• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

I see it's a lot easier to get MHRB again...will still be getting it from *no vendor/source discussion please* Share the spice kindly and warmly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No vendor discussion, roughjack.

Nice product whippa craka! Looks like a good first extraction. Next time I would skip the ammonia wash though as it may have eaten up some of your product. In the future try to shoot for a 1-2% yield to get the most out of your bark.

Yeah, 350 mg from 112 g of bark isn't the best yield. You should be able to get 1% from decent bark. Skip the ammonia wash next time. Also, don't rush the thing, there's no need to get it done inside 24 hours. If I were you, I'd maybe stick a bit more base and solvent in, leave it for a bit and do another pull.

I used to like to get it done quick.

Now, if i was gonna do it, I'd do the first pull nice and fast, a second one give about 12 hours, then do up to another 3 pulls over the next 10 days, 2 weeks or so...

Reheating the base and using hot solvent each time helps pull more...

And I've just got hold of an UBERsolvent that I use for a final final pull that mops up everything left :)

But for some reason, I STILL don't like throwing the solution away at the end, always feels like there could be a tiny bit left ;), but sometimes, you have to calll time on yourself.

My first few attempts I used to manage about 1% yield, now can get about 1.5%....

you just finetune as you go, and you'll see improvements.....

I agree with Vader, one day doesn't seem like long enough. I have left MHRB to soak in strong base for weeks and gotten some fantastic pulls. If you haven't disposed of your bark solution yet I would save it to see if you could squeeze anything else out of it.

My shortage was definitely due to quick pulls (~1hr each), and not mixing the solutions long enough (3-4 min at most). The ammonia wash did not get rid of anything however. That product looked the same straight out of the naphtha. I'll call it beginners luck?

Have you still got the MHRB/NaOH mixture? You can do another, longer pull, then see whether it's worth continuing.

My shortage was definitely due to quick pulls (~1hr each), and not mixing the solutions long enough (3-4 min at most). The ammonia wash did not get rid of anything however. That product looked the same straight out of the naphtha. I'll call it beginners luck?

3-4 mins mixing is plenty...way more than I do, it's the number of mixes that's more important than the duration of each mix.

my 4th pull, maybe even fifth if it's still pulling, will be in a warm place for easily 5-7days....I'll grab the flask and invert and swirl well at least 4 times a day over that period....pull that, and THEN , I'll call it a day.

>>>>>>>>Oh, and the final pull I'll evaporate rather than freeze precipitate

Unfortunately I do not. I did 4 total, the 4th I heated up the solvent pretty good. I was about done with the extraction I had been up 24+ hours lol.

LMAO.

freq_bought.png

I was recrystallizing and cleaning about 3 grams of DMT with activated charcoal in a hot water bath and the glass container cracked. The naptha and DMT mixture is now in about 3 liters of water. Is there a way to recover this? I plan on letting it evaporate. Can the water be boiled to speed this process up, or will that vaporize the DMT? Any other options?

Wow, I am a experienced dude, but I stick to the md part of the site. I am glad you have put this tek up, I have done alot of this easy chemistry. (gbl to ghb etc..) I will be doing this soon. I struggled with dmt's effects on me. I want to explore the effects more. Thanks, this has renewed passions inside me.

put it in a tall narrow vessel and decant

or sep funnel

There was only about 40ml of naptha, so it assimilated into the 3 liters of water pretty well, and it is no longer visible. Will a tall vessel increase its visibility? Any other ways to find the naptha hidden in the water?

It shouldn't mix with the water. The mixture won't reach a boiling point above that of water, so you don't have to worry about the DMT vaporising. You're not going to find a vessel tall and narrow enough that you can fit 3 litres of water and have the naphtha as a visible layer. I'd just chuck more naphtha in, do a pull on it like you would with an extraction (if you still have it, I know it's a bit late).

I'm thinking that for my next extraction, I'm going to do xylene pulls from STB, salt out with HCl(aq), basify again with NaOH and then extract the freebase with xylene and evaporate. I'm hoping this will give me a good yield, clean product and nice crystals with minimal hassle. Thoughts?

What do you all do with your used solvent? I usually evaporate mine after the last pull to get any goodies, but if I do the method described above, I'll be left with solvent and it won't be worth doing an evaporation given that there'll be a tiny amount of DMT and loads of oily gunk. What's the most responsible way to dispose of the waste?

I'm thinking that for my next extraction, I'm going to do xylene pulls from STB, salt out with HCl(aq), basify again with NaOH and then extract the freebase with xylene and evaporate. I'm hoping this will give me a good yield, clean product and nice crystals with minimal hassle. Thoughts?

do the first couple of pulls with a more selective solvent like naphtha, or better yer heptane/hexane, and follow up with a pull or two with xylol or toluene

the results of the first pulls will look much nicer, and you will get the best possible yield

your double extraction seems like alot more work than basic recrystallization
--but if you go that route, use bestine/hexane type np for the second pull

if you need advice on re/crystallization, let me know