Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cyc

Bluelighter
Based on the epic fantasy series by George R. R. Martin. See the sneak preview.

I teared up like a little girl when I saw this. These novels are pretty much the end-all-be-all of fantasy series. When I heard it was coming to HBO, it just made sense. No other network could do a story of this scale, and this level of darkness, justice.

I can actually thank a fellow BL'er and dear friend for sending these books to me the mail several years ago. It's too bad she doesn't post here anymore. :(

Any other kindred spirits out there?

FUCK YES WINTER IS COMING THIS SUMMER BOOK 5 MOTHERFUCKERS.

Escher's Waterfall got me into them shits, he sent them to me in the mail as well. I can't stop. I love Daenerys and Jon Snow. and Anya. and incest twins Jamie and Cersei <3

I'm being praised in other forums. :)

Can't wait to see this. The production values look good. Trailers & other information are on youtube, btw.

Also, A Dance With Dragons is due in July of this year. :)

Hearing about this actually prompted me to start reading the books. I'm halfway through the second now :) I'd like to see how this pans out. Surely it'd be hard to squeeze even a single book into a series?

Kenickie said:
I love Daenerys and Jon Snow. and Anya

Hell yeh! The most interesting characters by far in my opinion.

I watched the video linked in the first post.
This looks good.
How come I've never heard of these books!??!
Keni, you will have to tell me about them.

Should I read some of them before I watch the show?
Says it starts in April- HBO series are usually very good.
I will be watching :)

Ok I'm pumped now. I love HBO and fantasy(to an extent) so I watched the preview. This should be a huge show!

Yeh I'm glad HBO have taken it on.

Terry Goodkinds Sword of truth series was butchered as a mini series called legend of the seeker.

I just ordered the books so I can read them before I start watching the series. Pretty excited about reading them because the show looks really good :)

Okay so "Winter is Coming" is the next book??? And the dragon book is following that?

I have all of the current books ( I THINK) on Hold through my library- Unfortunately the first book I am 12th on the list- So I will likely get ALL of the other books before the first!!
I may have to go to bookstores to buy the first one so I can read them in order.

My mother seems to be REALLLLLY excited about this :D
I played her the video and she was like" OMMMGGGG! Are there dragons!?!?";)
She's cute.

Okay so "Winter is Coming" is the next book??? And the dragon book is following that?

no, 'winter is coming' is just the...motto? of the Stark family, one of the major Houses in the book. it means "shits gonna hit the fan" or "we're fucked", the like.

book five is a dance with dragons.

^Okay :)
Thanks! That explains why I wasn't finding it! hahaha

I am interested to see it, but I wish George R. R. Martin had spent more time, you know, finishing the series than working on an HBO mini-series. He is slowly succumbing to Robert Jordan disease - the last book was basically 1,000 pages of unreadable garbage. What is going to happen when the mini-series catches up to the books? At this rate, it will take at least another decade for him to wrap things up.

i would assume it would take at least another 5 years for the mini series to even get close, by then this series will surely be over.

heres for Daenerys or Jon Snow as the person who sits on the iron throne.

So, we bought the first book.
We couldn't wait for the library-
I will be starting it tonight.

Comcast had all these little catch ups on the main characters and my mother and I watched them.
She's thrilled and can not wait.
(For those of you who don't know, my mom is like a 25 yr old.....she's more friend than mama:))
Anyway- We're excited.

im on " a feast for crows" right now! i cant wait to see what HBO does with this, esp the parts with Daenerys, those scenes will involve among other things, dragons, crazy looking cities and crazier looking people! I think its either going to be TOTALLY AWESOME or a TOTAL BOMB.
My fav character is Tyrion and the guy thats playing him (i think his name is david dinkledge or something-was in the station agent) is a great actor...im really geeking out on this and no one i know reads/or has heard of these books...sooooo good! Must read

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fRZJpX4AdAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They released a preview of the first 14 minutes of the first episode, and it looks amazing :D Can't wait.