Welcome to Outer Shpongolia!

I love Shpongle. So many films in my head have Shpongle as the soundtrack.=D

I set out for Mu Mu Land tonight and got hideously bloody lost... ressetting coordinates for Outer Shpongolia now!

Check out the album art for their upcoming release:

18951478_10154700582318946_915988012170119225_n.jpg

The new Shpongle is out!

I pre-ordered it and will get a specicial edition CD of Codex VI but I also got a link to Bandcamp where I can stream the whole album.

I'm just starting to listening to the album, I will update this post. I'm super excited to finally hear this album!

Last edited:
Listening right now (sober) and enjoying it. :) I'm very much looking forward to playing this during my next psychedelic trip!

I was a bit disappointed. It quite often sounded like Ott. Now, Ott is a fantastic producer of psychedelic dub but I expected Codex VI to be more deep, trippy and plain weird. It's "easy listening", quite mellow and lot's of dub.

It's a good album, but on the Shpongle scale, it's only better than Nothing Lasts...But Nothing is Lost. All the other Shpongle albums are better than Codex VI. I do enjoy listening to it but I expected more.

Last edited:
There's no bad Shpongle album. Also Nothing lasts...is good :)

I never said there even was a bad Shpongle album, it's just that I'm a bit disappointed with this new one. Especially since I loved Museum Of Consciousness.

Isn't there anyone here who agrees Codex VI sounds a lot like Ott? Too much IMO, even though I love Ott. But I expect Shpongle to be distinct from Ott, quite a lot actually. The problem is that when you start stepping into psychedelic dub territory, Ott is the hallmark for me, and I start comparing the sound to him. And he doesn't lose this round.

There's no bad Shpongle album.

Indeed. :)

Especially since I loved Museum Of Consciousness.

Hmm, I was a bit disappointed with Museum at first to be honest... Although I did grow to like it more with time.

Isn't there anyone here who agrees Codex VI sounds a lot like Ott? Too much IMO, even though I love Ott. But I expect Shpongle to be distinct from Ott, quite a lot actually. The problem is that when you start stepping into psychedelic dub territory, Ott is the hallmark for me, and I start comparing the sound to him. And he doesn't lose this round.

True, Ott is the undisputed king of psychedelic dub, but since I really love that sound, I'm not complaining that Shpongle is experimenting a bit more with it. To me, Codex VI retains enough of the characteristic Shpongle wacky essence that it's a very worthy addition to the discography.