• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea seems like a pretty poor method of administration as far as Kratom goes. As far as I know Kratom is heat sensitive...to what degree, I'm not sure...but I'd sure like to find out.

To what degree is Kratom heat-sensitve?

Either way, you'd be so much further ahead to just take 3 or 4 grams orally and embrace the effects.

20 cups of anything is a little extreme and seemingly unnecessary. My stomach would hurt too.

It's an opiate to begin with, which could be cause for GI discomfort...to further extend the problem you've drank 20 cups of it.

Can I get a few responses on what dose would be equivalent to a 500 Vicodin?

I can confirm Kratom is NOT heat sensitive. It's an opiate, opiates get extracted with Boiling Water. Dum-cum-dah!

i took a type of kratom last night and could not pee at all, all night long. i get the urinary trouble with another type of kratom too but not bad, i can always manage. the "aroma" from the enhanced wasn't any better either. anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
^urinary retention is very common with any opioid agonists period. What you took was probably just more potent so you have stronger side effects.

*MOD NOTE*

Many types/strains of kratom are unique to specific vendors and listing those violates our source discussion guidelines. As a basic rule of thumb, if you google the name and your source comes up in the top few results, its not allowed.

We've already made this warning earlier in this thread so subsequent use of source-specific types will result in infractions for source discussion.

Is kratom only really used in the context of coming off some other, stronger opiate? What's it like used on it's own? Could someone suggest another opiate drug to which it is roughly equal in strength?

This second is an unrelated question: I hear SO much about pods from those of you based in the states. Now obviously you can't tell me where you get the shit but just generally, is it internet orders? My understanding was that you can't get them in the states?

^I hear it most commonly compared to hydrocodone and in my experience this is accurate.

Yes, most people who get pods get them online but the industry is dying right now... and that's as much source discussion that's permitted.

ive tried kratom a few times and im thinking of ordering some more. the only type ive tried so far is the Maeng Da strain and i wanna try something new. im thinking of going with the Bali because i heard its more sedating and opiate like, but ive also heard this same thing about Indo.

my question is which is CLOSEST to a traditional opiate high? the Maeng Da was nice the first time, but the second time it was a lot more speedy and less euphoric. this may have been because the first batch was powder and the second was straight leaf. im considering getting 2 oz each of both the Indo and the Bali, but i would prefer to just order 4 oz of whichever is stronger.

any help or suggestions?

Well, I've only ordered Bali. But I've noticed some inconsistancies with the high.

Get this;

Started out drinking the tea. After a couple of storng cups it'd make me nauscious. So, I'd prostrate myself on the bed, and mellow out. That went on, the mellow high, for about a month.

Then, after a months use, of Bali powder, I'd start feeling a speedy type high. Not mellow at all. So, in my experience, the high changes depending on tollerance.

For my latest dose, a couple of days ago, I took like 20 cups before sex. So, I'd get that opiate dick where you cannot cum for ages on end. Haha. That was fucked up high, man. I was totally strung out like I had took a gram of MDMA!

My eyes went really >----------WIIIIIDE-----------< Haha. It was not what I was expecting at all. The reason for taking 20 cups was, I was trying to mellow out as well. To get that mellow high, and I thought after the initial speedy high, I'd be mellow as hell. That NEVER CAME!

So, I cannot really comment on the Indo high, but the Bali powder changes over time and dosage. And I've been using daily since Dec 2010 I think?

ive tried kratom a few times and im thinking of ordering some more. the only type ive tried so far is the Maeng Da strain and i wanna try something new. im thinking of going with the Bali because i heard its more sedating and opiate like, but ive also heard this same thing about Indo.

my question is which is CLOSEST to a traditional opiate high? the Maeng Da was nice the first time, but the second time it was a lot more speedy and less euphoric. this may have been because the first batch was powder and the second was straight leaf. im considering getting 2 oz each of both the Indo and the Bali, but i would prefer to just order 4 oz of whichever is stronger.

any help or suggestions?

^ IMO out of the types i have tried.. the regular old commercial bali is like hydrocodone and red vein strains are more stimulating like oxycodone.. i prefer the latter. But there are tons of kinds of it so everyone will have different feelings towards each.

i went ahead and order 2 oz of each. i gotta great deal so hopefully ill find the type im looking for.

i need to make my order last as long as possible, as opiates are starting to run scarce in my area. too many of my OC dealers are dipping into their product and becoming fiends themselves.
it sucks but i guess no one can be around the shit with out eventually falling prey.

what is the average amount of times can you can re boil a batch of kratom and get some kinda results? ive read only 1 time works, but ive also read 2-3 times. ive only had the tea once and that was the last time i did kratom. it worked way better than eating it IMO. it would be nice to combine all my used powder and get another good 3-4 highs out of it.

thanks for all the help :)

I know sourcing isn't allowed here but am I allowed to ask how we can find good vendors of this stuff? I'm not sure why asking about vendors for a legal product is forbidden but I digress. Is the only way to find good vendors by trial and error? That seems so counterproductive on a harm reduction forum.

I know sourcing isn't allowed here but am I allowed to ask how we can find good vendors of this stuff? I'm not sure why asking about vendors for a legal product is forbidden but I digress. Is the only way to find good vendors by trial and error? That seems so counterproductive on a harm reduction forum.
The problem is policing and monitoring hundreds of vendors, fake accounts, etc. is a huge job and because Bluelight covers all types of drugs the amount of work required would be completely ridiculous. Bluelight wouldn't be able to stand behind its "recommended" sources without sometimes getting burned (read someone overdosing and dying), and I bet there would be a lot of legal issues as well. For example kratom, which you called a legal drug, is illegal in Austalia, Thailaind and other parts of Asia at least.

No Source Discussion

Tolerance or something else?

after several good highs my last two experiences with kratom have been quite lackluster. i know the first thing that would come to mind would be tolerance. however, i've only been using kratom 1-3 times per week for a couple of months and the first lackluster high came after a full week break (and i've had good highs using 2 nights in a row before) so that makes me think it might not be tolerance. i also had not noticed any tolerance building prior to that.

what do you guys think? does kratom tolerance build slowly or does it just appear out of nowhere where you suddenly cannot get high any more? i guess i will be answering my own question because i just dosed after another break. but if i don't get high tonight, i'll be worried that my days of enjoying kratom are over.

Less is More

after several good highs my last two experiences with kratom have been quite lackluster. i know the first thing that would come to mind would be tolerance. however, i've only been using kratom 1-3 times per week for a couple of months and the first lackluster high came after a full week break (and i've had good highs using 2 nights in a row before) so that makes me think it might not be tolerance. i also had not noticed any tolerance building prior to that.

what do you guys think? does kratom tolerance build slowly or does it just appear out of nowhere where you suddenly cannot get high any more? i guess i will be answering my own question because i just dosed after another break. but if i don't get high tonight, i'll be worried that my days of enjoying kratom are over.

If it is the same batch of kratom then I would say the best bet would be tolerance. That being said it could have just been by chance that two lackluster events occured back to back and that they were both precipitated by other causes (mood, diet, stomach contents, etc.). Tonight will surely help in the diagnosis.

I'd like to add two things. First is that if you are building it up in your mind and worrying about it, it might skew your experience and make you think the kratom is not working when it actually is. Try and relax, and enjoy, and if it comes it comes. (sounds like sexual advice ;))

The second is the 'less is more' principle. I've only seen it be briefly touched on here on bluelight, but because of the complexity of kratom's alkaloid contents, as well as the alkaloids' effect on your system, increasing your dose when you think you've "lost the magic" can just mess everything up and actually cutting your dose in half (or lowering it) gets you were you want to be. Here's a link to a good discussion from <snip>...actually I'll pull it up later and tag it to the bottom...

It's hard to believe but bear with me for a moment. If you take a little kratom you're energized. If you take a medium amount you're sedated. If you take a ton you're puking, but not sedated! If you take enough morphine to make you puke, you're also going to be high out of your mind. Yet when you take to much kratom you feel nothing but nausea. It's a finicky beast. One good example for me is the difference in pain reduction at different doses. I play rugby and after each game I would take one or two grams of kratom and it would instantly sooth my aching muscles and energize me to go out and celebrate. However one time I wasn't heading for a night out so I took my usual four to five grams for a nice peaceful evening in. Well the usual warmth, euphoria, and sedation swept over me, but it had absolutely no effect on the painful bruises and strains from the rugby. So after the next game rather than going back to the tried and true single gram, I tried four again with the exact same results. Needless to say the complex competition by all the different alkaloids ment that analgesic effects were being overpowered at a certain dose.

So if kratom isn't working for you...try a smaller dose.

Less can actually be more!

edit:
<snip> (from another forum)

Less is More Revisited

I wanted to start this thread because I'm actually quite tickled to find that it rings true.....
I believe that due to my past substance abuse history, I had it burned in my mind the MORE=MORE. It didn't matter how many respected members on here mentioned less is more, I just "knew" it couldn't be true.
Well, I think it was Odyssey that had written several times in multiple threads: "have you tried cutting your burns in half?"
I can't tell you how crazy that sounded to me. It just didn't make sense. Well, after wondering where my aroma had gone once my burns were up to 8 tsp., I finally decided to give it a try.
I'm currently burning around 3 tsp. at a time, and wow. The pain relief I get from a 3tsp. burn is as good or BETTER than it was at 8tsp. My aroma too, as good or better than before.
I'm sure there are many factors behind this, but I think the major contributing factor is this: The more you burn, the more antagonists there are. You may be smelling more agonists, but the increase in antagonists cancels them out.
So now more than ever, I'm a firm believer in "less is more," and the term "sweet spot" finally makes sense.
So, anyone out there who thinks they are burning too much, or who is wondering where their aroma went, try this theory out. IT WORKS!!!

ok thanks for your response. it is the same batch of kratom. i am actually a member over at <snip> so im familair with the less is more thing. however, my first lackluster high came after i reduced the dose a little bit (from 13 grams to 11). when i did 13 grams the week before, i got one of my best kratom highs ever. it was wonderful. i reduced the dose because i did feel a little dizzy and i was hoping i could get the same high but withoiut the dizziness.

tonight i took 15 grams of bali. definitely too much i think, because i got too much dizziness. i have a mild euphoria also, but nothing like my previous highs. maybe this is tolerance? i also want to mention that nausea is not a problem for me with kratom on any of the doses ive taken. i got some nausea the first few times i took kratom but it was nothing i couldn't handle.

the next time i try kratom, i will definitely try cutting the dose in half. i doubt it will work, but at least then i wont have to deal with many side effects. so far all my best highs come with higher doses though. doses in the 6-8 gram range have been pleasant but always left me wanting a more intense experience.

i am rather disappointed now that kratom seems to have lost its magic so quickly for me, when ive read of it retaining its magic for people who use it daily.

As I've been reading this thread I've been noticing a lot of people refer to kratom as an actual opiate. Is it in fact a true blue opiate? (I thought it was a tryptamine)

I'm a straight up PST addict and I've been tapering my dose lately and was thinking about making the switch to kratom soon. I really don't want to just substitute one opiate for another though, so basically I'm wondering:

If I make it say, two weeks clean from the PST by using kratom then quit that cold turkey, will I still go though physical opiate withdrawal?

PS. I apologize if this question has already been asked/answered in this thread, I don't have the time to read through all of it.

it is not an opiate because opiate only refers to substances which are found in the opium poppy and their derivitives. however, it is a true opioid. it binds to the opioid receptors just like opiates do and produces many of the same effects.

So then Kratom is; itself, physically addictive?

If so then switching from PST to kratom will basically just prolong the inevitable... If that's the case why do people use it to kick their opiate addictions? Seems like I might as well just keep tapering and go cold turkey, but I've heard so many good things.

So then switching from PST to kratom will basically just prolong the inevitable? If that's the case why do people use it to kick their opiate addictions? Seems like I might as well just keep tapering and go cold turkey, but I've heard so many good things.
Yes it just prolongs the inevitable. It's legal in Canada which is a plus. Also healthy with all the fiber in your diet ;). You can always function on Kratom (unless you take to much in which case it is just nauseating) and it doesn't seem to have as many GI side effects as other opioids. Definitely cheaper than pods.

you think it casuses less nausea then other opiates amapola? because i have certainly found that to be true. i am on 15 grams right now and feel no nausea. other opioids have given me imcapacitiating nausea. however, ive had people tell me kratom causes more nausea than other opioids. i also dont find the constipating effect to be very strong with kratom.

Status
Not open for further replies.