• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Growing advice, tips, tricks and experience: Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your plant misteee,

As for the leaves turning brown, i had the same problem and just left them thinking that they will regain their color, but in the end, they just dried up so i just ripped all the shitty leaves off :\

Depends how bad they are though, mine were shocking so I'm pretty sure there was no hope of them regaining color.

Leaves affected by nutrient burn won't turn green again... remove any leaf that is less than 50% green.

When plants get nutrient burn what actually happens is the EC level in the root zone is higher than the EC of the sap inside the plant.... this causes the osmosis (the ability of a liquid to pass through a semi permeable membrane) process to reverse and water is literally sucked out the plant and will show at the extremities first which is why the tips turn brown.... kind of ironic to call it overfeeding when in fact the opposite occurs....

Flush and give it a couple of days... keep a close eye on the plant.... if all looks goood continue normal feeding regime but tone it down a bit.

I will try to find my pic of a Nutrient response curve...;-)

here is the terrorist attack on my beautiful candy, im gona give her another 3 days and if she doesnt continue to form im going to have to rip her up and call it quits, this seriously is a big dent in the pocket :(

heartbreak.jpg

worst day of my life.jpg

it will get healthy again... I've seen plants almost white adn a couple of weeks later they were green again.:)

Hmm unfortunatly im not convinced ^^ :\

She looks pretty bad Misteee, wouldnt surprise me if she were to throw some male flowers due the stress :X

Keep an eye on the leaves. If they die off over the next couple of days and quite a few go it's going to effect your yeild greatly.

I would remove all dead leaves.... I've seen worse come back to life....but yield will obviously be affected, sure....

Thanks for making the new thread, Yerg. I told Prelude he could run the OP for the last grow thread because he was doing a majority of the grow logging and did a good job on the first post. Dunno if he is still interested in that or not though.

Damn sorry to hear that happended Misteee :( You can try feeding her some SuperThrive to recover. It all depends how badly she's effected and if she is, it may be worth re-vegging.

hi wise, i just looked at it, so do i squeeze the stem then tie it at the place where i squeeze it, also do i cut any leaves off as there is loads so the light can get to them, also does it matter how many i can tie down?

hi wise, i just looked at it, so do i squeeze the stem then tie it at the place where i squeeze it, also do i cut any leaves off as there is loads so the light can get to them, also does it matter how many i can tie down?
Tie her down if you can. When your supercrop thats all your doing, just cropping the branch so it falls away. It's easier to keep your plant in shape if you keep her tied down.

Tie all the longest branches away from the main stalk to expose the lower shoots :)

Tie her down if you can. When your supercrop thats all your doing, just cropping the branch so it falls away. It's easier to keep your plant in shape if you keep her tied down.

Tie all the longest branches away from the main stalk to expose the lower shoots :)

ok do i tie where i squeeze and do i remove some leaves?

Dont worry about supercropping. Just stick to the ties, no need to pinch any stem when your tying her down :)

Try putting the ties about half way up each branch then tieing it off(may need to put holes around the top of the pot to tie your knotts through)

Could you get another shot of how bushy she is underneath her? A pic that shows all the stems?

Dont worry about supercropping. Just stick to the ties, no need to pinch any stem when your tying her down :)

Try putting the ties about half way up each branch then tieing it off(may need to put holes around the top of the pot to tie your knotts through)

Could you get another shot of how bushy she is underneath her? A pic that shows all the stems?

ok will do, ill do it today, it is full of stems underneath you can hardly see through, and your right i will have to make some holes in the pot to hold her in place, this wont be a proble, will cotton be ok to use or will it cut into the stem? Or should i use some thin string?

twist ties tied to the end of strings make easily adjustable hooks for tying down and they are nice to the plants and hold their shape so as to not constrict

Yeah you can use all type's of things to keep them tied. I personally use old shoelaces with good success :)

Cooking twine also works wonders :)

THANKS for the tips guys, ive done it now and its worked very well, now there is light on alot more of the stems lower down so they should be ok, this girl is so bushy im quite pleased with my self, it shows me that i have learnt from the first attempt alot with all the help and advice i have received from every one here especially wise, thanks a million :)

hi wise, i have a question, what signs does the plant show when it is starting to flower? I ask this because i was given the cutting from a fellow grower and im starting to think she might be an auto flower, im not sure ad i dont have enough experience, but as you know i have her on 18/6 ,
well she is starting to show the little hairs that show during flower, there is quite a few all over, now i dont know if this is normal! Or if she is starting to go into flower, pls can you or any one advise me, i will try and get some pics. Thanks guys

goahead those could be just pre flowers, are there just single ones or are they in bunches? if its jsut single flowers/hairs then its just pre flowers which indicates the plant is sexually mature which a cutting would most likely be.

Hi guys. I got my brand new laptop, at last. I am planning on installing Truecrypt on it to protect all my sensitive data. I suggest all growers do the same.

Anyway, I harvested my plants (what was left of them after the pump failed!). Instead of spending absolutely ages trimming all the buds, I selected about a jar's worth of the best looking buds to dry and froze all the rest, so I can make bubble hash out of them (it'll be a decent amount of hash with the amount of bud/trim I have).

I put the buds that are drying now in my tent on a drying rack, since I don't mind them being a little flat in places where they sit and will turn them regularly to minimise this as much as I can. The relative humidity is being kept at about 50% with a dehumidifier and at 16-18C with a TC-10 thermostat that is controlling a fan heater set at 1kW.

If you don't control your temperatures in your tent/greenhouse accurately, you can waste a fortune on heating. They say that if you turn your central heating down by 1C you can save a whopping 10% of energy, so this is why accurate control is important. This is why the TC-10 thermostat I got is so useful, as it is accurate to one tenth of a degree and you can input the heating and cooling hysteresis to whatever you want. For what it is, the *snip* it cost is really good value for money. I think they ship worldwide, so you can get it wherever you are in the world. I bought it from Forttex. It also controls a cooling device so it can turn on a fan, air conditioning or an evaporative cooler when the temperature increases beyond a certain point. It's probably the best buy I've made since I started growing. I find a lot of products geared towards growers have over inflated prices, so it's easy to spend a lot of money when you can get alternatives aimed at brewers or people keeping aquariums, such as this.

When I can afford it, I plan to buy the Forttex digital humidity stat, which can operate a humidifer and dehumidifier when the RH gets too low or high respectively. Instead of a dehumidifier, I'll connect it to the fan heater to achieve vapor pressure deficit (when the air is heated the relative humidity goes down since it can hold more moisture without becoming saturated). I will use these in my greenhouse when it's set up and when the temp goes up, the autovents will open, which also helps reduce the heating even further.

My greenhouse will have four autovents on the roof and a couple of louvre vents on the gable end near the floor, so the air will flow from the bottom of the greenhouse to the roof. I've decided to go down this route rather than have a powered extraction and intake with a carbon filter. To control odor I will use an ozone generator. I haven't decided to get one of the more expensive ones or not. I'm worried if I get one of the cheaper models, controlling the dosing will be more difficult. Having more ozone than I need can slow photosynthesis to a crawl and make entering the greenhouse dangerous unless it's turned off first. The model I'm looking at at the moment is *snip*, so I can afford it I guess.

Here's a couple of photos of the TC-10 in action inside my tent with the bud on the drying rack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.