• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using Suboxone for 3 day detox

Took one of the smaller of the 16 pieces at 8ish, I feel better then I did at 6am that's for sure... I don't feel sick just sleepy and I can handle that. When I start feeling sick which I hope isn't for awhile should I take another piece? Strange how I'm so knowledgeable about many things but this I'm a complete tool...

Yup, when you start feeling crappy again just take another piece.

Again I apologize for my stupidity but..... tell me again how many per day? I don't want to fork this up!!!!! Anyone realize how hard it was to cut 16 pieces with long nails? Hahahaha!!!!

You hit the nail on the head! I'm obsessing! I'm so worried I'll screw this up! I cut them last night when I wasn't sick, I got 16 pieces but they aren't as even as they could be that's for sure.

You have done nothing worth apologizing for my young friend <3

Don't worry if they aren't perfectly even. Don't even worry if they aren't quite even. Take as many per day as you need, but you really won't need more than 4 piece (2mg) in all likelihood. Everyone is different though. Try and take the most today and tomorrow, taking less each following day. You won't get dependent on the buprenorphine if all you have is 8mg. You are gonna be just fine.

Try this: Brush your teeth and wash your mouth out with Listerine before putting the sub under your tongue. It will make it go even further, plus it will dissolve like butter on a hot pan in milliseconds.

Lol @ butter on a hot pan!!!!!! Thank you for your help! I appreciate it! It's 11am and I'm going to take my next piece now however there will be no butter on a hot pan till piece numero 3 cause I don't have my tooth brush or mouth wash with me at work ?
That totally cracked me up and made my day!

Glad to have split you in two, keep up the great work! Check in with us once you get home and have settled in for the night.

You got this thing, just keep doing what you're doing. Your attitude is fantastic, bar none. A lot of people would be jealous, or rather envious, perhaps both. Anyhoo, you are doing what you should be doing, so all that is left to do is to remember to be kind and gentle with yourself. You'll get where you want to be bit by bit, sooner than later, if you just keep up the good work <3

I'm home... Day one has been good. I took 4 pieces today, the last one I shouldn't have, I didn't really need it cause I wasn't sick but I had to go to a funeral so I was scared I'd be sick while I was there, HUGE mistake cause on my way there I felt myself nodding off, once I got there and walked around I was ok but I had about 45 where I felt awful and not from lack of pills, I think that last piece made me sick...
My day was great thou!!!! After work I sat on my deck, soaked up the sun and swam.
Looking forward to day 2!!!! One thing I'm not diggin is the constant headache

Day two!!!! Sleeping is a issue, I fell asleep ok but staying asleep was another story. I'm a earlier riser cause of work but wow did I not want to get up at 4am ( didn't fall into a deep sleep till around 2:30 )
It's almost 7 and I haven't taken anything yet, I don't feel bad at all right now but I don't think that will last.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

The nodding may be due to what they call the honeymoon phase of buprenorphine induction. When you first start taking buprenorphine you experience some minor euphoria while the brain adjusts to it. Enjoy it while it lasts, it's temporary like everything. You may be able to avoid the headaches by spitting out the bupe saliva mixture instead of swallowing it after it has absorbed. It could be caused by the naloxone.

I get migraines from suboxone. I didn't get them on subutex, so if you get migraines you may want to switch to subutex if you can.

The honeymoon phase is great, but then the real shit kicks in...emotionlessness, lack of libido, profound feelings of blah....Yep I was on those for two years.

What is your plan for after your taper cheyenne?

Did you read my original post? I've been a year Vicodin abuser, I took 5/325 and 10-12 a day, not a huge addiction but still I'm a addict. I managed to get 1 8g suboxone and with the help of ppl on here I was told to cut it into 16 pieces, I took 4 pieces yesterday, today so far I've only took one cause I don't feel too bad. I'm hoping when it's gone I'm ok but I'm very naive when it comes to this kinda stuff. I took ibuprofen yesterday and today and it took the headache away but when they wear off its right back. I'm hoping just taking this one sub to get off these pills won't make it addicted to them but everyone and everything I've read says one sub isn't going to do that

You wont actually needany more than 0.5mg per day from here on out. Justtake 0.5mg a day to stretch it out longer, and work on creating a support system with a therapist and self help groups and such. You wont find much successin recovery and will miss out on the best it has to offer unless you do, plus youll eventually relapse. So find some good meetings and start interviewing potential therapists.

Im really glad to hear youe doing well. Perhaps ut would be good to treat yourself to a tasty snack like a healthy smoothie or fresh fruit juice drink to reward yourself for only taking one 0.5mg piece today?

Well don't praise me yet cause the day isn't over. You will be happy to know my first piece melted like butter on a hot pan lol ??? I'm as we speak laying on bed cause I keep catching my eyes drooping like I see heroin addicts do:( That keeps me from taking another piece cause no matter how many pills I ever did I never had droopy eyes, that makes me very upset. I am going to my first meeting tomorrow, it's 45 minutes away cause I can't go to the one near my house for fear someone will see me... I made one huge step.... I told someone, besides you guys. I called a friend who I've been friend with since we were kids and spilled my guts, it was very hard to do but I did it, I admitted I was an addict, told her I've been hiding this for over a year and at the end of the conversation she offered to come with me tomorrow! I feel better, I felt relief after telling you guys, like I finally lifted a weight off me and telling her was even better... This has been a very lonely year, even thou I have a great job, great family and all that jazz I was still very alone.... This drooping of my eyes is annoying!!! I'm fine if I'm moving around but the minute I sit down so do my eyes ?

Keep up the good work, you do deserve praise indeed for what youre doing. Seeiously, pat yourself on the back and then masterbate or have sex with your partner. You are awesome buddy! Keep doing what youre doing and youll be fine.

Make sure you use this time on bupe to start looking into finding a good meeting or two, cause youll need them once the medicine wears off, especially for the first three to six months.

I read the original post. I just suggest subutex because the naloxone may make you sick, and you may need to be on longer if you are in danger of relapse.

You are indeed doing very well. Just making the step to try to stop is an incredible accomplishment! You need to reward yourself or recovery will become something that you dislike.

Your eyes are doopy because bupe is incredibly potent. One thing that worked for me to keep from nodding at the end of the night was getting daily exercise. I would just walk around the neighborhood and it would get my energy going.

I would suggest trying out a few different meetings. They are all different, and generally the people are different.

That is awesome that you told a friend. Unburdening yourself is incredibly helpful in recovery. I would suggest just be careful who you tell it to because some people are not very understanding.

Oh trust me I won't be telling anyone else, I picked her because she has told me things she only trusted me with, we have a bond all these years later.
My meeting is later today but I will take your advice and look for different ones also.
Today I don't have droopy eyes but I only took one ( of 16 ) piece today. I'm off this weekend so I'll be riding bikes with my youngest and swimming so hopefully that will help if I get droopy eyes:(
I'm very proud of myself, I always thought I was weak minded, that those pills would forever control my life but I was wrong! Im in control damn it! I started at the gym ( 45 minutes and I thought I was dying lol ) im 45 but in decent shape, I changed my diet completely ( which is tough cause I'm a nurse and eat when we are slow and usually eat a candy bar or something ) and I completely changed my thought process. My main reason for using was the energy those pills gave me but guess what? It's ok to be tired once in awhile, I don't have to be full of energy 24/7, I'm human!!!!!
You don't realize how much I appreciate just seeing you guys reply to my crazy posts!

Not crazy, weird. And the best kind of weird if you hear ehat I'm say'n :)

The nodding may be due to what they call the honeymoon phase of buprenorphine induction. When you first start taking buprenorphine you experience some minor euphoria while the brain adjusts to it. Enjoy it while it lasts, it's temporary like everything. You may be able to avoid the headaches by spitting out the bupe saliva mixture instead of swallowing it after it has absorbed. It could be caused by the naloxone.
A short term low dose bupe taper should not involve any honeymoon phase or noticeable narcotic effects. This is not maintenance nor is it stabilization. If anyone is doing a quick taper and finds they feel a compete lack of WD or even feel intoxicated they are taking to much.

Oh trust me I won't be telling anyone else, I picked her because she has told me things she only trusted me with, we have a bond all these years later.
My meeting is later today but I will take your advice and look for different ones also.
Today I don't have droopy eyes but I only took one ( of 16 ) piece today. I'm off this weekend so I'll be riding bikes with my youngest and swimming so hopefully that will help if I get droopy eyes:(
I'm very proud of myself, I always thought I was weak minded, that those pills would forever control my life but I was wrong! Im in control damn it! I started at the gym ( 45 minutes and I thought I was dying lol ) im 45 but in decent shape, I changed my diet completely ( which is tough cause I'm a nurse and eat when we are slow and usually eat a candy bar or something ) and I completely changed my thought process. My main reason for using was the energy those pills gave me but guess what? It's ok to be tired once in awhile, I don't have to be full of energy 24/7, I'm human!!!!!
You don't realize how much I appreciate just seeing you guys reply to my crazy posts!
Sounds like some major progress. Keep up the good work. Just remember that if you take 1 mg of bupe each day by the third day you have over 2 mg's in your system. 2mg of sub in my opinion is almost as strong as the 50 mg of hydro you are trying to stop. Maybe doses of 200-500 mcg much would be more appropriate. 1 mg per day is almost twice the amount given to stage 4 cancer patients who require around the clock pain management. I have watched chronic pain patients comfortably adjust between 25 mcg/hr fent patches to 10 mcg/hr butrans with little if any WD symptoms. I would make sure your last dose is well below 0.5 mg.

Last edited: