

and what kind of effects did you experience? Euphoria and/or dissociation?

and what kind of effects did you experience? Euphoria and/or dissociation?
Being that I had 400mg in 2 separate doses (harm reduction & all that :)), I didn't have a huge dose but it was nice:
  • Slight increase of mood
  • Fuzzy, warm Opiate-esque feeling
  • Faint geometric open eye visuals
  • Disassociate feelings (more similar to Ketamine than to it's analogue Methoxetamine, which I found nice)
  • Sedation
  • Touching the fabric of my duvet (I got all snuggly ?) and other things felt softer and.... hard to explain... it's like my sensation of touch was slightly dulled but, because of that, that's the reason why they felt softer.... it was interesting.
I might try a higher dose some day, but it's not one of those substances that kicks my "MUST HAVE MORE!!!!" button.
Anyhoo, I hope that helps you in some form.

KEEP SAFE AND JUST TAKE A TINY BIT FIRST! You never know if you will be if you've never had it before. And definitely get some Antihistamines! ?