arrested for possesion...

Blaze420_

Bluelighter
so im not really sure where this belongs but...

yea so last night i was in Concord NH...standing outside a CVS waiting for my friend to come pick me up...it was about 9pm...a cop goes by...comes back i got into cvs to buy a drink i had my bowl and like not even a dime of bud on me...so its my first time being arrested for bud. any one know whats gonna happen? im not familiar with the laws :(

Where i live you get a court date, then you got to your court date, pay the ~120 dollar fine, and leave.
no community service, no nothing. But thats in Colorado, i am not knowledgable in new hampshire's laws (but i assume its roughly the same)

Im confused how you went from standing infront of a drugstore with weed in your pocket to getting arrested by a police man who just happened to be driving by. But yea youre gonna get a court date and depending on your record, the judge, your local laws, your amount of cooperation, the severity of what you did blah blah blah they might drop it and nothing will happen or you might have to pay a fine and community service and if youre underage youll probably have to take a drug class or get piss tests or something. It really sucks but this happens to a lot of people, your lifes not ruined, and its weed so nobodys really gonna hold it against you except maybe if you wanted a government job or something...

lmfao. yea i know what u mean...but i was standing out front of a drugstore and i saw a cop drive by...i walked into the store calmly and i was going to buy a soda on account of cotton mouth. and i wasnt even up to the register yet and the cop says "dont move hands above ur head" and then he searched me without asking and didnt read me my rights :(

^WTF?!? am i missing something? what prompted the cop to talk to you in the first place?

and if youre underage youll probably have to take a drug class or get piss tests or something

I was underage when i got my pot/paraphernalia charge and all i got was a 120 dollar fine

thats a totally illegal search. fight this. maybe the store had surveillance cameras with footage of the arrest. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.

Hmm, I think this is better suited to the Legal Discussion forum, so I'm sending it over there.

Your story doesn't quite add up OP, it doesn't seem as if the cop had a reason, and I'm also not sure of NH's laws since I'm from NY.

Anyway, to LD --->

Damn, arrested for a dime? That's shitty! Down here the cops are completely slacks, they saw me sell some X to a buddy of mine, pulled me over, got their tazers out and kicked me in my knee and forced me onto the car and searched me, found 14 pills and all they did was take them and tell me not to make stupid decisions. xD Didn't even ask my name or number.

normally I don't buy into the whole vigor of the "Fight For Your Right" crowd here on BL, but they're right. usually this aforementioned crowd are naive, secluded, and perhaps not as jaded as me against the whole criminal justice system

but they have a point. I hope you are not leaving out anything important, as in maybe it appeared that you were shoplifting? there were surveillance cameras, there has to be something you can do about such a bullshit "search and seizure" by the PD (if you can even call it that?!)

^WTF?!? am i missing something? what prompted the cop to talk to you in the first place?

I was underage when i got my pot/paraphernalia charge and all i got was a 120 dollar fine

yea I reread my post and forgot to mention I got my posession after two underages both of them within the year before the weed ticket so nevermind on the classes(just fyi they suck absolute dick if they give you a choice between drug classes and paying the ticket, PAY THE TICKET, specially if there gonna be piss testing you its not worth it at all). Anyways if thats actually how it happened then get a lawyer if you can possibly afford one at all. Ive seen people who were caught with a halfo in there car and nobody admitted to it and everyone got lawyers and they all got off completely. A good lawyer is like a get out of jail free card, specially when its for weed tickets cause the courts dont want to waste there time/money on bullshit.

Where i live you get a court date, then you got to your court date, pay the ~120 dollar fine, and leave.
no community service, no nothing. But thats in Colorado, i am not knowledgable in new hampshire's laws (but i assume its roughly the same)

Colorado is very liberal in terms of weed laws.

the store should have surveilence tapes if you were right by the cash, especially if there was arrest right then and there, youd figure theyd save the video evidence aswel, since something out of the norm happened, talk to a lawyer, and if not, see what a public defender can do for you, from what so far ive read, it either seems like the cop had no right to do anything, or your leaving out a detail, or its bullshit, and forgive me for suggest thoose three posibilities, but thats what it seems like

hopefully everything is how you tell out, and then any judge will throw it out of court, unless they are incompetant, then you could get the news media involved, or something like that, you just want to beat this, especially if you did nothing wrong, did the cop smell weed burnt on your persons, with the past 2hours? anyways, good luck and keep it real

thats a totally illegal search. fight this. maybe the store had surveillance cameras with footage of the arrest. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.

Without a doubt - I'd fight that shit.

Demand his name, and badge number from the station if you haven't already got it, and see if you can settle it with the threat of lodging a formal complaint of gross misconduct against the officer, for an unlawful search.

OR chase up the CCTV from the store, brush up on the law, represent yourself, and make the copper look stupid IN court with evidence of an illegal search - this should get the case thrown out on a technicality.

But I would try & do it out of court (much as the past me liked to do things the other way round when possible) - going to court costs the taxpayer stupid amounts of money, and on something as small as MJ possession - try & sort it out of court, ASAP - you have a responsibility to the people of your community's council budgets etc.