• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Cool. Looking at your method, I can't see anything obviously wrong with it. The tablets are fully dissolving right?

So, I drank the solution and popped 2 more to be safe about half an hour ago, and all I'm feeling now is a buzz. It's a little stronger than usual, but I'm definitely not fully high. Do you think I'm just underestimating my tolerance or something?

^ Seems like the obvious problem to me, maybe time to take a break to get your tolerance down... or just push it until you get high. :\

mr blonde said:
That's at the bottom of my guide that you quoted, it should be updated as originally the only preparations I was aware of that were effervescent were aspirin formulations, but now here in Australia they have an APAP/codeine formulation that is effervescent as well.

if you want to throw in any updates then pm me or whatever and i'll edit them in for you:)

Hey everyone,

I've been pretty into Vicodin lately, and up until now my tolerance has been pretty low. It's taken 3 or 4 vics to get me high up until now, but as my tolerance grows, I'm aware that taking more than 3 or 4 at a time can cause some serious damage because of the Acetaminophen. I've recently tried CWE, and after looking up several different methods online and trying them all, I'm convinced that I'm doing something drastically wrong. I'll describe the process I've been doing:

1. Crush pills (5-6 vics)
2. Dissolve in cold water (about 40ml)
3. Put mixture in bowl, cover, and stick in freezer for half an hour
4. Filter solution and gunk through cloth
5. Filter remaining solution through coffee filter
6. Drink solution

Now, like I said before, it usually takes 4 vics to get me high, but the only thing I've been feeling off of this is a slight buzz, and I've used up to 8 pills in some attempts. I've tried using different amounts of water, different amounts of time in the freezer, different cloths and filters, but to no avail. I have noticed that when I put the mixture in the freezer, the APAP is supposed to separate out on the bottom, but this doesn't happen for me. I've never seen a clear difference between the APAP and the rest of the solution, it all just stays one white liquid.

Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I don't wanna waste the rest of my stash, but I also don't wanna destroy my liver. If possible, would anyone be willing to get on MSN, Yahoo, or AIM and instruct me step-by-step on how to do it correctly? If not, responses on this thread would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

My first advice is to do a chemical extraction. Barring that: make sure you keep it away from light while in solution, use proper equipment (filter papers, buckner funnel, etc), take the time to let it actual settle and siphon off the clear top layer first, ummm look up the solubility of hydrocodone and check it works with cold water? You could also save the gunk and wash it again adding it to your next dose. You could also experiment with more water just once or twice like 100ml which will have a gram of apap and see if that hits the spot >> your 40ml process works you just aren't recovering the liquid.

N+ CWC + Recrystallization?

Ok, I'm new to blue light but have been reading for years, first time I'm stumped and can't find a legit straight answer. So I'm posting. I have 64 N+ tabs that I plan to CWE. My question is, can I evaporate the water after the CWE just to leave codeine in its crystal form ? Is that possible? Say for instance I want to do more than 64, it would be too high of a dose to just drink the solution.(well for me). I heard ethanol would be better because alcohol evaporates much quicker ( this I know), however will it affect the codeine? Also if possible what would be the best method to evaporate off whichever liquid? I was thinking heating a glass petri dish with the solution in it ( very very low heat, i know codeine responds negatively to high temps.)

Srry for any grammar, exact temps and conditions would be cool, if someone has done it before. Thanks, maybe this thread will help with any CWE questions. thanks again, I hope I'm in the right forum, if not, I apologize. :)

should be CWE in the thread title... my bad !!

Last edited:
Welcome to BL! :)

We have a mega-thread for the CWE process. I'll merge this into that thread. I'd recommend reading through that that thread as well, there is a ton of good info there!

Last edited:
Quick question, and I apoligize if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it. I am getting some somas which are 175mg carisoprodol and 325mg paracetamol ( which I guess is the same as acetaminophen.) Is the carisoprodol water soluble so that I could just extract it without eating all of that acetaminophen or would a CWE not work on carisoprodol? Thanks alot

Ok, I'm new to blue light but have been reading for years, first time I'm stumped and can't find a legit straight answer. So I'm posting. I have 64 N+ tabs that I plan to CWE. My question is, can I evaporate the water after the CWE just to leave codeine in its crystal form ? Is that possible? Say for instance I want to do more than 64, it would be too high of a dose to just drink the solution.(well for me). I heard ethanol would be better because alcohol evaporates much quicker ( this I know), however will it affect the codeine? Also if possible what would be the best method to evaporate off whichever liquid? I was thinking heating a glass petri dish with the solution in it ( very very low heat, i know codeine responds negatively to high temps.)

Srry for any grammar, exact temps and conditions would be cool, if someone has done it before. Thanks, maybe this thread will help with any CWE questions. thanks again, I hope I'm in the right forum, if not, I apologize. :)

should be CWE in the thread title... my bad !!

Unfortunately, alcohol would not be a good solution because acetaminophen is much more soluble in alcohol than in water. So, even with perfect filtration you would still end up with too much acetaminophen in your final product.

Common methods people use to evaporate are putting the liquid in a flat glass cake pan and using a hairdryer, or putting it in an oven with the door open on the lowest temperature.

Quick question, and I apoligize if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it. I am getting some somas which are 175mg carisoprodol and 325mg paracetamol ( which I guess is the same as acetaminophen.) Is the carisoprodol water soluble so that I could just extract it without eating all of that acetaminophen or would a CWE not work on carisoprodol? Thanks alot

Unfortunately, carisoprodol is not very soluble at all in water. Its water and alcohol solubility is similar to that of acetaminophen, so without more complex chemistry and solvents they would be very difficult to separate. :(

Unfortunately, alcohol would not be a good solution because acetaminophen is much more soluble in alcohol than in water. So, even with perfect filtration you would still end up with too much acetaminophen in your final product.

Common methods people use to evaporate are putting the liquid in a flat glass cake pan and using a hairdryer, or putting it in an oven with the door open on the lowest temperature.

Unfortunately, carisoprodol is not very soluble at all in water. Its water and alcohol solubility is similar to that of acetaminophen, so without more complex chemistry and solvents they would be very difficult to separate. :(

Thanks dokomo.. I'll use a hairdryer. So recrystallizing the codeine is possible. cool. thanks again

a

I did everything as followed but i was wondering if anyone actually evaporated it and made it into powder because i did all the steps and then evaporated it and i got powder but it was a lime green color.... i used vicodin 7.5 milagram pills. Did i evaporate it right ?? and also the texture was kind of like coconut in a way.. not really like powder.. ive looked around and havent found too much info on the results of evaporation so if someone could help me thanks.

Can you use CWE on straight oc like say the purdue oc's or the 30s malinkroft for iv instead of cooking them or are you not going to get as many mg

I did everything as followed but i was wondering if anyone actually evaporated it and made it into powder because i did all the steps and then evaporated it and i got powder but it was a lime green color.... i used vicodin 7.5 milagram pills. Did i evaporate it right ?? and also the texture was kind of like coconut in a way.. not really like powder.. ive looked around and havent found too much info on the results of evaporation so if someone could help me thanks.

The texture may be affected by binders and fillers that are soluble, as well as the small amounts of substance that made it through the filter. Not sure why it is lime green...

Can you use CWE on straight oc like say the purdue oc's or the 30s malinkroft for iv instead of cooking them or are you not going to get as many mg

You shouldn't cook something you are planning on injecting, and using a micron filter would be far more appropriate then a coffee filter or shirt as is used for a CWE.

so i have a question regarding CWE of alot of vicodins
today I did a CWE of 40 Vicodin 10/650s
As a preliminary filter I used a cut up cotton shirt because there was such a massive amount of paracetamol that it probably wouldn't work had I gone straight to a coffee filter.
Then I put it through a coffee filter twice and ended up with a nice clear green solution (the pills are green)

how would you do a CWE for such a large number of pills? please go into detail
thank you everyone! i love bluelight and errbody in it!

I do a CWE on 184 tablets usually, I dissolve them in two cups with plenty of water so that it is not too sludgy, then filter through a business shirt. The shirt is wet prior, and I squeeze it so that everything gets through. Then I drink it.

It's not that hard, you just have to make sure you are using enough water that it's not too hard to work with. I usually start with 100ml, if that isn't enough I add tiny amounts more from the tap until I think it's good to go.

^a key term here is "enough water"

100ml is fine as it only contains what a gram of acetaminophen getting through.
If you start using half a liter though then the amount goes up to 5g which is a little over the top.

You shouldn't cook something you are planning on injecting, and using a micron filter would be far more appropriate then a coffee filter or shirt as is used for a CWE.[/QUOTEwell I wouldn't be filtering it like a normal cold water extraction since there no tylenol I currently crush he oc put it in a spoon ad water and cook then filter thru cotton and shoot I'm say should I or I mean could I just put the crushed pill in the spoon then add ice waterand mix it and let it sit for ten minutes will all Tue mgs still go intothe water or will the oc not mix into the water as good and i won't shoot S many mgs although t it is safer? Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated

^ You shouldn't heat up any solution made from a pill that you are planning on shooting. It will just put more of the insoluble particles into solution that you don't want.

Just using cold water should be OK, but try and get a micron filter and use that instead of cotton. This isn't the injection thread though, you should try posting there.