• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Growing advice, tips, tricks and experience: Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

It's up to Prelude to make it, unless the thread hits 1K before he logs on.

^ what are the night temps falling to during night time?

Purple temps are often caused by low night temps. If you get a digital thermometer/hygrostat you should make use of the high/low function. If you reset it and come back the next day, it'll tell you what the highest temperature it has read is and also the lowest temperature. This info can be very useful. If you just check the temp each time you enter the room this is not as useful as monitoring temperature peaks and troughs (i.e. the highest and lowest temperatures throughout the day).

and I run lights at night, 78 degrees, outside its 65, High 100 during the day , stays about 80 in the grow room though

I'm working on a FAQ, with numbered bullet point sections which I'll eventually post up as discussed, so that I can refer people to sections on environment at different times during the grow under different conditions for example.

In general, indoor ideal temps are as follows:

The minimum (usually lights off) temps are 61-65F (some would disagree and say 61F is too low, but I disagree and for most strains it's okay IME). Max temp (usually lights on) should be no higher than about 82F.

In a greenhouse during the start of the season (about March in the UK) night temps should ideally be no less than 50F (10C).

In veg RH should ideally be around 60-75% and in flower 30-55% (to keep mold at bay). You could get a more accurate RH requirement during veg by working out vapor pressure deficits, but you'd need an IR thermometer to measure leaf temps. They are getting cheap to buy these days though. However that method is beyond the scope of this post.

^ Let me know when you post it, I can edit it into the OP as a link to your post. This is handy even if its on the same page... some bl'ers are pretty damn lazy.

Well it won't be for quite some time and will probably be a collection of my posts which will be edited to fit on one document which I can copy and paste into the PM I send to you.

I originally was going to make it quite in depth but then I was thinking the more succinct and brief it is the more people are likely to read it. That's why the editing will need to be carefully considered.

Psh not lazy was just working on what AE was working on, guess Ill just make it quick and re-edit the first post with more detail afterwards.

have it done by 11:30

You're working on it too? Bit of a problem that, since what if we disagree on a point? How do we work that out?

If you want to go ahead with it I think we need to discuss who does what, since I think it would be a bad idea to have us both write sections on exactly the same areas.

What are your thoughts?

TBH I've already spent a decent amount of time starting it all out and have put some effort into it, so it would be shame for it to undermined by some petty disagreement stemming from a breakdown of communication and assumptions being made. Not to sound as if I'm annoyed with you or anything Prelude at all! I just think it's an issue we need to clear up so we can both have an understanding, subject to the mods'approval (chainer I guess, who seemed to ask me for a copy earlier I think). All this info will be collated and recorded, with a view to me personally perhaps writing a book at some point in the future, so I have a vested interest in the project anyway. It's not only for the good of Bluelight, but might help me also in the long term as well.

We also would need a proof reader with knowledge to comb it over with a fine tooth comb to look for obvious errors - an example being if I were to make a mistake converting my native celsius/centigrade measurement of temperature to Fahrenheit, which is used over the pond. Spelling mistakes could also be corrected, and subject to agreement, some minor changes could be made.

Also, a question for chainer while I'm at it so I don't need to send a PM or make a separate post: Is is possible to give links to specific sections in the article on the same page as other sections? Or would each section need to be on it's on page in the thread so that if a BLer had a question about lighting for example, you would link to that specific topic on a specific page in the thread with the relevant info?

Last edited:
starting my first grow! 3 babies but one seems to have died.. no matter..

how big before i transplant them? theyre in those small degradeable things which I cant remember the name for at the moment...

^ Peat pellet? Root Riots? Those brown spongy starter cubes? If so, just transplant them 2-3 days after you've just started to see rots coming through

AE - I just checked the plants... more leaves have yellowed. We just fed them 20ml/g of CNS17 and 10ml/g of PureBlend 2 days ago. I'm about to feed them again but scared to overfeed. If it takes a week for the green to return to the yellow leaves... then how will I know if they are fed properly? How will I avoid overfeeding?

Also - I'm looking at this deficiency chart. It says that if the leaves look like this then you have a toxic salt buildup. How do I tell between salt buildup and when my plants are just hungry? Is it because the entire plant will look like this instead of a just a few leaves? I'm so confused :(

This is what I'm talking about. Some of my leaves look like Picture A.
NSFW:
19753ToxicSaltsBuildup.jpg

Last edited:
Im working on it

PM me when it is done, I will close out this thread, archive it, and add yours to the Cannabis Discussion Dictionary. For my ease, please title the thread [MEGA] Growing [Whatever You Want]: Mark 4. PM me *before* you submit it.

Also please put a small note on the top "Chainer - PM Sent," which I will edit out after. This is so it does not get closed if another mod sees the thread up before I add it to the directory, so they know you had the green light to start a MEGA thread. The rest is up to you! If it doesn't happen before this hits 1K for some reason, I will make the first post of the thread a placeholder for your text & signature.

Well it won't be for quite some time and will probably be a collection of my posts which will be edited to fit on one document which I can copy and paste into the PM I send to you.

I originally was going to make it quite in depth but then I was thinking the more succinct and brief it is the more people are likely to read it. That's why the editing will need to be carefully considered.

No rush at all, and do it however you see best fits! I think it would make a good addition to the MEGA thread as well as the CD Directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.