• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using Suboxone for 3 day detox

I have a question and have no idea how to work this site so who knows where this will post... Ok here we go! I have a year addiction to 5/325 Vicodin, I started taking what the prescription said but at this point I take anywhere from 10-14 pills a day, so at my max 60 milligrams. I'm done, I hate it, I don't get a buzz anymore, I don't get relief from the tailbone injury I have and for the first time in a year admitted to myself that I am an addict. Here's my problem, no one knows, when I say no one I mean no one. I've hid it for a very long time, I'm a nurse, I'm a mom, im a regular person but I'm a addict.
I have 20 pills left and one 8mg suboxone, my question is..... HOW DO I DETOX WITH ONE SUB???? No I can't get more, this is all I have. Is there a way to take this sub, make it last to get me through the wds and me be me? I can't just lay around for days, I don't take any other medications and I have kids, I don't mind being tired or uncomfortable... Can someone give me a plan? A idea? Something? I really would appreciate it

Can you hold onto your pills and stick to a schedule? Or should you have someone dole them out to you?

I have a question and have no idea how to work this site so who knows where this will post... Ok here we go! I have a year addiction to 5/325 Vicodin, I started taking what the prescription said but at this point I take anywhere from 10-14 pills a day, so at my max 60 milligrams. I'm done, I hate it, I don't get a buzz anymore, I don't get relief from the tailbone injury I have and for the first time in a year admitted to myself that I am an addict. Here's my problem, no one knows, when I say no one I mean no one. I've hid it for a very long time, I'm a nurse, I'm a mom, im a regular person but I'm a addict.
I have 20 pills left and one 8mg suboxone, my question is..... HOW DO I DETOX WITH ONE SUB???? No I can't get more, this is all I have. Is there a way to take this sub, make it last to get me through the wds and me be me? I can't just lay around for days, I don't take any other medications and I have kids, I don't mind being tired or uncomfortable... Can someone give me a plan? A idea? Something? I really would appreciate it
With a tolerance of 40-60 mg oxy or even hydro 1 mg of buprenorphine should be enough to hold you. Take the 8 mg tab of sub and divide it into 8 doses. Then the last day try and take 0.5 mg. I find 2 mg of suboxone far surpasses the narcotic effects from 50mg of hydro. If you taper first with the hydro and then take more then a certain amount of suboxone you will actually be backtracking or extremely intoxicated. Do you CWE the hydro or actually take over 4 grams of APAP each day? I remember the fear of liver damage always kept me back from eating more then 6 lortabs.

Last edited:
The pills will be gone tonight. I took 10 yesterday and I'll finish them today... When do I start the sub? How do I take it? I sound stupid cause I am when it comes to subs. Do I cut it in 8 pieces? I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with this cause I'm clueless

12 to 24 hours after your last full agonist opiate dose
Cut it however you want as long as you're getting the right dose

There's actually a website with a flow chart that lets you guage the severity of your wd symptoms, so you can avoid pwd when switching to subs and know a rough estimate on how long you have to wait

I actually take two 5/325 pills every few hours, total of 10-12 a day I never go over 12.... Yesterday I took 10 and today will be the same with the last pill around 9 tonight... When do I start the sub? 8 pieces? How many pieces per day? How many days? I'm sorry I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm clueless to the sub!

I'd wait a good 20 hours but it's different for everyone
Just wait till your in full blown wd and take a small dose

I wouldn't take over 6mg a day, after you make the transition you'll even be able to lower your dose and hopefully jump off
gl

Bill, how many days should I make this one sub last? I'm cutting it into 8 pieces? I won't take my first piece till I'm in full blown withdrawls

Start low with just 1 or 2mg and work your way up until your stable

There's a truck load of info on this site
I'd start with the sub mega thread

Cheyenne, if you need to work or not be sick tomorrow I wouldnt bother taking that last pill tonight. If you took ten this morning... by the time tomorrow morning comes you should be sick enough to take suboxone. I agree with (whomever) ... cut it into 8 pieces and take one piece, wait maybe 45 minutes, see how you feel. Now, take as little as you can in order to go about your day whjle experiencing minimal wd symptoms. If you need ome more milligram, take it (sublingually is fine). The next day take 1-2mg, half mg the next. All that said, if you wake up and feel OKAY at any point in time... take nothing. Take ibuprofen for body aches and pains, if you have gabapentin or clonidine-use those as needed. I hope. You can get through this (you CAN!!).

Edit: work it out so you take your last vicodin/s 16-24hrs before you wake up, so when you wake up you are sick and can dose. Thats what i always try to do.

I take 10-12 5/325 pills between 6a and 9p.... Is it weird I'm excited to take my last pill??? I honestly want to be done. One year and 4 days I've been on these pills, I know people take more milligrams then me and for longer periods of time but to me it doesn't matter, a habit is a habit!!!! I'm going to cut my strip tonight so I'm ready, I called NA a county over and I'm going to a meeting on Friday and this Friday that just passed I joined the gym, I even started eating better! I really really want to post next week at this time and tell you guys how well I'm doing!

Cool it'll be worth it, I promise
I'll check back...

I so appreciate that Bill! When I say no one knows I honestly mean no one! You just giving a shit to reply means a TON to me:)

How many milligrams of opiates did you take per day? I just took my last Vicodin ( my choice ) today and I have one 8g sub I'm going to cut into 8 pieces and use for four days to stay off the pills. Never used a sub before so I got a lot of advise on here how to use it. For me I had a year long habit of 5/325 hydrocodone and I took 10-12 pills a day so at my max I took 60 milligrams a day.
Any advise you can give I'd appreciate on your experience

Bill!!!! Took my last pill at 8pm! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! No one prepared me on how tiny the sub actually is ( don't worry I didn't take it yet I just opened it to see what it looked like lol )!!!! I'm so naive when it comes to this stuff.... I'll be posting like a lunatic tomorrow ? And I won't take my first piece till I'm in complete withdrawl

You're finished with the pills at 8 PM? Good, those are out of the picture now! Best thing you could do now is try and fall asleep. In the morning score your withdrawal symptoms using the COWS. According to the scale you should induct sometime between 8 AM and 8 PM. Try not to jump the gun if possible. I have a feeling you will do fine. This should be a piece of cake, 60 mg of hydrocodone is not that much in the larger scheme of things.

Do you really think I'll be ok???? I'm excited yet nervous!!!! I'll try to go as long as I can before I take a piece of the sub. Ok one more time... I'm cutting this into 16 pieces??? Or 8? Holy shit my brain is going to explode before the withdrawls even start lol!!!! I'm up at 6am for work so I'm heading to bed now! I appreciate your reply FLA more then you know!!!

16. That will give you 16 .5 mg doses. Bupe is powerful, just not very euphoric. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to cut it without being rushed. You may not be thinking as clearly later. Try not to obsess on the situation. Just trust everything will be allright and get a good night's sleep. That is always important. Let us know how you're doing.

16. That will give you 16 .5 mg doses. Bupe is powerful, just not very euphoric. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to cut it without being rushed. You may not be thinking as clearly later. Try not to obsess on the situation. Just trust everything will be allright and get a good night's sleep. That is always important. Let us know how you're doing.

Money.

My 16 pieces are by far even but they are pretty close.... Can I take Ativan if needed when I start the sub? It's 7a and I don't feel good but nothing unbearable yet.