• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago, I was a rather avid Bob Dylan fan.

I clearly remember crawling into University in a semi-stoned state to use the computer clusters in order to do some research for an essay (this was before broadband came along and me and my housemates were far too unreliable to pay for a monthly dial-up plan in student digs).

With a collection of Dylan songs swirling round my mind, I signed up for a crappy webmail account (something of a novelty at the time) using the name "tambourine-man".

Ended up using the handle for my second account with Bluelight, although I've used the handle in various guises for over 10 years.

short for my previous handle "Left to Right", which i thought was a clever handle for some reason.
I always thought your name meant "learn to read".

^I like your name tbh.
Thanks lol. But id rather have something funny or witty or meaningful instead of something that i thought of after the first few names were taken.

Last edited:
My life dream (among other, more constructive things) is to build a city, and tear it down. Just to prove I can.

Ill totes help with the tearing down phase. You can do the icky stuff solamente.

0041-1106-1710-0021_TN.jpg

When I was in HS (and years after as well) I had a best friend named Layla. When i would write notes to her I would always sign it

Love
Always,
Your
Little
Ali

For some reason or another I had to change my sn here (used to be "on the road") so since Layla had passed away i dedicated my new sn to her....

think i have told this story before. most people think its from tinkerbell which is so the opposite.

it is the shound that 2 whippits makes when they hit each other. I was bit of a hippy crack whore. take 2 chargers and hit them together ...tink......tink....tink....... and kiss them good bye because i will find a way to get you to give them to me ;)

I was on a trial with a nice ASUS computer when I needed to change my name, and the name ASUS is "Pegasus" shortened (sounds ridiculous but it's true), so I for some reason chose that. It was an impulse decision based on what I was reading at the time. I'm pleased with the decision though.

"Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology represents inspiration and knowledge. These facets are not lost in ASUS, which is named after it. The company embodies the strength, purity, and creative spirit of this mythical creature, and soars to new heights with each product it produces."

I used to be sonicboom back in the BBS days when I was 12. I took the name from street fighter (guile's special move) but I wasn't a huge fan of guile or anything. I just thought it was a cool name. Now I just go by sonic for short. I do like sonic the hedgehog, so it's fitting for me.

i picked "herbal~jah" because it basically means "Herbal God" .. i dunno i just thought it was cool

my hubby and at the time i joined here many moon ago, just one son...were obsessed with star wars. now, i have two boys, the little one is 8 and star wars is a recurrent theme in our home. darthmom. i'm a bit on the dark side, not your typical soccer mommy. but still love my family more than life itself, just fits. perfectly.

I was 19. I went to raves. I liked trance music. Floored by the originality, i bet.

I wish i could change it as it doesn't relate to me at all now but i guess i like to think there's more to my name than the name itself after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.