• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Employment advice

My CV basiacally has 2 coloums, one the left side it lists my educational qualifications and employment history and then to the right the EXACT skills ive learnt from those studies / jobs and the duties ive carried out in bullet form. Means an employer can scan through it and basically just tick off the things their looking for and the CV and cover letter always included anything mentioned in the job advert. I always print it off on higher quality paper of a different colour from the standard white too to make it stand out. I've noticed having a good email adress can help too. Both my last interviews have commented on my email, it's isnt that usunaul just not your usualy yahoo or hotmail addy. It's my [email protected] and both have said it seems very proffessional. Dunno about that but they seem to like it enough to comment on something which seems so unimportant.

You should only list the skills they want unless it really stands out. CV's shouldn't be generic.

Got to remember also that recruiters will have gone through hundreds, maybe thousands of applications already and will skim read as much as possible. If the first 1/3rd of your page isn't up to scratch then it doesn't really matter what the rest is like. Sad but true.

If i'm applying for ssi again won't it help to have no job? I can force myself to work part some places. Will it fuck it up? I really need to buy shit.

Edit: i have asked a lawyer over the phone who said part time is still okay but i dont trust anyone so the more people the better. Dont trust any of the other people either.....they generally say yes but what does bluelight know

Last edited:
If i'm applying for ssi again won't it help to have no job? I can force myself to work part some places. Will it fuck it up? I really need to buy shit.

Edit: i have asked a lawyer over the phone who said part time is still okay but i dont trust anyone so the more people the better. Dont trust any of the other people either.....they generally say yes but what does bluelight know

What does Bluelight knows? We know a lot, we learn & be learned. I'm glad that you heard it for yourself, if I would saw the question earlier I would have answered and before you trust anyone, trust yourself

regards,

Winter