• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

panic in paradise

Bluelighter
ive been wanting to start something like this for a while now, after just seeing Christian Diors Fall '10 Couture line... Here it tis, i felt no hesitation to start a thread, now.
i like their stuff, almost always, but i have to ask what others think about that Couture Line...
i have my opinions,,, but wanted to hear whay your reaction would be first..
;)

bellow are some selects of mine for 2010.

Dior Resort 2010
NSFW:

Herechovitch Fall 2010(are amazing when good)
NSFW:

Carlos Ruzzi 'Chado' Fall/Resort 2010, my favorite... ...besides Madame Gres.
NSFW:

~~~~~~~~~~
i hope to see some more pics and discussion!

Last edited by a moderator:
^I like the Chado dresses.......
I also like the Herechovitch designs-

Yesterday I was looking at Alexander McQueen dresses on Tumblr-
Here are just a few of the awesome things I found:
NSFW:

Kristen Stewart wore an Alexander McQueen dress that was pretty amazing in a photo shoot in Harper's Bazaar..........
hb27.jpg

Good thread :) I like clothes- but I might be entering normal people clothing too if that is okay????

holy shit, a brass knuckle clutch!?!
ive seen that on stick shifts in cars, wonder if he got inspired by a ride in a ' 42 ford...heh

i really like the little black dress, with the overstuffed lining. that look could easily go wrong, but considering the designer thats a very understated design.
;)
perfect.

the peacock dress is a masterpiece...
i mean, try and unintrusively, subtlety, tastefully incorporate some peacocks as the essential frame of the dress!

^He also made a number of different Brass Knuckles/Silver knuckles :)
With Skulls and gems and all :)
I want one!

And yeah fizzle, those shoes are Awwwweeessssome!!

geez... crazy ass.

i could neeed some brass knuckles.
hah, get knocked out toofless with class.
;)
he was known for giving a unique outstanding impression, quickly and aggressively.

NSFW:
Knuckle Clutch

Dress and Shoes:

Some more cool shoes:

Alexander McQueen knew what was up:)

love, love, love McQueen. excellent picks, Ms. ocean. <3

love this thread, too!!! good thinkin' Lincoln. :)

as impossible as they look to walk in, his famed armadillo shoes are like sculptures for your feet.

armadillo-shoes1.jpg

i used to love Proenza Schouler but i'm not so into their 2010-2011 lines. i really, really love their stitched bustiers.

00350m.jpg

though these shoes from Spring 2009 are simply amazing; i'm a sucker for contrast and a mix of pastels and brights.

proenza-schouler-detail-spring-fashion-2010-038_runway.jpg

although most known for brazillian swimwear, Rosa Cha is a line i like a lot too.

rosacha1.jpg

rosacha2.jpg

Zac Posen - who i love equally to Proenza Schouler... which is a lot.

Zac+Posen+Runway+Fall+2010+MBFW+gUZ5sIxEHtVl.jpg

ss11-zac-posen-03a.jpg

ss11-zac-posen-22a.jpg

oh, and Preen! this line is beautiful; everything is so beautifully constructed.

00370m.jpg

preen.jpg

do you subscribe to fashion blogs or daily ezines? might i recommend:

Refinery 29
Who What Wear
Sea of Shoes Fashion Blog
Fashion Toast Fashion Blog

love, love, love McQueen. excellent picks, Ms. ocean. <3

love this thread, too!!! good thinkin' Lincoln. :)

as impossible as they look to walk in, his famed armadillo shoes are like sculptures for your feet.

i used to love Proenza Schouler but i'm not so into their 2010-2011 lines. i really, really love their stitched bustiers.

00350m.jpg

though these shoes from Spring 2009 are simply amazing; i'm a sucker for contrast and a mix of pastels and brights.

proenza-schouler-detail-spring-fashion-2010-038_runway.jpg

[/IMG]

oh, and Preen! this line is beautiful; everything is so beautifully constructed.

00370m.jpg

do you subscribe to fashion blogs or daily ezines? might i recommend:

Refinery 29
Who What Wear
Sea of Shoes Fashion Blog
Fashion Toast Fashion Blog

I've been to Who What Wear (but not in a while) and heard many good things about it.........I will have to check out the others......

I love the shoes above- Love the dress also..........

I liked almost every pic actually but the quoted were my favs :)

^
thanks
:D

uhg, i was just looking at the weather in SA, or CapeTown specifically, wishing i was there...!

those shoes are amazing, ive seen then in a different color, unless someone else used that heel design, but i doubt it.
goddamn if i had $$$, my wife would have a serious wardrobe, from a fashion obsessed husband!

menswear, lol, t shirt, jeans, nice watch & shoes.
or
the same old boring suits, i guess she would be my most shiny accessory.
;)

^ Hehe, my pleasure! The weather here is beautiful, but right now I am in a very cold and rainy area - not so nice again...

Yeah, I wouldn't like to be male in today's fashion world, girls' clothes blow my mind!

ohh there are more!
i swears.

i only saw the top pic first, and thought "thats just garment bags, and muslin.
thats a great picture, ive only seen a few of her, in her later years,, she seems to always wear that unamused, in thought stare, she was a seriously gifted women.
the most inspiring for me, in a realistic way, besides Chado and especially his Weightless, Suspension, Worm Hole stitching and intensely embroidered prints.

i could go on about her... but that dress above is probably the only one like it...
she would only design for "dignitaries wifes/women"...
making the dresses, the client comes in, gets neekid, and then begins draping the material (jersey fabrics) and fitting, gathering inspiration, hand pleating, making a bundle $$$ and a one of a kind legendary dress to be studied or stashed in a museum.

man, if i was wealthy, if hunt down at least three if her pieces,,, and idk what after that.lol put them in a climate controlled glass case?

what about that dress i put as your desk top?
the b & w we guessed was purple of the marching lady.heheh

i cant, or haven't figured out how to drop and drag pics with my phone yet, but ive been waiting to make a massive of hers... ;)

NSFW:

the master.
;)

~~~~~~~~~
i had started commenting on your thrifty shopping challenge earlier, ms assassin.
and will again here soon.

Last edited:
^ good call on Vivienne. :D

Heatherette is anothe favorite. i love the funky, party-style and vibrant colors. i haven't heard much talk about them though in recent years so i'm not certain how they're doing but i think these guys are super cool.

amodelwa_thoma_14985897_600.jpg

Heatherette+Runway+MBFW+Smashbox+2BgkS7lFBybl.jpg

how cute are these shoes?!

Heatherette+Runway+MBFW+Smashbox+6KXM08Cftmsl.jpg

^Awesome! The shoes and tights are cute!!! :)

Some Vivienne Westwood shoes:

(Meant to post these before)

oh i like her stuff, the grey skirt the most... im boring haha
\a boot from Stella McCartney...
some of her stuff is awful, and when tries to go big, it seems to fail, with fabric choices and embellishments, if i may so haha. her addidas line sport-maryjanes are real cool.

this looks coo initially, but then poorly made cheap.

Isaac Mizrahi

love those Stella boots, pip! i've always been really impressed by her. i especially like that she's vegan and she translates it into her line.

ocean - those shoes remind me of a warped Dorothy/Wizard of Oz ruby slippers. :)

Rodarte - i heard these boots took hours to get on!

rodarte.jpg

love these candlewax platforms

rodarte-candle-wax-shoe-thumb-435x217-111121.jpg