• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nothing will ever compare to H

Totally agree, TLM. Heroin is perfect for certain times but it blocks everything out - like being wrapped up in cotton wool bliss with no cares or concerns until you start getting sniffly again. Sometimes that's what you need more than anything. But it really does get dull - especially when your tolerance gets out of hand and you couldn't get a nod on for all the gear in the world. It's just keeping the wolf from the door most of the time.

Psyches never get old cos they are always fresh and new. I have had stages where they've become routine cos I was just using way too many, way too often. But it was never dull - just lost a bit of the sheen. Just had to cut back a bit and magic returns in full force - not something you can easily do with addictive stuff...

In mildly interesting opi/psyche news, Salvia works on the same receptors opiates do. Not exactly a psychedelic opiate but totally unique in all of psychedelia - no other psyche works on the kappa receptors. I believe it also works on the NMDA (?) receptors like ketamine and the like and that makes sense - the opioid receptor bit is odd though. I know from experience that opiates totally block the effects of Salvia in at least some people cos it never worked on me or anyone I knew whilst on heroin. Wasn't until I quit that I realised that people weren't kidding that Salvia has just a bit of a kick to it 8o

There's just something so seductive about heroin that seems to take certain people over the edge, I still don't know why I kept doing it, knew I'd get a habit, even though I wasn't running from anything or in need of escape as such. It's dull as fuck when you take a step back, but it's so comforting and worry free. I still have no fuckin idea what happened, but 18 months later here I am on subutex tryna pick up the fuckin peices. I havn't had a nod for months, spunked every single penny and more on gear, and other opiates.

Your also right about the rock, it's seems to be the more the live the lifestyle, the more you associate with that scene you can only get ahold of smack, downers and crack. People start doing crack just to get the buzz back.

Such a fuckin shady scene, in the last few weeks some of shit I've had to go through and people i've had to hand money over to just to score, lucky I didn't get fuckin shot/stabbed and fucked by some scum bag gangster/smack dealer. I don't exactly look like the average chav, and neither do my mates, so driving around tooled up ready to batter someone if they try bump us isn't really what we're used to doing.

Glad to be out of the lifestyle at the min, I feel a million times better. I wish I could enjoy other drugs but I just have no interest in anything. I used to LOVE psyches but I just can't see myself doing any for a while. Last time I had some good acid was September. It was lovely, but I immediately thought "you know what would make this better, a few bags to smoke when I come down" and off I went..

opiates are good for killing boredom for me but thats it, Prefered Oxy to H myself (and it was good H), but i think the main thing when opiates become that super europhic drug that takes over your life is when you IV it.

Snorting/smoking/oral ROA of opiates are overated and for me not much better than a few benzos and a couple of beers, if i tried IV it would probably be a different story.

knockando said:
I don't want to generalise and all I am basing this on is documentaries, but is it not true that a significant number of Heroin addicts/users use it, or began using it, to dull or escape emotional pain of some kind? And in that case maybe it really is the only thing that hits that particular spot?

Yeah, I see what you're trying to say. In my experience, 9/10 users I know use H to dull/escape those particularly serious emotional issues they cant quite deal with as it completely rids the pain and suffering that absolutely nothing else will - and I fall into this category myself. The legal meds ie anti-depressants etc just do not work for most people and so when they are introduced to opiates they've found the answer. If you can sustain some self-discipline and control over your use, then you can remain an occasional user - but you'd need to have gone through cold turkey at least once in order to develop the respect and understanding needed to prevent you from becoming an addict.

Now, 10/10 addicts I know would have started out the same as 'users', but due to lack of self-discipline, addictive-natures and those oh so undesirable unforeseen circumstances life tends to lob at us whenever it see fit - heroin is too easy to fall back on as a crutch to deal with said issues and so a certain element tend to give up and take it on full time, inevitably developing an addiction. Then you're using just to face the world in addition to numbing out the pain. Its fucking harrowing and I have all the sympathy in the world for every single one of them.

no the jig is up. as sinead oconnor aptly wept nothing compares to u u uuuuuuuu...no all our mu receptors will start regulating n all natural dopermine will come back n kids its important to remember that. after a 15 yr habit n only one yr abstinent, i know how to get to the place where there is life after h as do many others, i'll sell u my secret of success for 14.99

in my opinion, if we're just talking about opiates, hydromorph is as good as heroin.
opiates are'nt my faves though...

heroin is king of opiates, morphine gives great euphoria but no head rush just body rush.. hydrocodeine can replace morphine in addiction with out the addict knowing and has less wd..
I have a great link to a unodc doc which states the addiction liability of morphine like compounds will dig it out and post it.. But to me h is king.. hydromorphone has a great rush no great euphoria, diconal great rush good high, palfium the best rush nice nod but no longer available :(

link : http://whqlibdoc.who.int/bulletin/1957/Vol17/Vol17-No4-5/bulletin_1957_17(4-5)_569-863.pdf

I've not tried all Opiates & Opioids in the world and never IV'd, but from what I've tried you're right - Nothing has compared to it at all.
I'd love to try IV Morphine to see how it compares but I think due to the extra metabolites of Diamorphine that it might not be as nice.
I'd also love to try Hydromorphone, as I've heard that's lush. Also, being in the UK, I've never tried Oxycodone so that'd be interesting to try seeing as many people seem to prefer it to H.

I'm one of the weird ones though that prefers Codeine to Dihydrocodeine (due to the Morphine and likely C6G plays a massive part to it) so who knows? **Shrugs**

i have tried oral 30mg orphine with quite a low opiate tolerance and it was mellow and missing something compared to the Heroin high but at the sae time the hangover so to speak was less of a downer so go figure, only difference between IV use is the hit is much more instantaneous and intense breath catching rush you can imagine. fucking nightmare really, but no one can influence someones teptation. Heroins too fucking beautiful to leave alone

Monsta, I'd definitely try some oxy. Your geographical location needn't be a problem.

Bupe's a good oral opioid high too, when taken recreationally by someone with little or no tolerance. Most people think of it as a maintenance drug and ignore the fact that it's a pretty nice buzz in itself.

Certainly better than oral morphine, which is verging on chocolate fireguard territory in terms of BA.

Your geographical location needn't be a problem..

If its available in Ireland - which indeed it is - then it can be got in the UK. Obviously its not as common as Heroin, but plenty of people are prescribed it for pain and its likely that your H source would know someone who could get a hold of some for you.

I'm also extremely interested in trying it, but now that the drought is a thing of the past for me I havent bothered buying any, even though I know a head that has an oxy script another head who can get any fucking pill you can name - but I'd rather just stick to the route I'm on at the moment, that just being scoring my 2/3 bags a week and keeping my habit as minimal as possible. My enforced sabbatical and subsequent home cold turkey taught me a very important lesson about heroin and I have a vastly improved respect for the substance now. I can get as much pre-drought heroin as I want on tic for a week tops but still I refuse to give in and I will never go back to the degree of my previous habit - which in comparison to some of you was very weak, but for me of course it wasn't and left me broke and constantly wanting more and more. Never again; I'm happy with how I'm handling now and I dont suffer any sickness either. Lesson fucking well learned here.

Monsta, I'd definitely try some oxy. Your geographical location needn't be a problem.

Bupe's a good oral opioid high too, when taken recreationally by someone with little or no tolerance. Most people think of it as a maintenance drug and ignore the fact that it's a pretty nice buzz in itself.

Certainly better than oral morphine, which is verging on chocolate fireguard territory in terms of BA.

Why needn't it be a problem? I've never known of it being scripted in the UK, though I do know that some people here have come across it (I don't have a clue how though :? - If anyone could shed light on how, obviously no sources, then it's quite welcome!).

As for Bupe, I've been on it once when I tried to quit gear but I wasn't in the right mindset and even though it was great for a week, after that my cravings just got too intense and I crumbled :|

I can see why some people would love it recreationally - It's extremely strong (mg for mg), long acting and has more of a "refreshing" high compared to full-µ-agonist, but oh how I love full-agonists in comparison :\

And yea, I've tried oral Morphine before - It took away my withdrawals but that was it. The oral BA is just utterly rubbish. Seems IV is the only way to go with Morphine unfortunately (I don't wanna get into pins or my use would spiral out of control).

with no tolerance bupe produces a lovely high at 1-2mg under the tounge (swallowing it barely works), certainly better than oral morphine/codeine etc.

Why needn't it be a problem?

Sorry mate - maybe I'm in idiot mode tonight, but why need it be a problem? It definitely is scripted in the UK, especially considering people can get hold of it. My mothers a nurse and we have a few copies of the MIMS/DSM IV lying about and its scripted in both the UK and Ireland - of this I am absolutely certain.

Oh wow! I never knew that :)
And don't worry about the "Need / Needn't" as I understood what you meant ;) I just assumed that it wasn't scripted in the UK or Ireland at all. You learn something new every month! =D

hydromorphone has a great rush no great euphoria,

that depends on the ROA. you can get intense nods by snorting it, but also nice euphoria if you plug it.
never injected it though, dissociates and (simple) tryptamines ok, but with opiates i'm scared of addiction :\

that depends on the ROA. you can get intense nods by snorting it, but also nice euphoria if you plug it.
never injected it though, dissociates and (simple) tryptamines ok, but with opiates i'm scared of addiction :\

Agreed. Was just scripted Hydromorphone and even crushing it and dissolving in juice has me feeling quite nice. :)

I'd have to say the IV morphine is pretty shit IMO and i'm on IV morph and plus IV meth. U also got to IV alot of liquid as the strongest iv morph is 60mg@2ml. This is of course coming from someone who used H for 10+ years so factor that in.

Oxy would be great but I looked into this very recently and it was too cost prohibitive for people on a private script unless you have a small habit, which i dont. In fact I think short of fentanyl its the most expensive opiate in the BNF. Would still love to try it though but its very rare as far as i know (just as rare as fentanyl and hydromorphone unless u know someone in palliative care). Im surprised black market oxy hasnt hit the uk streets (if its exists) as they would sell them like hot cakes - and to a much wider group than us typical H users. Just take a look at oxy use in the USA...

I love heroin soooo much. The only time I forget about it is when im on acid and listening to psytrance, apart from that i just wanna get high :/