• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Nothing will ever compare to H

Yes. Our government still prefer to follow the 'Reefer Madness' view on 'marihuana' - until several years down the line they eventually realise that there's gold in them thar hills and the public had been saying that for fuckin ages...

Worse.. so much grubbier than that. Hypocritical snouts in snidey troughs barely covers it... :|

Different article but tl;dr...

FXT250549.jpg

GW Pharmaceuticals, a company whose largest investor is UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s husband, Philip May, has received FDA approval for Epidiolex, a new cannabis derived drug to treat childhood epilepsy. The announcement comes just days after the Home Office relaxed the UK’s strictly controlled ban on the medication for two children suffering from related conditions.

Mine are being cut off too... but fortunately slowly.

Doctors have now "been told" that opiates don't work for chronic pain conditions... despite years and years of saying they do

In the next few years we will be following America's example and cutting most pain patients off altogether or at best lowering them down to 60mg morphine equivalent...Mark my words
My doctor tried that with me but I made it clear to him and his colleges after crying innocently that if I have to go back to no pain medication to control my pain I would rather not live at all basically threatened suicide when I said that he suddenly got a bit less hostile and maybe a bit more compassionate im taking a long break anyway because I go through my script to fast I got some lope to help to but I will only use them if i have some bad pain etc.

UK heroin users I know have been wasted and very happy with trying oxycodone for the first time orally and smoking, guess its guaranteed pure.

If H doesnt feel the same fentanyl is meant to be many times stronger but be safe!

How does oxycodone compare to gear?

The first time I tried medical grade morphine (it was left over from a lady that had died from brain cancer so I know it was legit & pure) it felt so different to the opiate feeling I know so well from the street gear, it took me several goes with it till I felt happy. It feels "too clean" if you know what I mean?

I assume all medical opiate based drugs are the same?

Yeah, if you figure out a way to get the h feeling from something normal, let us all know. I'm dealing with the same shit over here. :( I think I've burned my brain out of dopamine permanently from h.

Yeah, if you figure out a way to get the h feeling from something normal, let us all know. I'm dealing with the same shit over here. :( I think I've burned my brain out of dopamine permanently from h.

I get where you are coming from but as the worlds biggest pedant I feel remiss to remind all that heroin does not rely on dopamine for its pleasurable effects (cocaine and amphetamines are arguably the the most classic examples of dopaminergic drugs).

My point is that rather than increase the level of pre existing neurotransmitters in the brain, (such as dopamine with straight up stimulants, or serotonin with MDMA and similar drugs), morphine, heroin and other potent opiates and opioids mimic the effect of naturally occurring hormones that the body already produces, binding themselves to receptors in the brain and gut that would otherwise be potentiated by the bodies own chemistry. Until nitwits like me start unbalancing things by abusing poppy drugs, these receptors are designed to be activated only when needed through the release of endorphins, which has a primary role in pain control but also makes ones feel good. Indeed, the hormone gets its name as an abbreviation of 'endogenous morphine' (natural bodily morphine) with endogenous coming from the Greek word for 'within', just as the word morphine comes from the (ancient) Greek word for the 'God of Dreams', Morpheus.

So in summary, most people do get the h feeling from 'normal' things all of the time - it is why people get a natural but still powerful and pronounced high following periods of vigorous exercise. Its only people such as myself who have become dependant on 'quick fixes' to manage ones mood, whether that is a pot of coffee or a couple of pipes of crack on a morning to wake up, or a tranquilliser such as temazepam to wind down on an evening, that have potentially ruined my bodies chemistry to the point that it would / will take a long period of abstinence if I am ever to have a chance at relying on real pleasure without the need for chemicals.

Oh for sure, a typical person gets an endorphin rush from something like exercise or chocolate or hanging out with a friend. But most people who have abused opiates long term, you and me and the OP, apparently, do not. At least not in the first couple of years after getting off opiates. And the healthy, normal endorphin rushes that opiate naive people experience are many times less intense than the feeling of heroin. That's the problem with most drugs. They fuck with the brain's neurotransmitters on a scale that we were never "supposed" to experience, and then normal experiences feel flat and insignificant by comparison. They stretch the brain's frame of reference and it can take years for it to re-adjust.

I'm pretty sure heroin affects the release of dopamine. Endorphins are the body's natural opiates, but I don't think drugs actually stimulate the release of endorphins. I could be wrong, tho. My neuroscience education is very rusty, haha. :?

Oh for sure, a typical person gets an endorphin rush from something like exercise or chocolate or hanging out with a friend. But most people who have abused opiates long term, you and me and the OP, apparently, do not. At least not in the first couple of years after getting off opiates. And the healthy, normal endorphin rushes that opiate naive people experience are many times less intense than the feeling of heroin.

My God it has only just dawned upon me on reading that I used to wonder why "normal" people would always have a huge grin on their face at dinner parties or how they get pleasure from simple stuff like going to the pub or eating chocolate in the bath with some candles burning around them etc (you get the picture I hope)

My brothers wife is a prime example of this, her & my mom when they are together always make a big thing about shopping or going on about having meals at their friends house & they get huge pleasure from it, kinda equal to how I would love smoking PV but they have never taken any drugs let alone smoke loads of gear etc so to them that is their "opiate high" in a way & to me the concept of a fucking dinner party fills me with dread & I would find it so flat & horrific.

All the long term users of gear I know tend to be kinda loners & happy to sit alone in their flat with a few bags & watch a good movie instead of going out to a pub etc.

I'm pretty sure heroin affects the release of dopamine. Endorphins are the body's natural opiates, but I don't think drugs actually stimulate the release of endorphins. I could be wrong, tho. My neuroscience education is very rusty, haha. :?

My neuroscience education is practically non existent but as a qualified (if no longer practising) nurse and commited junky I have picked up enough relevant titbits.

While the effect of heroin may involve the release of some dopamine, this is not how it acts primarily (as opposed to cocaine, who's effect IS caused by the massive release of same).

As i said above, you are right, heroin (nor any other drug I can think of) uses endorphins in its effect, rather they mimic endorphins by binding to the various types of opiate receptors in the body, essentially simulating an unnaturally massive release of these hormones. As good and as wholesome as natural highs are (chocolate sits on the fence, as while it is responsible for endorphin release it also has a drug effect, containing both caffeine and theobromine), I have yet to see someone nod out after a binge or a run (falling asleep through being knackered or stuffed does not quite compare...