Greenlighter

Welcome to the Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread

qyv2au.jpg

[You can find the previous thread here]

Subthreads:

[original post:]

is a fat extraction needed?

Last edited by a moderator:
but don't expect to get an exceptionally clean product after the first few extractions.
it takes a few tries to get a good technique.

all it takes to get clean crystals is a recrystallization after your combined pulls.

I have found that recrystallization usually consumes a hefty amount of your product.
Of course you should value a clean product and thus your health above a high yield, but a lil' warning in advance might be nice.

BTW, does anyone have experience with seeding the crystallization process? :)

STB alll the way

A/B is jsut 2 much headfuck

why do it that way when u can get twice your yeild with simple tek

at mo i can get err 2.5g outta 200g bark (decent bark that is 2% alk)

Ohh and also alotta ppl say ''ohhh re-x is soo important for your final product''

but i never done it ansd if u do the tek right, be clean effecient you will get nice white dmt and wont need to re-x, why u dont even need iron lungs ot smoke it IMO

Mimosa Hostilis Leaf Extract

I don't know if anyone else has tried to order MHRB in the UK recently but apparently customs have seized a lot from the major suppliers (nazis), causing a huge back log. Most are behind by 4-6 weeks.

One vendor has offered mimosa hostilis leaf extract instead, which apparently has been standardized to contain the same amount of alkaloids as the bark. Does anyone know if a straight to base extraction can be used for leaf extract? it says its a 10:1 ratio which sounds ridiculous to me?!?

anyone had any experience with this?
Cheers guys

10:1 might be 10x extract, if leaf is normally 10 times as weak in DMT content as the root bark then a 10x extract would yield the same as it.

But, in leaf I guess you can expect significantly more plant oils.

Watch out not to cross the vendor discussion line ;) just a friendly heads up.

Thanks alot. This is my first extraction so think ill just wait for the bark and the easier extraction. Havnt got too much faith in my high school chemistry

got amazing clear white crystals on my first extraction. a very simple extraction method was used

the best tek for extractions IMO is this...

add a chunk of lye to some water, add bark to the water, stir, add naptha, shake, settle, syphone naptha, freeze, filter /dry , smoke

But if you havent extracted before, maybe you should use any simple STB tek just to assist in your confidence ... I promise after 2 or 3 extractions you will not need to measure anymore (unless you start getting into more advanced extractions for the fun of it or to end up with a salt of DMT rather than FB, but for all intents and purposes, the simple STB with lye and naptha is easy and practical, anything else in all honesty is over kill

Given that MHRB is apparently not available in the UK, it's time for some of us to look at other options. Anyone got experience with Acacia confusa? STB viable, or is the full A/B with defat necessary? Yields? Quality of product (high in NMT apparently, so product is going to be less potent than that from MHRB extractions I imagine)? Qualitative effects? If you know, please share.

Is DMT isopropanol soluble? I was thinking of making changa by boiling MHRB in isopropanol and evapping the ipropanol on a carrier smoking mix. Would that work? And "just do the STB tek" is not an answer to my question.

I would recommend against doing that because you're going to pull a lot more than just DMT. I don't know what salt form the DMT is in the plant so I'm not sure the appropriate solvent to use.

Just a warning, mason jars will crack when heated up repeatedly even if this is done slowly.

^ Yeah, I know it will pull other stuff, that's kinda the point with changa, its much more than pure dmt. The question is, will the dmt dissolve in isopropanol and be brought over or will it stay with the solid MHRB.

^ Yeah, I know it will pull other stuff, that's kinda the point with changa, its much more than pure dmt. The question is, will the dmt dissolve in isopropanol and be brought over or will it stay with the solid MHRB.

I feel like your best off heading over to the DMT nexus for that question.

As far as I know the point of changa is that it's smoked with on an herb with a MAOI for easier use and more bang for your buck. While you might pull other actives with the IPA I would be more worried about pulling tannins resulting in harsh smoke.

EDIT: Just checked DMT Nexus, DMT fb is soluble in IPA, DMT Fumarate is not at room temp.
http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Psychedelic_Alkaloids_Chemical_and_Physical_Properties#Freebase_DMT

^sounds interesting, may want to try this with the full mhrb extract and perhaps passion flower as the substrate, sprinkle some harmaline or hamala on it too for a little extra effort.