• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using Suboxone for 3 day detox

When I was in rehab, this April of 2012, the clinical staff attempted a different kind of suboxone detox with me...it took 3 days and worked better then any detox I've ever gone through... if anyone is looking for a better way to quicker way then please contact me.... I'm not a doctor I'm not telling you what you should and shouldnt do...I just wanna let you know what I went through and if you determine that you'd like to try it yourself based on my experience then that is entirely up to you

how do I contact you?

Yes I did this on my own one time about 3 year back but have found myself in a much worse situation with a much larger monkey on my back please CONTACT me and let me know what the taper was as im starting one tomorrow or the next day. Please help thanks again

what a jerkoff, "hey I have this great way" and then disappear. Internet is filled with jerkoffs like that.

Or he didn't stay clean..... I know I have a few aborted quit attempts out there on internet land. Some here too I believe.

When I was in rehab, this April of 2012, the clinical staff attempted a different kind of suboxone detox with me...it took 3 days and worked better then any detox I've ever gone through... if anyone is looking for a better way to quicker way then please contact me.... I'm not a doctor I'm not telling you what you should and shouldnt do...I just wanna let you know what I went through and if you determine that you'd like to try it yourself based on my experience then that is entirely up to you

Yeah I'm interested as to what technique you're talking about too, post it please.:)

Not got an exact date set for my detox yet but I know it's going to be starting almost exactly at the beginning of June, give or take a day or two. I'm doing a frontloaded cold turkey. I'm stable on 24mg of bupe, I then get one day of 32mg bupe, 16mg the next day, and the day after that no opiates and switching to my detox meds (lofexidine, buscopan, promethazine, zolpidem, paracetamol and maybe one or two other bits and pieces). It's going to be shiiiity, but it will get my arse off this shit.

Hey buddy I'm gonna post what I literally just did myself and what I think you wanna hear because me and you wanted to do things a very similar way. I'm copying texts I sent to a buddy recently so ignore my writing style as it was i rented for him to read but applies here. Like you I wanted to detox similar, Ive gotten clean off and on numerous time all but this last time the ole fashioned way. The last thing I had to come off of was, a two week binge of smoking H doing on average a .2-3 of h a day sometimes alil more sometimes alil less. Im resilient then a lot when it comes to withdrawls most have them worse then me. I also did not want to do subs for long to avoid sub withdrawl and after 3 days my withdrawls with nothing are bearable. Everyone is different from needing to tweek my theory a bit to it not working for sum people. Like I said I seem to withdrawl not as hard as most, I have a fat metabolism im a 23 year old usually active male and I go long periods of being sober longest I stayed on H or oxy is 2-4 weeks. Like you I could not find a thread giving me info I wanted for this detox, most say to take longer, but I do not believe I needed that, also most rehabs give subs for acute withdrawals for 3-10 days in my research and my gf went to a nice one in Cali same schedule 3-10 days. Okay after all that here is what I did, when I say I promise you will feel a certain percent better on a certain day void that because it was meant for my buddy who is very similar to me.

First day 24 hrs after you get high never go earlier then 24 hrs since the last high can fuck you up. Any way get high at like 8pm. 8pm the next day put 2 mg under your tounge let dissolve for 15-20 min. 1 hr later after the first 2 mg, snort an 8th of a pill let it sit in you nose for as long as possible. Go to bed you'll be fine. 2 nd day take 2 mg 1hr after you wake up under the tounge. Every 3-4 hrs snort a 16 th of a pill. Only snort 3 times though making sure the last time you snort is 2 hrs before you go to bed. 3rd day take 1 mg 6hrs after waking up. 4th day snort 1/16 before bed. This work for me and I dont get restless syndrome or cold sweats. Also a really really good thing is to get 1 mg of xannex for day 2-3. It helps extremely for sleep it puts you out but you wake up fine the next day take 2-3 hrs before bed. Also from day 1-3 take ibrofen 400 mg after breakfast and 400mg 4-6hrs later. You also need to get your hands on a multivitamin helps a lot rebuilds all the shit you fuck up way way faster take one once a day for day 1-7. If you follow this guide I promise you it works you feel 80% normal day 1-3 day four 85% normal and day 5 89% better. It takes 7 days to get over the main shit after day 5 its all mental just rebuilding dopamine and shit so you feel a lil down and stuff but physical is gone 100% by day 4 or 5.

List,
(2) 8 mg suboxone/subutex pill/strip. They can be mixed same thing.

2mg of xannex

(12) 200 mg ibuprofen (helps a lot!)

(7) daily multi vitamins

* note suboxone put under tounge or snorted must dissolve minimum 15 min without swallowing spit or swallowing drips. Your stomach acid 100% destroys suboxone or subutex. It must absorb through blood vessels under tongue or nose. Like I said this is what I did and it worked for me, everyone is different don't quote me on it, my experience and my research I always advise doing your own dont ever take one persons idea, I research a lot and take the average of things said and equate what I know about myself to produce my own solution. Day 6 try to start a very easy exercise regiment slowly increasing everyday, help build dopamine n stuff and make you feel better, get used to a more active life and will help you keep your mind off relapsing. Gl

Excuse my spelling miss types I'm typing very fast on an iPhone 5, just trying to not take all day to type it out, I re read it. It is weird in a few spots in the beginning but if you read it, it will make sense your mind will fix the mistakes as they are simple and the rest of the writing more then gives clues as too what I'm saying if I miss typed it.

Unrelated in a way but something I see in a lot of posts like this. Id like to address weed and cigarette use during the first 7 days of your withdrawal. 1st weed a lot of people going through withdrawls like to use weed to help. for sum people weed can raise the blood pressure and induce panic attacks, most people it doesn't. However while going through withdrawals your heart rate and anxiety can get very high. Sum react fine to smoking weed and can smoke however much they want. But some people including myself only while withdrawals are present , who smoke weed can cause your heart rate to get very uncomfortably high and induce a panic attack which in return raises the blood pressure. So if you do not know how you will react I advise if you want to try smoking weed to take a very medium hit, every 5-10 min and see how it effects you. Like I said only sum experience this and after withdrawals are gone I can smoke is much as I please. 2nd cigs, like I said your heart rate can go up during withdrawals most ppls do, so me myself I try to smoke as little cigs as possible, if you smoke. I suggest only smoking a quarter of a cig at a time waiting at least 45-1hr between quarters of a cig the longer and the less the better, but this at minimum makes my heart rate stay below a level that if smoke more is uncomfortable to me for about 30min to lower back down. Just trying to give you everything that applies to my life and what I've noticed works for me. Thats what most of us searching these threads is some people who have a decent knowledge through personal experience on whats posted. To help decide what may work for yourself.

Emeillia again seeking advice regarding drug alcohol programme had a bad addiction for 10 years speed coke ectasy. Was a horrible time thinking I was never going to get off drugs. Met my second husband who was more on the recreational side of things. We had our party weekends but he was very controlled he had a good job and played footy. I found it difficult to curb my addiction but eventually got better but still weekends went back to work full time. 2nd year got married then decided to have another child. Thought the rock was in the past just dabbled if we went out. Fell pregnant no smoking drinking a couple glasses of wine. When lill was born I started drinking again of a night. It wasn't moderate. My husband didn't drink. Seldom had drugs those days. Neighbors moved in introduced us to ice we had had it but only half a dozen times. Straight away I was on every day hubby week ends he didn't no what I was doing. Spending thousands it came to ahead I admitted it wasn't addressed I was working. We started fighting badly he was on line having sex. Poor Lilly was seeing all this anyway police court orders violence. I was on for 8 months everyday took off on our 7th wedding anniversary with lill he is a mad stalker very controlling was in refuge 16 weeks cold Turkey Xanax. He found us then moved to the country. We have been having contact again the police took order out on me and daughter. He has managed to still have job. The house is being sold I smashed my 45 grand car no insurance. Gotta a beautiful 19 year old daughter Emily did all this with her growing up. Lost a house then too with my 1st husband. Back on every couple of weeks 2 days up. I have to stop for good and alcohol pls when does this end. My husband has a bad habit but wants to stop.

I have to stop for good and alcohol pls when does this end.

When you decide you really want to stop, accept that you are an addict at your core and then ask for help. That starts the process.

I have my own personal experiences with withdrawing, ive withdrawed from months- a year of smoking H and taking oxys, and any kind of pain medications. And ive also withdrawed from only taking pills for one month, and withdrawed from smoking H for only 2 weeks.

-withdraws from pain pills, are worse than withdraws from H!
Ive withdrawed from both at separate times, and my gosh, i had took roxys, opanas, for like 3 weeks straight and
They were far worse, like wayy worse than withdrawing from only H!

If your having to withdraws from a long period of time from opiates, the best way i know is to start suboxone like it describes- waiting 24hrs before taking your first sub.
After like 5 days of taking the subs, you stop taking those and you wait ( however long it takes to get out of your system) and you actually on the day the suboxone is all out of your system you will take anykind of hydrocodine pill, ( vicodine, norko, lortab, etc..) and lets say you have 10 norko 10mg. Pills only ( you dont need more than 15 of them) and what your wanting to do is just everyday take less and less MG.!
Example: on first day, you only take 4 norkos, second say, only 2 1/2 norkos, third day you take, 2 norkos, last day, you take rest of them.

This worked good for me, and everybody else i know who did this as well.! But everyone does take withdraws different, either way you need to want to get clean, if you want to do it, you can. Just be positive, and focus on whatever your looking forward to after your clean and clear from withdraws!

Now, from only using opiates for less than 2 weeks, i say just go through what withdraws are coming your way. Like me, i knew what to expect and i get everything prepared to do so! Also, our brain is very powerful and we all know withdraw symptoms are similar to those with the flu, i always think like i just have the flu!!

Good Luck to you all!
-Xoxo

I've been reading these forums for about 2 years now just to get an idea of what other people are currently going through.

Here is my story.

I spent most if not all of my childhood worrying. Worrying about my parents fighting and walking up to screaming and violence, spending all their money on drugs or my grandparents getting sick and losing them. I maintained my composure till about 19, I got great grades, got a full scholarship for swimming and was on my way to medical school.

Around that time, alcohol was prevalent, and I started dabbling in pot smoking. I was always able to control the drinking but I started favoring the weeds. It relaxed me for the most part but also caused my goals to fade and anxiety to increase. Spent about 2 years smoking on and off until I finally realized it was making me ill(actually allergic to the smoke) and that all my goals had left. My grandparents ended up getting sick, as did I within the same year, basically everything that could possibly go wrong did that year.

Then I found a white round pill. I was familiar with this pill only because of friends in high school. I grabbed one of those pills(they were easy to find from all the surgeries my family had had that year) swallowed it with a glass of OJ and went to play my video game. Within about 20 minutes warmth began to creep through my veins, reality twisted to a life that seemed worth much more and my fears faded. My hunger grew over the years for these white discs that made me feel right. As my hunger grew so did the lack of my control. My habit was not as bad as most but at times I was doing 140mg daily of oxycodone for months on end. I was able to maintain my composure in society (work, life) as long as I had my opiate. I felt unstoppable. Until I was removed from heaven and placed directly in hell. Withdrawal. It's amazing how you can have one hand in heaven and the other in hell at the same time. I was able to stop, only for awhile. Alcohol flowed freely, as did depression(PAWS). Every taste of alcoholic euphoria drew me back. By this time I had moved from Arizona to New Mexico to ensure my addiction wouldn't rise from the ashes of hell. With one search I found something but not what I was looking for. Heroin. I stepped back into a hell that was masked as heaven. 8 months went by as did 1 gram straight from the vein to the heart daily. My grandparents were a mess.

I decided I needed to stop but the fear surfaced. I love my grandparents so much and couldn't stand to watch them watch me. Would I ever feel normal and could I stand to live in hell for a week? How can I give up something that makes me feel like a normal human.

So here I am. I was luck enough to spend my week of hellish withdrawals with my loving grandparents in Hawaii. Away from my source, away from my addiction for 2 weeks. I left Albuquerque with 40 10mg Vic's and 3 2mg Suboxone tablets. I spent the first 3 and 1/2 days in a heavy light withdrawal. Even with taking 10 Vic's a day. RLS, achy, sleeplessness. The Vic's did nothing but make it a bit more bearable. By day 4 I was out. I felt like death within 6 hours of my last hydro dose. I was so inclined to make punctures in my legs to take my focus off of the restlessness. Anxiety, sweats, shivers, utter hell. Diarrhea started and I was 28 hours without any opiate In my system. I took 4mg of Suboxone yesterday and 2mg about 2 hours ago. Going onto day 6 with only 6mg circulating I actually feel normal. I've been very active since I've been here and have drank a bunch of water. Not to mention the constant sweating from the 90F no AC, humid weather. I don't know what tomorrow holds. I am hoping this plan worked to my advantage since I felt withdrawal symptoms since about 18 hours after my last heroin dose (1/4g)I did do 1 week of 8 Vic's daily and 1 week of 1g a day prior to my effort to quit. I'm 26, male with a pretty quick metabolism. I'll have to let you all know what tomorrow brings. Cheers!

Last edited:
Update: hour 27 since 2mg of Suboxone use. Walked 3 miles today. Legs slightly tight, runny nose (can't be sure if it's w/d due to chain smoking for the last 3 days) slight anxiety, worst is craving. Day 6.5 since last slam. I'll know in 24 hours the extent of withdrawals to come. But I feel like I dodged a bullet of withdrawals with above method. Z-drugs(3days) help greatly for sleep. Forward: only multi vitamins, water, exercise, v root extract for sleep and cyclobenzaprine for aches. No other drugs. Can't drink alcohol, massive hang overs and it brings out my taste for opiates.

This helped too...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHVXNfihKPI

Last edited:
Update: 50 hour since Suboxone, 7.1 days since last slam(1g daily) Got about 5.5 hours of sleep last night. Restless arms and slight anxiety before bed, took about 1h to fall asleep. Diphenhydramine and v root extract seemed to help a bunch. Today I'm just craving, slight jitter every hour, tight legs but over all I'm ok. No GI symptoms. Above method proving to be simplest w/d yet. No vomiting, only 1 day of GI symptoms. Cheers and hope this helped someone out there.

Thanks! :). Update: going onto day 8. Last night was the worst night I've had trying to fall asleep wise. Took about 3hs, then passed out for about 5. Muscle relaxer seemed to help slightly. Woke up kinda cloudy but over all ok. Most of the tremors are gone, legs tight, some cravings but bearable. Seems like the worst is over, have about 15 percent more to feel all normal. Cheers!

"The second you let it become a part of you, you'll never forget it no matter what you do."

Update: about 7.5 days off of the 6mg Suboxone used for detox. Defiantly dodged the hardcore w/d bullet. Insomnia is by far the worse part of it with occasional restless legs/arms. I naturally have ADD so being restless was just intensified 3 fold. Getting about 3 hours of sleep each night. I'd defiantly use any prescription sleep aids every other day if you only have a few, they seemed too help the first 3 nights but then ran out. Energy is almost back despite lack of sleep. Even surfed for a few hours yesterday. Acquired a sunburn, paired with the hot sticky weather(from AZ so not used to no AC and humidity) made getting sleep awful. Not sure if the muscle relaxers even do anything. But the v root extract does have a natural anxiety reducing effect. This Thursday will be 2 weeks clean off dope and today marks a week off suboxone. In conclusion above method works just stay strong and don't let your mind get to you. If you can deal with 1 day of. GI symptoms, about a week of low energy and 2 weeks of horrible sleep you will succeed!

I'm doing it the same way you did. Taking really small doses of Sub, literally just what I need to not feel so horrible that I'm bedridden, and it's working out really well so far. I can definitely feel the heroin detox underneath the Sub, but it's nowhere near what it would be. I think if one is truly ready to quit, and can deal with a small degree of withdrawal symptoms, a super short-term Suboxone taper is pretty much the way to go when it comes to keeping withdrawals to a bare minimum.

Would love an update about how you're doing :)

Update: over 2 weeks without DOC, almost 11days without any suboxone. Energy has fully returned, no other symptoms other than not being able to sleep longer than 6 hours. Most withdrawals were manageable even with just 2 days of suboxone. Getting the strength to get up and do thing helped a bunch but it was a constant battle. Telling myself to go the extra mile. Sleeping has been the most frustrating. I had bad insomnia before all of this but now instead of having trouble falling asleep, I can't stay asleep. I seriously went 5 days with about 12 hours of sleep. It was horrible. That was my only breaking point during the whole process and almost all of the physical withdrawals were gone. Odd random RLS/Arms right before bed during the worst no sleep phase, lasted about 3 out of the 5 days. About 3 days ago I was able to get 5 - 6 hours a night which truly made all the difference. I think if I had some z-drugs it wouldn't have been so bad. It was also awfully hot in the house so that contributed to the no sleep. My appetite has been great, only 2 days of having no appetite. It will be a constant battle to stay away from the stuff. There have been many times I couldn't get it off my mind but there has also been more than a few times that I haven't even thought about it. All in all, if you are able to stay away from the drug, I think this was an awesome method. Was never bed ridden and was able to do things daily. Just find things that give you energy and things that will help ya sleep! Cheers, hope this helped someone out there.

Are you aware how Subs work? They stimulate the same part of your brain as Opiates. Hell, they are opiates.

Doing a 3 day Sub taper will not make your WDs any easier. On the contrary, it will prolong them. And also prolong the time it takes for your brain to heal and repair it's reward pathways. This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile "you can't get addicted to a 8MG strip of Subs". Yes you can! Especially if you literally just got done using dope/oxy. It's just a continuation if your opiate use.

You're just prolonging the inevitable.

Either do a supervised opiate taper or go cold turkey and get a lot of benzos/vitamins/digestive support.

There is NO easy way out of this.