• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been years since I tried Kratom last time... can't really remember if it was worth it, just that it got me pretty messed up combined with some quality pot. How would you say it compares to poppy pod tea? About 10 euros worth of pods gets me flying quite high all day...

It doesn't compare to poppy tea really. They are very different highs. Like, I LOVE Kratom at work, however poppy tea at work is jst shit as it tires me out and makes me want to sit down.

Bali (good bali) in a high enough dose, when taken late at night with an Indo can produce a very opiate-like effect, often inducing The Nod™.

Try it out....but make sure it's a good source. There is alot of crap.

^its not an "opiate-like effect". Its a genuine mu agonist just like other commonly used opioids and opiates. Its not the most potent agonist, but it produces authentic mu opioid effects nonetheless.

It doesn't compare to poppy tea really. They are very different highs. Like, I LOVE Kratom at work, however poppy tea at work is jst shit as it tires me out and makes me want to sit down.

Bali (good bali) in a high enough dose, when taken late at night with an Indo can produce a very opiate-like effect, often inducing The Nod™.

Try it out....but make sure it's a good source. There is alot of crap.

Yeah I agree with this statement. Bali and Indo mixed produces the most opiate like effects for me. I prefer to mix Bali with Red Thai because it creates a more energetic opiate like high. This stuff has mild psychedelic activity at higher doses and with the aid of a little green this effect can be noticed easier.

Yeah, I'll give it another try when I come across some, thanks! I'm not very experienced on opioids, but what I can remember from Kratom, it was much less energetic than the feeling I've gotten from poppies the few times I've tried them.

^ you're an odd one then (or it was due to respective dosing) because most people experience more sedation from morphine-based products (including pods) and more stimulation from kratom.

^ you're an odd one then (or it was due to respective dosing) because most people experience more sedation from morphine-based products (including pods) and more stimulation from kratom.

I guess so, then. Could also be dose-related thing, and the fact that I tend to combine everything with cannabis / jwh's, or maybe it's different balance of alkaloids in different poppy strains? I really need to look more into this, but I've read reports of substantial stimulation from poppy pod tea.

^ there will be SOME variance in alkaloid content but typically there's more than 10x as much morphine than the next most prevalent alkaloid (codeine) so given the ratios and relative potency of morphine, the other alkaloids will play very little role in the overall effects.

Certain kratom strains can vary substantially in CNS activity so I've had rather sedating ones as well as more stimulating ones (I'm guessing due to varying noradrenergic inhibition).

low dosis of methoxetamine (5-15 mg) can help to make kratom withdrawals tolerable during the day. then you can use kava to sleep at night.

Hi everyone, I am new here! I am also brand new to Kratom and will try it for the 1st time tomorrow. I do have a question though. I do not have a scale, and do not plan on buying one in the near future. I am starting out with powder, and was thinking about 4-5g? Does that sound about right? I am tolerant to about 15.5mg of oxycodone, 3-4 times a day. If 4-5g sounds right, how many teaspoons (or less) would that be? I don't want to be down for the count, half asleep... though I would like some euphoria and the "clean the house like a mad person" energy I hear about! What can I say... I am a housewife! =D Thanks!!

Don't do it every day and you won't get addicted.

Last time I did Kratom I barely experienced anything worthwhile, and toward the end of the night I desired sleep.
So I took some benadryl and smoked some pot.
What ensued was a racing heart and myself desperately trying to fall asleep.
Fuck it. A substance that requires 5g of extract, or 14g of plant matter isn't worth it in my book. I'd rather just take some vicodin...

Only tried one sort of kratom, and thats the one called Krypton. Not sure if it's been banned yet. But said to be laced witt o-desmetyltramadol, a metabolite of regular tramadol. Anyway, that shit was quite potent. 0.5grams felt maybe like 200mg's of tramadol when you had no tolerance. 1.5grams would make me nod..lol.

But if I took it more than 2 days in a row my eyes got red and started feeling like an infection or something, pretty nasty it was. So some crap they put in it for sure. Would be nice with some regular kratom to be able to stay off the sub a couple days a week...would do good I think.

^Yeah, you'll likely be able to feel it. You may want to start out at that level or maybe slightly higher due to your past oxycodone experience. Regardless, start somewhat low and titrate your dose upward if necessary.

^Yeah, you'll likely be able to feel it. You may want to start out at that level or maybe slightly higher due to your past oxycodone experience. Regardless, start somewhat low and titrate your dose upward if necessary.

Thanks! One last question, is the 7.5g per tablespoon relevant towards Kratom powder? I found a few measurement conversion calculators the other day and 1tsp of cocoa powder is like 12g, compared to all purpose flower which is like 3.5. I am so OCD I even asked a pharmacist at a pharmacy (said it was for a recipe) and they had no clue either! LOL

^It's not exact but it works well as a rough guide (for kratom, not all powders!) The exact consistency of the powder depends on how fine it is and how firmly it is packed, but as long as there are not air holes and it is powdered instead of crushed, it will be reasonably consistent.

^It's not exact but it works well as a rough guide (for kratom, not all powders!) The exact consistency of the powder depends on how fine it is and how firmly it is packed, but as long as there are not air holes and it is powdered instead of crushed, it will be reasonably consistent.

Well, I started out with 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of powdered. After a half an hour, I felt nothing. I then took another 1/2 teaspoon. Again, nothing outstanding. So I am now 2 hours into this, and took another 3/4 tsp. The only thing I notice is that my eyes feel weird. No extra energy, or euphoria. Just kinda blah feeling. Any advice?

First of all I'd say wait until tomorrow at least to try again. I find redosing kratom a clever game which requires experience to avoid nausea. Each batch of kratom can very greatly in potency so I think you just want to up your dosage. The stuff I get in the shops downtown in Toronto on a whim (which has likely been sitting on the shelf for a month or so) requires 4-7 grams [energy to sedation] while my friend who delves deep into the internet and orders off sites (which I then split with him) often require only a gram or two and have me floored.

Other than taking more next time, for now you can try and really relax/meditate to see if you can feel the subtleties of the kratom's effect or try engaging in conversation and socializing and you might notice you are running your mouth more than usual or getting more involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.