Bluelight

Thread: The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull 
    Bluelight
    Last edited by Solipsis; 04-02-2017 at 05:11.

2. Collapse Details

Nope, you can get very pure results with a simple STB. I recommend Noman's tek.

3. Collapse Details

but don't expect to get an exceptionally clean product after the first few extractions.
    it takes a few tries to get a good technique.

4. Collapse Details

all it takes to get clean crystals is a recrystallization after your combined pulls.

5. Collapse Details

I have found that recrystallization usually consumes a hefty amount of your product.
    Of course you should value a clean product and thus your health above a high yield, but a lil' warning in advance might be nice.

BTW, does anyone have experience with seeding the crystallization process?

6. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    check this thread - or get it merged -

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=445476

7. Collapse Details

STB alll the way

A/B is jsut 2 much headfuck

why do it that way when u can get twice your yeild with simple tek

at mo i can get err 2.5g outta 200g bark (decent bark that is 2% alk)

8. Collapse Details

Ohh and also alotta ppl say ''ohhh re-x is soo important for your final product''

but i never done it ansd if u do the tek right, be clean effecient you will get nice white dmt and wont need to re-x, why u dont even need iron lungs ot smoke it IMO

9. Collapse Details
    Mimosa Hostilis Leaf Extract 
    I don't know if anyone else has tried to order MHRB in the UK recently but apparently customs have seized a lot from the major suppliers (nazis), causing a huge back log. Most are behind by 4-6 weeks.

One vendor has offered mimosa hostilis leaf extract instead, which apparently has been standardized to contain the same amount of alkaloids as the bark. Does anyone know if a straight to base extraction can be used for leaf extract? it says its a 10:1 ratio which sounds ridiculous to me?!?

anyone had any experience with this?
    Cheers guys

10. Collapse Details

10:1 might be 10x extract, if leaf is normally 10 times as weak in DMT content as the root bark then a 10x extract would yield the same as it.

But, in leaf I guess you can expect significantly more plant oils.

Watch out not to cross the vendor discussion line just a friendly heads up.

11. Collapse Details

Thanks alot. This is my first extraction so think ill just wait for the bark and the easier extraction. Havnt got too much faith in my high school chemistry

12. Collapse Details

got amazing clear white crystals on my first extraction. a very simple extraction method was used

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ColtDan View Post
    got amazing clear white crystals on my first extraction. a very simple extraction method was used

Which tek did you use?

14. Collapse Details

the best tek for extractions IMO is this...

add a chunk of lye to some water, add bark to the water, stir, add naptha, shake, settle, syphone naptha, freeze, filter /dry , smoke

But if you havent extracted before, maybe you should use any simple STB tek just to assist in your confidence ... I promise after 2 or 3 extractions you will not need to measure anymore (unless you start getting into more advanced extractions for the fun of it or to end up with a salt of DMT rather than FB, but for all intents and purposes, the simple STB with lye and naptha is easy and practical, anything else in all honesty is over kill

15. Collapse Details

Given that MHRB is apparently not available in the UK, it's time for some of us to look at other options. Anyone got experience with Acacia confusa? STB viable, or is the full A/B with defat necessary? Yields? Quality of product (high in NMT apparently, so product is going to be less potent than that from MHRB extractions I imagine)? Qualitative effects? If you know, please share.

16. Collapse Details

Is DMT isopropanol soluble? I was thinking of making changa by boiling MHRB in isopropanol and evapping the ipropanol on a carrier smoking mix. Would that work? And "just do the STB tek" is not an answer to my question.

17. Collapse Details

I would recommend against doing that because you're going to pull a lot more than just DMT. I don't know what salt form the DMT is in the plant so I'm not sure the appropriate solvent to use.

Just a warning, mason jars will crack when heated up repeatedly even if this is done slowly.

18. Collapse Details

^ Yeah, I know it will pull other stuff, that's kinda the point with changa, its much more than pure dmt. The question is, will the dmt dissolve in isopropanol and be brought over or will it stay with the solid MHRB.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by yucatanboy2 View Post
    ^ Yeah, I know it will pull other stuff, that's kinda the point with changa, its much more than pure dmt. The question is, will the dmt dissolve in isopropanol and be brought over or will it stay with the solid MHRB.
    I feel like your best off heading over to the DMT nexus for that question.

As far as I know the point of changa is that it's smoked with on an herb with a MAOI for easier use and more bang for your buck. While you might pull other actives with the IPA I would be more worried about pulling tannins resulting in harsh smoke.

EDIT: Just checked DMT Nexus, DMT fb is soluble in IPA, DMT Fumarate is not at room temp.
    http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Psychedelic...s#Freebase_DMT

20. Collapse Details

^sounds interesting, may want to try this with the full mhrb extract and perhaps passion flower as the substrate, sprinkle some harmaline or hamala on it too for a little extra effort.

21. Collapse Details

I made my changa with extracted DMT and spearmint infused with a 10x B. Caapi extract. It worked alright but I made the mistake of using naptha instead of IPA or acetone as the solvent.

22. Collapse Details

On freeze precipitating there is a good layer of whit snowflake crystal round the inside of the beaker, then the solvent is poured off, leaving the snowflakes , with a tiny drop of solvent stiil presnt

Collect the snowflakes, and put them on a shallow plate, on scraping them to collect they turn to a light yellow sludge, and after a few mins the whole plate is a mix of yellow waxy oil, and solvent....

spice is being lost at ever stage??? It lloks that way, I know it's impossible, but that's how it looks.

Gonna refreeze, in solution again, smaller amount, and be more patient I think

23. Collapse Details

is coming good.

24. Collapse Details

Collect the snowflakes, and put them on a shallow plate, on scraping them to collect they turn to a light yellow sludge, and after a few mins the whole plate is a mix of yellow waxy oil, and solvent....
    Did you find a way around this problem? I hate watching beautiful white crystals turn to yellow goo.

25. Collapse Details

i'm in the middle of an extraction atm (via MHRB nomans, got some jars in the freezer and im still in the process of pulling solvents. i'd like to have some spice to smoke tonight, and i was thinking about taking one of my napatha pulls and putting it on a pyrex dish to evap.

question, i dont have a fan but would a warm water bath make the napatha evap quicker? will i lose yeild?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast