• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How dangerous is mixing benzos and alcohol?

A friend of mine used to take benzo's with alcohol quite often.....every time he would mix the two he'd black out and completely forget what had happen

Last edited:
Well if you like pouring pitches of beer on bounces by accident, trying to fight your friends after said bouncer kicks you out (thankfully without beating the shit out of you because you just looked like a mess), then yelling at friends in car ride home and demanding to be let out of the car and walk a mile home, then it's a great combination. Of course only remembering a few spotty parts here and there as well ;)

Oh yea and beefing with the bouncer as he's throwing me out wondering what the fuck his problem was. Good times.

Last edited:
i love mixing the two lol. just take it easy maybe take half your noral benzo dose then drink at most a 6 pack i say.

I didn't mean to imply that taking a bunch of benzos with lots of alcohol was something anybody looking for a good time would do-- i.e. I said "survived."
And nothing personal about the "barbs" I just get pissed that doctors think cause they write scripts for benzos instead of barbs that its all good. I bear some grudges from being fooled into thinking benzos were a better option than expensive and increasingly hard to get a hold of cannabis. Doctors don't really have to worry much about an ODose on benzos especially considering there is an antidote for ODose so they prescribed the garbage like candy until recently.
Concerning the lethality of the two substances in question:
The benzos themselves seem to not have intrinsic toxic effects like say "cyanide" but the alcohol does. Plenty of people have died from alcohol alone, even without respiratory depression or choking, but benzos increase the secondary death risks greatly. The worst IMO is really making a long term habit of the two, then your friend will wish he was dead if he gets into benzo/alcohol WD hell.

The worst IMO is really making a long term habit of the two, then your friend will wish he was dead if he gets into benzo/alcohol WD hell.

Not to revive a dying thread by Regenesis2 has an excellent point.

Id like to add.

I had a BZP and alcohol combo which resulted in myself being in a highky emotional and unstable state. I had a blackout of around 20 mintues in which i went crazy, and apparently fought with a girl from my college.

I also roamed the streets on an endless quest of nothingness.

This is very dangerous, im lucky i didnt end up in a cell.

That can potentially be very dangerous, even lethal if you take too much of one or the other. If he has a tolerance to one then he will have a tolerance to both which is probably why your friend hasn't died. He is lucky. Tell him not to do that again.

I do it on a daily basis. It used to rock! ...used to...
In general I think the unsafety of this combo is exaggerated.
However, at those doses, I'd say he was on the lucky side.

I do it on a daily basis. It used to rock! ...used to...
In general I think the unsafety of this combo is exaggerated.
However, at those doses, I'd say he was on the lucky side.

Well its dangerous if you don't have a tolerance.

Well its dangerous if you don't have a tolerance.

Well, yeah, at that dose. It's also dangerous because of self-control problems brought out by the drugs. Maybe my tolerance is skewing my opinion but I've felt this way for a while. As far back as when it was fun for me, I think.

be careful on dosing but its a fun mix.

temazepam, clonazepam, and whiskey gets you pretty fucked up.

Well, yeah, at that dose. It's also dangerous because of self-control problems brought out by the drugs. Maybe my tolerance is skewing my opinion but I've felt this way for a while. As far back as when it was fun for me, I think.

I know what your saying, once you start it its hard to stop and self control plays a big role.

I used to do it daily. Whenever I drank, I was on benzodiazepines. Because at the time I was prescribed 8mg clonazepam and I didn't take into consideration that I was on them when drinking. Damn, my coordination was fucked.

i think my friend used to bet on where i'd end up after a night of benzos and booze.

I ended up at the park one night at like 1 o'clock and witnessed these two people fucking and somebody taping it. I sat on the swings with my friend watching it while nodding out. They saw us but didn't care. When they finished up they said...um, your welcome? And I just stared at him and asked, "do you have any ketamine" and he was like, your weird.

I ended up at the park one night at like 1 o'clock and witnessed these two people fucking and somebody taping it. I sat on the swings with my friend watching it while nodding out. They saw us but didn't care. When they finished up they said...um, your welcome? And I just stared at him and asked, "do you have any ketamine" and he was like, your weird.

lol, if i had a nickel for everytime something like that happened to me.

i once passed out at Disneyland during that talking bear show they have.

Disneyland haha that would be a trip

Disneyland is a great place to go fucked up; i've gone there on benzos and booze, acid, MDMA, meth, PCP, DXM, oxycodone and benzos and booze, 2C-I, coke, barbs, and ludes.

all fun trips i felt like a kid. :D