• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

So 128mg's of codeine total, correct? If Paramol is also codeine, it's barely any higher a dosage.

Well, it's about 38mg's more than the previous dose, and you were fine with that, so I'd think you'd be fine, despite the low tolerance since it's not that much of an increase. you aren't in danger of overdoing, and doing a CWE is the right idea. If you're worried you might get a bit too high, you could reduce it by a couple/few pills.

I've never been able to get cwe right for some reason...
Maybe it's just the quality of pills we get here?
Codeine 10mg with paracetamol 450mg.

Very welcome, Exotic. Better to ask and be sure, than not ask and potentially find yourself in a bad spot or worse.

And BITS, I've never done one, personally. I haven't taken any opioids with APAP or Aspirin included in a long time, and back when I did, I wasn't aware of CWE, but my dosages were generally low enough that overdoing the APAP wouldn't have been much concern. By the time I was taking hefty doses of opioids, I was using instant release oxycodone mostly, before moving onto the more available, much less expensive heroin (like an idiot).

∆∆
Been there done that but I would actually love to know if it's me that's doing it wrong or the pills we get here.....

I should point out that Paramol ISN'T codeine. It dihyrocodeine (DHC) plus paracetamol. Weight for weight, DHC is about 1.5 times as strong as codeine. So the 16 8mg codeines = 128mg and the 12 Paramol with 7.5mg DHC x 12 = 90mg = 90 x 1.5 codeine equiv = 135mg codeine equivalent. So no meaninful change in dose. It is worth remembering that DHC is stronger than codeine though.

I should point out that Paramol ISN'T codeine. It dihyrocodeine (DHC) plus paracetamol. Weight for weight, DHC is about 1.5 times as strong as codeine. So the 16 8mg codeines = 128mg and the 12 Paramol with 7.5mg DHC x 12 = 90mg = 90 x 1.5 codeine equiv = 135mg codeine equivalent. So no meaninful change in dose. It is worth remembering that DHC is stronger than codeine though.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I figured OP would have said something after I'd said "if it's also codeine" in regards to Paramol.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I figured OP would have said something after I'd said "if it's also codeine" in regards to Paramol.
That's actually my bad haha I should've said that paramol is dihydrocodeine.

Also, everything went smoothly, I did the 16 pills last night and I got an amazing high from it :D

Here's a bit of bluelight harm reduction vibe - not being judgemental, just reporting what happened to me. If you do CWE carefully you can certainly avoid paracetamol poisoning and have a great experience, but do remember what you are dealing with after the paracetamol is gone (opiates). I've been enjoying doing CWE for quite a few years, but it is clear to me that it is still perfectly possible to get addicted, to develop a tolerance, and to have trouble with withdrawal - this is still a dangerous pursuit. Just bear it in mind. I'd got up to doing about 600mg codeine equivalent (a mixture of Paramol CWE and codeine phosphate tablets) about three times a week with smaller doses (still a couple of hundred mg) most other days. I'd built up to this from initially just doing CWE one day every other weekend and taking codeine as prescribed (actually a lot less than 'as prescribed' which was, and still is, 240mg a day). Eventually just a day or two without high doses left me feeling pretty sick (really not nice - terrible guts, shivers, exhaustion). I'm currently off recreational CWE and doing about 100mg a day, partially for pain and partially (at least at first) to keep the sickness at bay. As they used to say on Hill Street Blues - 'Be careful out there!' Just because you are doing simple things to over the counter meds don't be fooled into thinking you aren't dealing with dangerous drugs that will make you sick and which are very difficult to control.

(BTW I'm near enough drawing my pension and have been doing drugs since my early teens, so I guess my personal harm reduction has worked reasonably well. Opiates are seriously lovely but also seriously easy to get into trouble with. Never had as much trouble with coke or speed despite having dealt both in an earlier, wilder, stage of life. Hallucinogens are no trouble at all apart from driving you mad if you do too much acid and are already in a fragile mental state (especially the brown acid - ha ha ha)).

Last edited:
I've never been able to get cwe right for some reason...
Maybe it's just the quality of pills we get here?
Codeine 10mg with paracetamol 450mg.

Should work just fine. I've done successful CWE with tablets that were 8mg codeine in 500mg paracetamol. When I was doing it regularly I'd use an electric coffee grinder for the crushing, an IR remote thermometer for the temperature check, and a Buchner funnel and vacuum flask for the filtering. Overkill, but I could get crystal clear results even when there was some ibuprophen in the mix. All pretty cheap to buy from ebay or amazon.

Hey, guys! I have noticed that after you do an extraction and leave the filtering agent to dry up there are these brown/beige spots left on them. As far as I know codeine is brown in its pure form, do you think that there's some left in them? It doesn't look like mold, because they usually look like little coffee stains at the bottom or the side of the paper. Would it make sense to soak these papers in water and then use the water for a CWE?

It would be better to just "wash" the filters at the time with a little fresh very cold water. I don't know what those brown spots are, but I really doubt it's codeine.

If you soaked those filters, the water would just be full of paracetemol/APAP and excipients, all the stuff you, you know, filtered.

Really, once you're done, you can just throw the filters away.

Be careful OP in how you are phrasing your threads. You've done nothing wrong, but we don't like our content to focus around themes like "How can I get the most high, the fastest, the cheapest etc". We do not actively discourage drug use, but we certainly do not encourage it either. Try to frame your threads with the idea of safety and HR being the paramount subjects.
I find this ridiculous not you Kiev because you obviously don't make the rules but everyone wants too get high as effective and cost free as possible I don't see what pretending we don't want to get high accomplishes except for a tiny bit of face value

By the way just to add a bit to this great thread I think the dhc in my experience doesn't start effecting you until you have got sort of used to it if that makes sense idk but I have used it over 30 times probably in the last two years from cwe and occasionaly those pure dhc tabs and it always was mild as fuk I never understood what all the bloody hype was about "paramol" but the last few times omg it'd hit me so good I mean I still prefer codeine but the dhc feels different to what it used to like my body is used to it and can effectively metabolise it or something I don't really know much about that stuff but it defo feels like it has been effecting me like it should.

I find this ridiculous not you Kiev because you obviously don't make the rules but everyone wants too get high as effective and cost free as possible I don't see what pretending we don't want to get high accomplishes except for a tiny bit of face value

All of us either want the best high for our money, or never to get high again and not suffer for that, or just money. And you well know that a lot of people think that attitude is wrong and even morally evil. And guess what? Those people write the laws and enforce them, harshly. They're busybodies too, with all that sobriety.

The idea of hanging out here watching for signs of dealing or hookups or sharing advice on how to break those laws makes them all excited and hard. Even better is depraved stuff that confirms their beliefs that we use drugs because we don't love Jesus enough, or we're Democrats, or we're gay. They can print out a post that says how to beat a urinalysis, and go to the PTA meeting and wave it around and call for new laws to shut stuff like this down.

So, it may only be for appearance sometimes, but it's pretty important. Anyway, don't do it in OD, that's the sort of quick dealing that BDD is for.

By the way just to add a bit to this great thread I think the dhc in my experience doesn't start effecting you until you have got sort of used to it if that makes sense idk but I have used it over 30 times probably in the last two years from cwe and occasionaly those pure dhc tabs and it always was mild as fuk I never understood what all the bloody hype was about "paramol" but the last few times omg it'd hit me so good I mean I still prefer codeine but the dhc feels different to what it used to like my body is used to it and can effectively metabolise it or something I don't really know much about that stuff but it defo feels like it has been effecting me like it should.

Paramol/paracetemol/acetaminophen/Tylenol/hydroxyphenyl acetamide is the liver-killing poison in half our consumer goods that you are trying to remove from your pills with the CWE. Because over 4 grams is enough to hurt your liver. People who extract codeine from 50 pills would get a lot more than 4 grams potentially.

Anyway, DHC=dihydrocodeine, and although a tiny bit gets converted to dihydromorhpine, its not enough to notice. Codeine has much of its action due to conversion to morphine by your liver. So the two drugs will be subjectively different.

hydro/oxycodone are water-soluble... Acetaminophen is not. Don't take more than 4g of acetaminophen (Tylenol) ever in one dose. The fact it's cold is just a faster reaction. Use a cheesecloth, they are very easy to get at the store anywhere. Put it in the fridge if it takes love, add an ice cube, they both bind to protein (ligands) at the 85-90+ percentage. It's detrimental to the liver to take that much "APAP." Even when you squeeze it a little, it's coming out as acetaminophen; definitely less than popping them straight. Of course, smaller amounts of sludge for the H2O to travel through is easier to make, that's just simple gravitational extraction. It's a very simple way to do it without bromide, acetone, methanol, tert-butyl, which are all needed in need of a vacuum extraction. So, just don't pop em all... Long story short I suppose. They are HCL, they are not bases, as with most meds. The esters and HCL is a dangerous road to go down.

OK, thank you RedSox, welcome to Bluelight. Hopefully there aren't too many proteins in your codeine pills. If there are, on the surface, hopefully they belong to you, and hopefully it's all keratin.

Fun fact: for reasons unknown, DNA and nucleic acids really like to bind to normal glass. You'd elute with either alkaline or acidic wash. Alkaline conditions keep double strands dentatured, but it's friday and my guy texted.

Never knew ice cubes to bind proteins, at any concentration, really, but I'm sure there's a icecubase out there. Careful with any superoxide dismutases.

All of us either want the best high for our money, or never to get high again and not suffer for that, or just money. And you well know that a lot of people think that attitude is wrong and even morally evil. And guess what? Those people write the laws and enforce them, harshly. They're busybodies too, with all that sobriety.

The idea of hanging out here watching for signs of dealing or hookups or sharing advice on how to break those laws makes them all excited and hard. Even better is depraved stuff that confirms their beliefs that we use drugs because we don't love Jesus enough, or we're Democrats, or we're gay. They can print out a post that says how to beat a urinalysis, and go to the PTA meeting and wave it around and call for new laws to shut stuff like this down.

So, it may only be for appearance sometimes, but it's pretty important. Anyway, don't do it in OD, that's the sort of quick dealing that BDD is for.

Paramol/paracetemol/acetaminophen/Tylenol/hydroxyphenyl acetamide is the liver-killing poison in half our consumer goods that you are trying to remove from your pills with the CWE. Because over 4 grams is enough to hurt your liver. People who extract codeine from 50 pills would get a lot more than 4 grams potentially.

Anyway, DHC=dihydrocodeine, and although a tiny bit gets converted to dihydromorhpine, its not enough to notice. Codeine has much of its action due to conversion to morphine by your liver. So the two drugs will be subjectively different.

I agree except their is more to it its like a controling thing from the government and aunty pharma the details are irrelevant