• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs "soothing bath salts" iv?

WhyNot

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever tried to IV the "bath salts" I've never tried them before and just got a brand called "cloud 9" if that makes a difference...but i'm assuming all the "bath salts" have the same basic ingredients. So i'm wondering if anyone has tried to inject these or if it's harmful? If you've heard anything about IV'ing these please let me know if and how to do this safely or if it can NOT be done. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read in an article "The bath salts sold under the names Cloud 9, White Dove, Widow Maker and others, contain ingredients that induce hallucinogenic states if it is snorted, smoked or injected.[/COLOR] Parish authorities believe that at ;east three suicides were the result of people getting high on the bath salts" so that would mean it has been done, but does anyone know how much to do since i've read alot about it being dangerous if to much is snorted and don't even know how they judge too much snorted let alone IV...Please anyone i could reallly use some advice.

The active ingredient in most bath salts is likely MDPV. That being said there is no way to know for sure, no way to know the purity, and no way to know what else could be in there. Using any product which doesn't openly state it's ingredients is inadvisable. Injecting it is even more hazardous as the possibility of damage is much greater and you don't know what other filler ingredients could be in it.

Here is a thread in BDD regarding bath salts you might find interesting.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=545692

Please don't IV this stuff. I wouldn't even recommend ingesting it at all. There's been some pretty terrible horror stories associated with MDPV. All it takes is one binge to cause yourself a shit storm you couldn't have imagined. I'm generally not one to lecture on using drugs, but seriously don't bother with this stuff. Go buy some coke or something else more worth your time.

Please don't IV this stuff. I wouldn't even recommend ingesting it at all. There's been some pretty terrible horror stories associated with MDPV. All it takes is one binge to cause yourself a shit storm you couldn't have imagined. I'm generally not one to lecture on using drugs, but seriously don't bother with this stuff. Go buy some coke or something else more worth your time.

I read on wikapedia that the main ingrediet in this brand "cloud 9" is MDPV so that being known (also backed up by an article by someone who did actual scientific breakdown of this brand) and i've read that it is safe to IV 5mg at a time and i've read another post on here stating 7mg is safe jumping off point assuming it's cut with any MDPV even high so you can go upwards...anyone try it personally? What are the side effects of an OD if IV'd are they the same as sniffing? Or worse? I have a partner with me if anything does go wrong but what do i expect? and what would you do in the event of OD?

and what would you do in the event of OD?

In the event of a suspected over dose, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY !

You would need to get medical help as soon as humanly possible, so if you feel like you are in dangerous territory the last thing you should be doing is getting on BL and making a thread about it. Unfortunately nobody here is a doctor that can help you.

IVing mdpv is doable, but if you were going to even attempt to iv MDPV I would highly recommend not doing via these *bath salts* products. Nobody knows for fact if they are actually MDPV, and if they did, they wouldn't know the concentration of PV. It is obviously cut, so the worst thing would be that since it probably isn't evenly distributed throughout the packet, you may get a huge chunk in one shot, and all cut in another.

Since the required dose of PV when snorted is so low already, IV just seems like real risky business and trying it would be in my opinion pretty much idiotic.

If you insist on IVing PV, get some pure product and an extremely accurate scale at start with like 1mg. Do do the compulsive nature of PV already, IVing could lead to psychosis and bad news real fucking quick.

Be safe.

Don't believe Wikipedia all the time, when it comes to this, I wouldn't believe it most of the time.

Personally, I wouldn't consume something unless you were sure you knew what it was, and I definitely wouldn't IV something unless I really really knew what it was.

I tried them with the same "what the hell" attitude, and have actually found them to be quite enjoyable. The brands I have tried (not Cloud 9) can give you an extended euphoric feel and for me, don't seem to have as severe a come-down as cocaine.

Best part about them: available over the counter(for now). Much easier than trying to run down the other stuff.

I wouldn't iv anything that is labeled as a bath salt. It could be mdpv, in which case you'll be fine, but what if its not... too much of a gamble.

Seconded in every way possible.

This isn't to say people who already responsibly IV something along the lines of 4-mmc or MDPV can't continue to do so responsibly and safely, but I doubt that either of these drugs is safe, and their use often leads to irresponsibility.

I wouldn't iv anything that is labeled as a bath salt. It could be mdpv, in which case you'll be fine, but what if its not... too much of a gamble.

A bath salt may contain MDPV, but it may not be 100% MDPV. In which case, the inactive ingredients could be harmful.

This is probably pretty obvious, but why are they called bath salts? Does anyone actually use them in a bath, and what kind of effects do they claim to have when used in a bath? Just wondering!

Haha bath salts are just the current moniker that some research chemicals (mainly mdpv) are being distributed under. Same as the old plant food for meph or insect repellent for whatever that was.

I don't think anyone actually uses them in a bath and doubt they would have any notable effect nor really bother claiming to.

edit:
I didn't mention the reason for these antics is that the drug usual starts out being legal so long as it is not sold for human consumption.

Last edited:
just snifff it cloud 9 is really good too its easier to find jus grabbed some on way to bar its legal but DO NOT OVER DO IT CLOUD 9 IS STRONG REAL STRONG SO BE CAREFUL

*Your experiences with Cloud 9 may vary, because whats in Cloud 9 does, indeed, vary.

I would start with oral use before going to snorting it, these RCs (MDPV?) are sketchy at best.

That being said, snorting is much safer than IVing.

My friend had a bag of some type of "bath salts" (might not be the same stimulant which you guys are doing, I hear they vary from brand to brand - making it "stimulant roulette" essentially, since you never know what's in the bath salts anyways).
He had done about 1/10th of gram, said he felt the same body load of "coming up" that you would get from d-amphetamine, but none of the mental euphoric effects whatsoever. He gave the rest away to his friends.

A few days later, I decided to take whatever powder was left in the bag (on the sides of the bag and whatnot) by pouring some water in it and then drinking the water.

It couldn't have been more than 0.05 of a gram tops - but even THIS caused some unpleasant effects. It started to kick in after about 20 minutes, which makes me guess it was mephedrone.
Anyways, the "coming up" had the same type of body load similar to adderall/amphetamine but with no real euphoria (just adrenergic mental stimulation at most), just like what my friend had described.

After about 30 minutes into the effects, I began to just felt like shit (the comedown reminded me slightly of DMAA, which was another really shitty stimulant I had tried one time before and regretted big-time).

The main "positive/neutral" effects lasted for about 45 minutes, and the comedown lasted well over 4 hours. This duration of action made me suspect that it was mephedrone even more.

Anyways, the negative effects were typical of most shitty legal stimulants. You know, the usual high blood pressure, vascular constriction, elevated heart-rate, coldness in the extremities, paranoid anxiety, dehydration, muscle tension and pain, overall pain everywhere in your whole body, etc...

I was also quite alarmed that such a small amount of the substance had given noticeable effects.

For anyone considering trying it, I suggest just staying away from these garbage stimulants (sold as "bath salts" at headshops).

Even weak over-the-counter stimulants like pseudoephedrine produce more desirable effects than this bath salt bullshit - and its about 10 times cheaper too...

For all of you teenagers desperate to get high, these "bath salts" are not worth the money. Honestly, I think an energy drink with ginseng and caffeine is going to get you higher.

And the fact that you don't actually know what type of stimulant is in bath salts makes them down-right unsafe.

Save your money.

dont shot sketchy "bath salts" theres all kinds of things besides the drug in there and you cant know how much of said drug is in what ud be shooting.

DON'T IV ANY OF THIS SHIT

NOBODY
but the manufacturer knows what goes into it so DON'T FUCKING PUT IT IN YOUR VEINS, it's as simple as that.

Snorting/eating the shit is bad enough. Wait until it's cut with talc or something and you get a stroke after banging a bunch of bath salt.

^Ah yes the screaming technique. Always most effective. Shall I look for you in the IVing heroin and cocaine threads as well?

Obviously it's not smart to inject unknown substances into your veins and bath salts are pretty high up on that list, but if people are going to despite the dangers they deserve access to information without judgment to do it in the safest way possible.

Your opinion is easily supported and your point about talc a good one. Why not present the information in a way which won't drive people off. If everyone who wanted to make a point just posted really big bold font we wouldn't get much done around here at all.

Please don't IV this stuff. I wouldn't even recommend ingesting it at all. There's been some pretty terrible horror stories associated with MDPV. All it takes is one binge to cause yourself a shit storm you couldn't have imagined.
It isn't that MDPV is inherently evil or anything (it's not that strong a stimulant e.g. compared to speed and probably safer for the body), but for something like twenty bucks you end up with the equivalent amount (high-wise) of a couple thousand bucks worth of coke. If you can control your use, you're fine. If not, God help you.

Have heard tale of people IV'ing MDPV, and I can only imagine it's a bad idea. Iv'ing bath salts full of contaminants like sugar, colorings, etc. sounds even worse. If you absolutely have to do it, peeps, locate some pure/lab grade MDPV.

Last edited: