• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amor = Love
Roark = last name of the hero in The Fountainhead

lolaynrand

0451163931_l.gif

Only a complete loser would do something like that.

And that's the end of THAT chapter throws scarf casually over shoulder. lol.

Mine is based on a nickname a high school friend gave me, but since that's a bit lengthy, I made it just the first letter of each word plus the first 3 characters of my high school computer password. I use it for almost all my names for message boards and the like.

"P" is slang for pure crystal meth in New Zealand.

And since I'm so sweet and all, I figured "Sweet P" would make a good screen name. :p

Both China Cat Sunflower and I Know You Rider are Grateful Dead songs.
China Cat Sunflower segued into I Know Your Rider 99% of the time it was performed at a concert...to deadheads this combination is simply known as 'China Rider'

Sorta spawned from that early morning drum beating in your mind after a long binge of staying up all night or for a few days partying and the only thing left that is soothing is a cup of coffee in that secluded 24-hour mostly empty cafe as you and your friends sit in the corner booth pondering the memories from the nights just passed. Yeah, something like that.

I love MDMA <3

[responsibly, of course]

Its something i say when i'm gonna roll soon..."i'm Xcited!" its more than just excited tho.... its the anxious-nauseated-sweaty palmed-i can't wait to be in heaven feeling <3

^ anxiousnauseatedsweatypalmed would have been an awesome bl handle.

:)

alasdair

Name of a Sonic Youth track. Just thought it sounded cool when I was looking through my music library one day.

Ugly

Ugly is a pivotal concept in American culture. Be either cute cute or ugly/cute like this Ugly Betty show that's been on. I mean, I have never seen the show. It looks stupid but all shows jjust look stupid to me anyway. Now I see a brand new show advertised called "Ugly Americans"

I am an American so I'm ugly. I'm over 40 so I'm ugly. I haven't got perfect breasts so I'm ugly. I don't have much money so I''m ugly. When I joined BL, I was teaching high school English, and the main social structure plus the main thing on everybody's mind and lips was always the opposite, cute.
"Those are cute shoes."
"Her hair looks cute."
"They are a cute couple."
These nuggets drip from the lips of high school people who often have been convinced that being cute is more important than anything else.

Just about the biggest insults kids put on some teachers when they were gossiping would be "OMG she is SO ugly." If students thought you were ugly, they didn't even want to listen to you.

Is this thing ugly? Or is this thing cute? Who decided where ugly stops and cute starts?

Ugly: adjective: very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance

Ugly is more than an adjective. Ugly describes the opposite of everything anybody everywhere wants. If it is ugly then people don't want to buy it. Make sure it is NOT ugly.

Ugly makes the world go round.

Love that explanation, ugly. i think you are absolutely correct :)

Status
Not open for further replies.