• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How dangerous is mixing benzos and alcohol?

I mixed benzos and ethanol lots of times. The main issue is not to forget ethanol is far more dangerous than benzos, so keep an eye on ethanol intake, as you will not overdose on benzos (you can overdose due to "typical" ethanol dosage is potentiated by benzos, but this would mean ethanol overdose, not benzo). Blackouts are common. Drugs are potentiating each other, so I would advice lower your usual ethanol intake by very much and do not pop the benzo after you used ethanol, but do the opposite - use the preferred amount of benzo, wait for 1-2 hours depending on the benzo you took and slowly begin to use ethanol by titrating the dosage based on your feeling (lets say by 0.2-0.3 BAC/hour). Keep all the benzos and ethanol out of your reach, calculate the "safe" dosage before the experience and have only this amount of drugs available to you, as you can begin popping pill after pill and drinking ethanol before blacking out and do not remember you have done this the next day. This happened to me several times on midazolam and zolpidem, when I have found empty boxes of 10 pills of these drugs in the morning without remembering what happened ... It could be a disaster if I had higher concentration of ethanol in my blood, insteed of using benzos only.

I have combined benzos and alcohol , but never a heroic dose , i mean I can have 30mg diazepam and 2 bottles of wine (15standard drink) and be fine , have no blackouts , just feel good :) but it varys from person to person , someone can have 5mg Valium and few drinks and end up in emergency , some people are REALLY sensitive .

Stop overhyping benzos..

Ya so I really don't get why people are so freaked out by benzos, or at the other end, they love them and want to take a bunch before going out partying?.. This is all ridiculous to me. If you like taking benzos before going out to the bar to get sewper buzzed you are a little bitch. I have had klonopin prescribed for anxiety almost 10 years now and I've never abused it and never really had a problem. Sometimes if I really need to crash I will pop 1mg and sip some scotch then sleep hard. Also if I take a klon for anxiety during the day and then feel like going out I will still have a few drinks. Just not like 10 shots.. All you have to do is test your tolerance a couple times and then just know what you can handle. But mainly you shouldn't make a habit of taking benzos before drinking.

I dunno why but that behavior just blows my mind. Opiates are my real drug of choice I got over a heroin problem a couple years back. Anything else I can take it or leave it. Getting super stoked to take benzos is not normal and if this is you you should take a hard look at why you desperately want to shut your brain off as much as possible. If you don't have a scrip or atleast aren't using them for sleep, grow up. Mic drop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya so I really don't get why people are so freaked out by benzos, or at the other end, they love them and want to take a bunch before going out partying?.. This is all ridiculous to me. If you like taking benzos before going out to the bar to get sewper buzzed you are a little bitch. I have had klonopin prescribed for anxiety almost 10 years now and I've never abused it and never really had a problem. Sometimes if I really need to crash I will pop 1mg and sip some scotch then sleep hard. Also if I take a klon for anxiety during the day and then feel like going out I will still have a few drinks. Just not like 10 shots.. All you have to do is test your tolerance a couple times and then just know what you can handle. But mainly you shouldn't make a habit of taking benzos before drinking.

I dunno why but that behavior just blows my mind. Opiates are my real drug of choice I got over a heroin problem a couple years back. Anything else I can take it or leave it. Getting super stoked to take benzos is not normal and if this is you you should take a hard look at why you desperately want to shut your brain off as much as possible. If you don't have a scrip or atleast aren't using them for sleep, grow up. Mic drop...

I'm not really getting the point of your post. It's a harm reduction forum so, try to keep your posts as close to that subjects and as much within those guidelines as possible. For opinion stuff like this, you could start a thread in Drug Culture. It's a little more laid back and open regarding subject matter.

Hi to all,

I just sent my introductory post, so I am a newbie here, also, not a native speaker, so pardon my English. Let me share my experiences with mixing these two substances. I am very careful, so I took .5 mg of Xanax (prescribed for my anxiety) and drank ONE beer, slowly. It gave me a flash (kinda), a good feeling, but without being drunk. I repeated this experience a few times, when I felt this inconvenient anxiety. I always "combined" this mix with eating some food, being in a safe place, spending my time by reading a book, or writing my diary. I have never experienced any "foolish" behavior, or blackout. After taking my dose, I always waited a few hours to clean up, then went to bed. Today I tried to mix alprazolam with wine, but it has not have the same relaxing effect. Since this combo worked very well for me, I will stop it. I do not want to have another addiction, as a recovering alcoholic.

I just wanted to comment on the combo of Alcohol & Xanax. I know it's popular with HS kids, a lot of them with low or relatively newbie "tolerances". That fact makes the combo much more dangerous, as most teens have limited knowledge or experience with mixing drugs (Not you, teens of Bluelight - you're the smart ones!)

Alcohol and Xanax are far more enjoyable on their own IMO. Smart ppl save some Xanax for that MONSTER hangover in the AM. Best hangover cure ever. I don't even like to drink more than a few if I don't have my Xanax for that shaky, anxious, racing heart hangover.

A friend of mine and her friend did xanys and beer, forgot their minds, did some thefts and she did three years with the state. Don't mix, just don't.

I always loved mixing benzos with alcohol. I would suggest against it, but it was so convenient if you were low on booze. I used to love eating like 3 or 4 bars and then taking shots of vodka. I mean sure you don't remember shit, but dayum if you're selfish enough, it's fun AF

Oh and btw I suggest you take less than a bar. My tolerance was fucked. Lol