• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

mankind is intergalactic virus

DOB

Bluelighter
I was thinking alot last few years about something and I want to writte it down and hear opinion of other people.

I think that we,"the soo much better than any other life form" humans are in truth nothing more than deadly virus.I was on too many trips,you cant just forget that our universe is just single cell of something bigger.

Our civilization is extremly bad in every way possible,level of corruption is mindblowing.Climate of our planet is doing soo bad that we should trow away many thing like cars asap but that would never happen.

Our leaders are sick ego maniacs addicted to money,cruel dictators.Soo much people have no life,just facebook,world of warcraft and mcdonald.Everything happens for money,people knowingly do things that will sooner or later make our planet unable to support any lifeform,for money.

We all know what convetional gas engines do to climate,to air and what effect it would have on future generation but when morning comes you will start your car and go to work with it even when you know all this becose "everybody does it,if I stop it will not change anything blah blah...."

The food we eat is poison,the air we breath is poison,the lives we live are poision,the way we think is poison.All this happens becose all we care is to satisfy our egoistical primitive needs.

"I will use my car and do all this things that kills earth,people in future? well,fuck them I care only about myself"

The whole politics thing turned into gold fever,who brainwash more people wins money fest, its like lets lie and make people what ever I want or force them with violence.What we do to nature is suicide,all these extinct animal species,all these forests that are no longer there.

I think that the way we lived about 50.000 years back was much better.I saw documentary about indians in amazonia forrest and they were so happy,tons of food,very good health care,no boss,no work,no prison,it was like paradise.They dont know what stress is.

Humans can live with all those hi tech gadgets and still make no damage to nature but becose of selfish idiots we are this will never happen.This is all very wrong,I predict bad bad thing that will put us on the list of endangered species,if we will have luck,if not,we will disapear from universe forever.

I pray we will be destroyd before we can colonize space becose we will poison many more planets and galaxies the same way like earth.I pray some stronger,more advanced life form will dehumanize universe before we corrupt and kill them.If I had a chance to let something like five thousand megatons nuclear bomb explode and blast this planet into zilion little pieces I would do it.Humans are born to be disease of time and space,it will never stop,it will never change,theres no way we can handle ourselfs,I hope one day humans will disapear like bad dream so other life forms can continue their lives in harmony.
The amount of pain we cause to animals is sad,poor pigs,cows,chickens,and laboratory rats,like if their destiny isnt enough,we must raise them in these fucking cells,becose it cost less than let them live somewhere like the enviroment they came from.

yep i fully agree, most are ignorant/mis informed of whats going on and like to be lead by the powers above. i myself want out or getaway. i want nothing to do with money, i just want to live a peaceful life out traveling in the sun, still i wont be satisfied, how can i be? im human!

the 3rd zeitgeist film shows how we can be more civilzed and equal but it will not happen in my lifetime, if any at all.

yep i fully agree, most are ignorant/mis informed of whats going on and like to be lead by the powers above. i myself want out or getaway. i want nothing to do with money, i just want to live a peaceful life out traveling in the sun, still i wont be satisfied, how can i be? im human!

the 3rd zeitgeist film shows how we can be more civilzed and equal but it will not happen in my lifetime, if any at all.

I cant see it happening to our current evolution state called homo sappiens sappiens,we must evolve into something alot different if we want to live with technolodgy and still stay in harmony with nature.Homo sappiens sappiens have this deadly inbalance of inteligence and primite in them that makes them nature killers.Too inteligent = too dangerous with primitive core that drives them = like a car going 180 mph without driver trough packed club of ravers.

hey kid, don't be so fatalistic. We'll figure out the whole pollution thing soon enough. The masters of the human race will simply shift their assets from oil to something more sustainable. That's the cool thing about humans. Just because there might be an average rise of 1 degree of the earth's total temperature doesn't mean that we're totally ruining the atmosphere, irreversibly.
Yes I agree that climate change is happening because of human intervention, but just think of the climate change that could be happening once we learn to control weather systems based on their chemical composition.
I guess that's just my poisoned thought process though trying to think of ways to control my environment.
That's all man is: a controller of the environment. That control can be used for good or bad and there are forces greater than money that play on a man's psyche.

Actually there are certain varieties of corporations that are now starting up with aims other than simply maximizing profits. I think humans are much more sophisticated than they were in the past and it's just an adjustment period that we're in, dealing with all this new technology, going from passive nodes along a centralized power/information grid, ,to active members of a hyper connected community, constantly producing creative and new things, in addition to vital energy.
Humans are linked to the rest of the universe, but I think life and non-life are two essential counterparts of the same ultimate essence, whatever that may be.
There definitely needs to be some sort of mass awakening of the absolute connectedness of everything. I think groups like for profit corporations and political groups are simply ways to channel vast amounts of human thought into usable, useful, entities of control and production. There just needs to be a shift from the poisonous views that seem to grab hold of lots of people.
I agree with you in part, dont me wrong.

Last edited:
Fatalistic or not, he's right. Has anyone watched the latest zeitgeist, the new way of living looked great.

hey kid, don't be so fatalistic. We'll figure out the whole pollution thing soon enough. The masters of the human race will simply shift their assets from oil to something more sustainable. That's the cool thing about humans. Just because there might be an average rise of 1 degree of the earth's total temperature doesn't mean that we're totally ruining the atmosphere, irreversibly.
Yes I agree that climate change is happening because of human intervention, but just think of the climate change that could be happening once we learn to control weather systems based on their chemical composition.
I guess that's just my poisoned thought process though trying to think of ways to control my environment.
That's all man is: a controller of the environment. That control can be used for good or bad and there are forces greater than money that play on a man's psyche.

Actually there are certain varieties of corporations that are now starting up with aims other than simply maximizing profits. I think humans are much more sophisticated than they were in the past and it's just an adjustment period that we're in, dealing with all this new technology, going from passive nodes along a centralized power/information grid, ,to active members of a hyper connected community, constantly producing creative and new things, in addition to vital energy.
Humans are linked to the rest of the universe, but I think life and non-life are two essential counterparts of the same ultimate essence, whatever that may be.
There definitely needs to be some sort of mass awakening of the absolute connectedness of everything. I think groups like for profit corporations and political groups are simply ways to channel vast amounts of human thought into usable, useful, entities of control and production. There just needs to be a shift from the poisonous views that seem to grab hold of lots of people.
I agree with you in part, dont me wrong.

Yes,there are humans and group of humans that are not dangerous to nature but that is tiny part,the other dominant part is so much bigger that the good ones dont have chance to stop this destruction and pain.

I dont think this is only "just an adjustment period" its the start of the end.

"We'll figure out the whole pollution thing soon enough" lol I know how we will figure it,first step is doing nothing and second is war.That or people will make killer virus in laboratory,spread it and then sell anti dote only for people with enough money,that is actualy happening.

"Just because there might be an average rise of 1 degree of the earth's total temperature doesn't mean that we're totally ruining the atmosphere, irreversibly" 2/3 of madagascar forests are gone,something like 40% of drinkable water in ice form is gone,35% of amazonia is gone"we are not ruining atmosphere"... are you fucking kidding me?!?! Ofcourse,these changes will return to normal after hundreds of years, if humans would completly disapear.

"once we learn to control weather" the goverment will make you pay taxes or you will live in small cyclone.
cyclone.jpg

that looks like one friendly swimming pool. anyone with a heart for peace is hear-broken

I am aware of all these 'problems' you describe, but I also believe, that this is just a step in human evolution. There are more and more people 'waking up' from their egotistical state of existing and once this amount reaches a critical mass, things will change for sure. I have no clue, if this will happen in the next 15 or 50 or 500 years, tho.
Of course there's a chance, that we blow ourselves up or something like that before it can happen. But I don't see a reason to worry about this.
If you focus on the negative, you will create more negativity and vice versa.
So instead of crying, how wrong everything is, be the change you want to see in others. Imho that's the most efficient way to deal with it.

I am aware of all these 'problems' you describe, but I also believe, that this is just a step in human evolution. There are more and more people 'waking up' from their egotistical state of existing and once this amount reaches a critical mass, things will change for sure. I have no clue, if this will happen in the next 15 or 50 or 500 years, tho.
Of course there's a chance, that we blow ourselves up or something like that before it can happen. But I don't see a reason to worry about this.
If you focus on the negative, you will create more negativity and vice versa.
So instead of crying, how wrong everything is, be the change you want to see in others. Imho that's the most efficient way to deal with it.

I fear that in next 15 or 50 or 500 years the mankind would face such events that everybody would have their minds full of survival and not solutions that can make world better.The brainwashing tactics are very effective,I really dont think that good homo sappiens sappiens would reach "critical mass" being selfish nature killers is in our DNA.Some people are nature protectors,but there is so small number of people like us that it nearly dont matter.First thing that needs to be changed is complet change of all politics and politic system.Leaders should have pay that is average pay in their country so they will know how normal people lives.

I believe our focus should be on the existential risk to mankind's survival within the next 100 years (see Bostrom, Rees). I fear we have a 50:50 chance of surviving past 2100, unless there are radical paradigm shifts in the attitudes of humanity, specifically the top 1 percentile who decide policy for the majority of human activity.

I believe our focus should be on the existential risk to mankind's survival within the next 100 years (see Bostrom, Rees). I fear we have a 50:50 chance of surviving past 2100, unless there are radical paradigm shifts in the attitudes of humanity, specifically the top 1 percentile who decide policy for the majority of human activity.

I believe we will exist after 2100 but the nature would disapear.Wars for space and powerfull railguns & nano weapons would cause big pain to many living things

RE:OP; the "humanity is a virus" thread pops up rather often, so for my reply i'll quote my views from previous threads...

i think johnny's perspective shouldn't be overlooked. what we as a species have achieved is amazing. and we weren't always of higher intelligence. we are animals and came out of the animal world, and our awareness has been steadily increasing throughout history but when our species is cruel it's usually not out of malevolence

humans don't need to be a virus. we are gaining awareness that we've been raping the planet that birthed us, and people make threads like "earth would be better off without humanity". we have the capability to self-direct, though

a contentious issue being the indirect manifestations of our will... collective behavior, corporations, etc. we have no direct and/or quick control, as a population, over that; it's just how we've evolved. but we can go in certain directions. energy efficiency is an obvious one, for example
qwe said:
one common thing that's been increasing in individual philosophies (in my locale and country at least) is the realization that things like divinity come from within, that uncertainty is often all we have, that there's something inside to be respected

i think humanity has a lot of potential, our recent exponetial growth means there's a lot we'll be going through and our species will reach heights we can't imagine

we may seem like a virus when we're in a negative chemical state... we're still an adolescent as a species, barely out of our first planet's ocean. change/growth apparently involves pain. that's the only large/philosophical justification for pain that i can see, though the concept of pain still confuses me because it can happen for no reason except random physics aka billiards

what's obvious enough is that it's here because it's useful for evolution... why not have some other feeling/motivation to alert to damage? because evolution needed to select a motivating factor against damage right away, a simple one? why didn't it work "philosophical zombie" style without real qualia/consciousness of pain, but the same amount of behavioral motivation in the brain signals? (that would suggest information transfer leads to consciousness)
qwe said:
are we the source of suffering? no, there's suffering without humans. we evolved from a batshit crazy world... and what is the whole problem of suffering anyway? when we say we want to solve suffering, we want to make people happy... going in with the attitude of people as virus doesn't help here

it's true we have our problems and that we unnecessarily spread suffering. what counteracts this, though, is awareness, and awareness has been increasing exponentially as a function of time. as a human i feel like we have unimaginable potential just waiting. i see us as an adolescent rather than a virus. we do disrupt the ecosystem that created us. but a virus has its ecological role just like any other strand of DNA, and it's much too simple to boil us down to just disruption. seeing a virus as bad only makes sense from an anthropocentric viewpoint. everything is just a dance and there's no need to worry
another thread said:
with or without humans, immense suffering will take place on earth, and ecosystems will crumble eventually as nothing can defeat entropy (decay). humans are not a virus any more than mosquitos... we all evolved naturally, and all are 100% a part of this universe, to the point where we are inseparable

humans don't need to be a virus. we are gaining awareness that we've been raping the planet that birthed us, and as we come to these realizations, people are making threads like "earth would be better off without humanity"

we have the capability to self-direct, though. as we gain this awareness, we have to realize we also have the capacity to do something about it. technology can alleviate suffering just as much as it can cause suffering

it's up to us

it only looks so ugly because it's sort of like we, as a society, are a child that is just now becoming aware that hitting other people actually causes pain

in sum: humanity has the potential to be the opposite of a virus, and we should try to head in that direction ASAP

Yeah but even the top 1% need to breathe and eat. Not to mention they need at least a good amount of the 99% to leech their lifeblood off of.
That fact alone keeps me from overreacting like the OP seems so justified in doing.

we should but we never will,until something bad happens.What sucks about humans and what I believe will be cause of our extinction is that we will always do wrong things for money,forever and ever.The air is poisoned,and like it isnt enough,forests are being erased all over the world.Even in ocean,deep underwater,the destruction is very evident and this is those things that make life possible.We have technolodgy that would allow 99.99% of all cars to run on electricity.Electro mobiles were there in very early 20 century,all this petrol killing earth happens only for money

humans + money = destruction,death and suffering,we have it in our DNA.The third world war,preferabely with potent nuclear and biological warfare would be really good.It would send world technolodgicaly into times when homo sappiens sappiens first evolved and reduced population drasticly,I think the the world with half bilion vs 7 bilion people would be much better and if I had to die in the proces,I would not be aggainst it.

Yeah but even the top 1% need to breathe and eat. Not to mention they need at least a good amount of the 99% to leech their lifeblood off of.
That fact alone keeps me from overreacting like the OP seems so justified in doing.

over reacting? I am saying that we are destroying earth,theres no argue about that,thats not over reacting,thats my self preservation instinct kicking in.The way I see current state of earth is the same the people in those hijacked airplanes felt with al kaida on board.This civilization is going to crash hard but majority of people live like nothing is happening becose the climate change isnt killing them too much now,but its getting worse really quickly,you will all live to see what I was trying to say in this thread.When people start to fight for water in big cities,one on one,hand to hand combat style that would be moment when they finaly get it,that some people made huge amount of money on armagedon,and that they blindly helped them in this destruction by using cars.

we should but we never will,until something bad happens.What sucks about humans and what I believe will be cause of our extinction is that we will always do wrong things for money,forever and ever.
as technological and social change continue to develop, i have hope for an end to money.

we are already at the point where robots can vacuum our houses and we can point our phone at a cash register and are insta-billed. it isn't a large leap from that to a currency-less society imo (given a technological solution to the problem of scarcity)
over reacting? I am saying that we are destroying earth,theres no argue about that,thats not over reacting,thats my self preservation instinct kicking in.
the earth adapts.
When people start to fight for water in big cities,one on one,hand to hand combat style
scarcity can be eliminated by the time things like this occur, imo.

I was thinking alot last few years about something and I want to writte it down and hear opinion of other people.

I think that we,"the soo much better than any other life form" humans are in truth nothing more than deadly virus.I was on too many trips,you cant just forget that our universe is just single cell of something bigger.

Our civilization is extremly bad in every way possible,level of corruption is mindblowing.Climate of our planet is doing soo bad that we should trow away many thing like cars asap but that would never happen.

Our leaders are sick ego maniacs addicted to money,cruel dictators.Soo much people have no life,just facebook,world of warcraft and mcdonald.Everything happens for money,people knowingly do things that will sooner or later make our planet unable to support any lifeform,for money.

We all know what convetional gas engines do to climate,to air and what effect it would have on future generation but when morning comes you will start your car and go to work with it even when you know all this becose "everybody does it,if I stop it will not change anything blah blah...."

The food we eat is poison,the air we breath is poison,the lives we live are poision,the way we think is poison.All this happens becose all we care is to satisfy our egoistical primitive needs.

"I will use my car and do all this things that kills earth,people in future? well,fuck them I care only about myself"

The whole politics thing turned into gold fever,who brainwash more people wins money fest, its like lets lie and make people what ever I want or force them with violence.What we do to nature is suicide,all these extinct animal species,all these forests that are no longer there.

I think that the way we lived about 50.000 years back was much better.I saw documentary about indians in amazonia forrest and they were so happy,tons of food,very good health care,no boss,no work,no prison,it was like paradise.They dont know what stress is.

Humans can live with all those hi tech gadgets and still make no damage to nature but becose of selfish idiots we are this will never happen.This is all very wrong,I predict bad bad thing that will put us on the list of endangered species,if we will have luck,if not,we will disapear from universe forever.

I pray we will be destroyd before we can colonize space becose we will poison many more planets and galaxies the same way like earth.I pray some stronger,more advanced life form will dehumanize universe before we corrupt and kill them.If I had a chance to let something like five thousand megatons nuclear bomb explode and blast this planet into zilion little pieces I would do it.Humans are born to be disease of time and space,it will never stop,it will never change,theres no way we can handle ourselfs,I hope one day humans will disapear like bad dream so other life forms can continue their lives in harmony.
The amount of pain we cause to animals is sad,poor pigs,cows,chickens,and laboratory rats,like if their destiny isnt enough,we must raise them in these fucking cells,becose it cost less than let them live somewhere like the enviroment they came from.
rent
When i put you in a cage with your family u will say something different:)

over reacting? I am saying that we are destroying earth,theres no argue about that,thats not over reacting,thats my self preservation instinct kicking in.The way I see current state of earth is the same the people in those hijacked airplanes felt with al kaida on board.This civilization is going to crash hard but majority of people live like nothing is happening becose the climate change isnt killing them too much now,but its getting worse really quickly,you will all live to see what I was trying to say in this thread.When people start to fight for water in big cities,one on one,hand to hand combat style that would be moment when they finaly get it,that some people made huge amount of money on armagedon,and that they blindly helped them in this destruction by using cars.

DOB. Your really depressing bro. Do you have a job? Go buy a Recyclable bicycle or walk every where. Go buy some seeds and plant a garden. Find some sheep and take some wool off them and sew your own clothes. You need to be exterminated if you aren't doing those things. I need you to donate all your time to a soup kitchen helping the homeless. If not.. Shut up.