Caught with pills, Need help regarding false statement

I

iliktotrip

I got caught awile ago with schedule II pills in school. In my school, I was sure that they just suspend you if you are cooperative, as that's what has happened before with me. For this reason, when I was called down to the office I answered their questions (dishonestly when it came to who sold it to me) because I figured they would let me go like they did before. If I just sat there I knew they'd call the cops. I told them a fake name like I did last time, but they still called the cops. They told my statement to the cops and I didn't deny it because I figured there was no point since I already admitted it to school.

I know that was what fucked me over, but it's too late now.

My problem is, I have an appearance ticket but I'm worried the judge may ask very specific questions about the guy who sold it to me and such written in my statement that I won't remember. I wrote down as much as I could remember when I got home but that was awile after I was interrogated so I only remember so much.

Anyone have advice?

Speak to a lawyer.

I'm not trying to be mean. We can speculate about the right to avoid self-incrimination and the school effectively placing you under arrest such that your confession was extracted without knowledge of your rights blah blah blah.

Just speak to a lawyer.

If you don't mind me asking - which pills? Were they prescriptions?

Anyways - make sure that you get it clear that you weren't distributing them or trafficking (selling, being a middle man, etc).

If you say that you can't remember what the man looked like, it should be fine honestly. They won't need a huge description because they're not sending you to court because you saw the guy, they're sending you to court because you got caught with possession of a schedule II substance.

Say he was a sketchy guy, he had his hood up, blahblahblah, you didn't even talk to him - or something like that.

If you don't mind me asking - which pills? Were they prescriptions?

Anyways - make sure that you get it clear that you weren't distributing them or trafficking (selling, being a middle man, etc).

If you say that you can't remember what the man looked like, it should be fine honestly. They won't need a huge description because they're not sending you to court because you saw the guy, they're sending you to court because you got caught with possession of a schedule II substance.

Say he was a sketchy guy, he had his hood up, blahblahblah, you didn't even talk to him - or something like that.

that wont work he said he knew the guy and gave them a fake name.

honestly man i dont know how you forgot your story in such a serious situation.

are you in the united states? sched II sounds like our US system. that is a felony. you need a lawyer before you say anything more. you are going to court for felony possession, that is your problem. not a fake name or details of a description.

you dont need to tell them anything. any name. the cops were probably surprised as fuck when you did. i've had cops half laughing when they asked me where i got blank. you dont have to tell them shit, and they don't really expect you to.

Depending on what state he's in, it might just be a misdemeanor. Still, you could always just say you forgot the guys name. Just say it was a long time ago, and you didn't know the guy well. But talk to your lawyer and see what he or she says.

Memories fade over time.. surely a judge will appreciate this fact..

Just tell them everything you remember writing down..

Did you tell them you knew this guy before the deal? If not it's gonna be easy..

I'd play it dumb. ''I didn't know exactly what they were exactly & had no idea THAT THEY WERE

You can take the 5th if asked any questions. Get a lawyer to try and plead you out for a lesser charge. You don't want a felony on your record (if that's what possession of sced II pills will get you).

Ouch! Man, you've got my sympathy. You say you're still in school? Are you a minor? Being tried as a minor would help you immensely. The first court deal will NOT be where they give you a sentence or verdict. It will be an arraignment where they tell you the charges and provide you with a lawyer if you can't afford one. The judge isn't going to ask you about who sold it to you, that would be the prosecutor's job if/when you get a trial.

It would help to keep in mind that jail time would be detrimental to everyone involved. It would force you, a presumably non-violent individual, to become a violent one in order to survive and it would cost the taxpayer a good amount of money to keep you locked up. I don't think the judge would want that, so there's a pretty good chance you might get off with 'drug treatment' and a probation or something.

Talk to your lawyer when you get one though, he'll be of much more help than I. Good luck.

Talk to a lawyer AND don't tell on the dealer ... that is low ... but talk to a lawyer.
And even if the cops say they'll give you a good deal if you sell out the lawyer - either make sure you get it in writing or just don't - they can't give you a better deal (aka lower fine or something) for selling out your dealer.