Welcome to Outer Shpongolia!

In my experience, Shpongle show tend to be either relatively cheap and low key (small venue, not too many decorations - but cool people and good music) or pricey but very impressive.

The Shpongletron is a whole different animal.

I saw Shpongle live when they came to Aus at the start of the year, was everything I hoped it to be :)

Very keen to see the shpongletron. The photos and videos look amazing!

I'm not going to see Shpongletron Experience tonight. I just can't get into their videos... it kind of seems like I would only enjoy the show if I was taking psychadelics. as much as I HATE when people don't go to shows because they don't have drugs, I just can't see it being worth going to... I guess it just isn't my style. I donno if anyone can convince me other wise I'd really like to hear it. :)

I'm not going to see Shpongletron Experience tonight. I just can't get into their videos... it kind of seems like I would only enjoy the show if I was taking psychadelics. as much as I HATE when people don't go to shows because they don't have drugs, I just can't see it being worth going to... I guess it just isn't my style. I donno if anyone can convince me other wise I'd really like to hear it. :)

I saw younger brother 2 years ago and I was not rolling but it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Now shpongle is very different (even though designated by the same genius), but I would want to see shpongle even more. There's just something about the vibe...you know that everyone there will be there for simon and the music. No posers, no e-tards (well, maybe a couple), no assholes, no bros, no douches. Everyone there should be some of the best and nicest people the electronic music scene has to offer. I hope you reconsider.

Ehhh. I'm regretting it now for sure. I didn't mean that I need to be on drugs to enjoy a show, as I don't roll or take any drugs anymore really at shows, just that show in particular. Now that I realize the shpongletron experience is a dj set , I am kicking myself.

Yea we had the DJ set in town last night at a bar, tickets were 18$. The bar has limited ceiling space so the set wasn't in full effect. They just put up some white screens behind him, like 20 feet worth, and played the visuals on that.

It was ok visually but I was expecting better. The light show was pretty weak, they really only had one cool light and a few other weak ones. The cool light was real cool though, a long range laser beam that splits into tens of beams, each beam capable of cycling through different colors, lined up with the ceiling so all the beams were reflected off that.

The music though was sick, as our venue is an old brick building with a great stereo and sound acoustics. The hula hoopers were tight but they were the only extras besides Simon. He was pushing the bass pretty hard for a while. I was impressed with some of his mixing from song to song early on in the set. He does some nice stuff when he isn't dancing around on the stage.

And we definitely had the smaller drugged up crowd vibe.

Im debating going to see him in NOLA next Friday at the House Of Blues. Looking on youtube, it looks like it would be a pretty neat show on 2cb.

Is this one of those shows that you need to see once in your life? We never get any acts like this around here.

^YES! You should definitely try to make it to the show, Shpongle is an amazing experience you will not regret.

It is good visuals and great music. His stuff sounds real cool when it is loud...

I'd bring 2cb, a joint and any other substances you might have that will make the music sound even better.

^ Whilst I totally agree, I think it's worth pointing out that you really don't need drugs to enjoy Shpongle. It's blissfully amazing sober too :)

MASSIVE respect for Shpongle. <3

They are one of the only electronic bands / artists that actually employ creative melody and song arrangement into their music. Almost ALL electronic music uses dreadfully simplistic and repetitive chord progressions. Shpongle is MUSIC. Most EDM is funky noise. Same goes for Younger Brother -- really MUSICALLY great electronic stuff. And Ozric Tentacles, and Kaya Project. Can anyone add to that list?

Also, for anyone that needs a dosage of Raja Ram's unbelievable psychedelic love-energy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xktg2ugFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVKSQ5U87n4

I went to a shpongle show in may. It was really good, the only drawback was that he didn't start until 12:30AM. It didn't matter cause I had taken some adderall but 12:30AM is late. It was 18 and up though. He had an amazing set, everyone was going crazy. It was my first Shpongle show, I saw him again at Bonnaroo and it was just as awesome. Shpongle is the first psychedelic artsit I ever listened to, I started my first acid trip to "Are you Shpongled?" a few years ago and it was a beautiful experience.

I would love it if all shows started at 12:30 to be honest. I think that is a perfect time for a show to start. A lot of these Chicago clubs don't have the main act going on until 1:30-2 and its really annoying when the show isn't getting over until 4 am. The next morning is kind of ruined when that happens. I really don't enjoy shpongle's music and would not pay to see him/them by themselves. I hope to catch Shpongle at a festival sometime to see if it changes my mind.

1:30-2 is way too late imo, I don't like the day after to be a fight just to stay awake, esp. if the show is on a week night. I mean, everyone has responsibilities and getting home at 6AM every time isn't exactly a good idea for everyone.