• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

PiP-
Thought you'd like these-

And I really like this guys darker stuff- (Emilio Pucci)

Not really digging the bathing suit but the others are reallly cute!!! And I really like the shoes.

Edit: An Amethyst Dior Ring-

Last edited:
um, good lord...
yeah that SpondoSpike makes me kinda nervous..!

idk, i guess if i had to chose, id like the white(wrap looking) skirt.
i appreciate the work put into the black sheer lace dress, total evening resort wear for -
a cruise of the black sea, or the coast of spain at night with some rich Oporto,, definitely something id fallow to bed...
:p

i posted some links to a few fashion documentary films the F@T recommend a documentary thread. there's also some yves saint laurent one youtube and a galliano one as well. i think one called "catwalk" too early 90s models, a fat karl lagerfeld as well lol.

sundance has a great series called "the day before" about the day before runway shows from different designers http://www.sundancechannel.com/fullfrontalfashion/films-series/

i highly recommend Isabella Blow: A Life in Fashion http://www.amazon.com/Isabella-Blow-Lauren-Goldstein-Crowe/dp/0312592949/ref=pd_cp_b_2

its going to be made into a movie with galliano playing himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uVfKLse24

i've kinda bee on a shopping binge, thinking its like an addiction but my reasoning is i've saved money since i been sober and its the holidays so why not blow some cash on clothes if it makes ya feel good lol. but i realize it and first of the year going back on the grind n' save up for school. like izzy said in the above clip
oh, i certainly can't keep it up like that because its very expensive and im now getting to the point of going completely broke. be so careful, cause you can spend a fortune trying to look good... as u know
<3

Lea T. pic. trans model/muse of givenchy designer riccardo tisci.
NSFW:
25399-800w.jpg

i really admire her http://www.styleite.com/media/lea-t/

thanks for that..
:)

your post reminded me of a day-in-the-life-of type documentary about,,, someone haha, it was beautiful B&W and French...
;)
several hours long, and done very well; truly just a day in the life type documentary showing wtf a designer does all day, in Paris.
hmm haha, idk it was good, anyway.

i cant go into detail atm, but is anyone familiar with Ralph Rucci's "wormhole' stitches?
they are the key to his "suspension" method(s), besides the fine bias cutting etc, heh...

basically, you have 2 pieces of fabric, cut to match, run long needle from inside out, 1/2-2/3 the way, wrap the needle with the thread 9 times, pull needle and thread through the "wormhole" into top of other fabric, and tie off.
of course he has a particular finish knot, and of course i have forgotten for now, and am leaving out details. this is his stitch though, and only 6-9 are used around the circumference of the garment to connect the pieces.

maybe you can imagine, if interested and unfamiliar.
i will try and find some details, or post a pic from a book or mag of this method, its pretty cool and useful.
leaves clothes moving and forming to the body as you go.

luv it.
;)

its been a while,,,
&&& its been especially busy - im still pining in the back of my mind over the stuff!

im going to get back to sewing soon enough, when the dust starts settling around here, and i have time to get busy busy, and focused with it again.

i have a skirt that needs a few cuts made, then 2 hems that run along the length(just bellow knee) of the front, and then theres my berets. i had some materials out and was discussing them, and different stitches with a friend, and felt my blood get pumping while doing so...;-)

great minds, pip - i was visiting this morning to bump this thread! :) definitely post some pics of your creations.

i received an email from Refinery 29 and was spellbound by this model, Lindsey Wixson. expect to see her quite a bit, as she'll be featured in the Jill Stuart, Mulberry, Alexander McQueen and Marc Jacobs Sping 2011 campaigns.

Lindsey-Wixson-for-Jill-Stuart-Beauty-SS-2011.jpg

cabf32381d0e12d7_cdocuments-and-settingsmschneiedesktopstyle-file-photosweek-of-2-1-10miu-miu-spring-campaign-mert-marcus.jpg

lindsey-wixson.jpg

HaHa
awesome.!

yeah, after deciding to come back and post in here, i was wondering how it hasnt stayed afloat on its own; fashion cant survive on BL?!?
:-x

the bottom pic is great, but how different and well done they each are is real impressive. in the top one she doesnt look real, like shes in a X/mas-crystal ball or something...
8o

i miss the stitch - heh.
im going to try and go find "The Art of Manipulating Fabric" again.
;)
ill bump the ~thread~ hopefully soon if you or no one else does.

I was gonna bump this yesterday-
I saw a number of cute things but here's some stuff I'm finding on Tumblr I like.
Prob won't know designers or anything:
tumblr_lf1d16VT6J1qdx33oo1_500.jpg

this one is Louis Vuitton (or however you spell that)
tumblr_lfb2jiKLOS1qdlf0no1_500.jpg

tumblr_lf8futcvtL1qzzqv1o1_500.jpg
I think the dress is cute on its own and the boots work.
ugh-Tumblr is running slow.
I can't find the ones I wanted to post........
I Will post more in a bit..........

heh, dont laugh, this is my third attempt, triple top stitched with "knots" sewn in inbetween everyother stitch.
polyester and cotton darning thread doubled up covering the poly.
the hats material is 60/ 40 wool and rayon i believe.

920berettopstitch.jpg

i love this little goddamn hat.
:D

beretnumberone.jpg

<3

Last edited:
You're doing great with the hats Pip!
Keep it up!!
You'll be selling them byt the bundle in no time!

Pip you made that yourself? It looks awesome! Nice job :)

Ocean and I were discussing this, I really love the dresses in Tim Burtons version of Alice in Wonderland. Does anyone know anything about the designer(s)?
alice4.jpg

New-Alice-in-Wonderland-Mia-Wasikowska-Photoshoot-alice-in-wonderland-2010-10340859-1126-1450.jpg

Last edited:
t/y
yes i did.
hand~sew'n
feels good man.

but some measurements are off and its getting ditched.
~ unless you want it - lol.
the middle section, is 2-3cm too short, fkn throws it all off,
but, but every individual mistake i make - i try and compensate by learning multiple preventative measeurements i can take - pun?, sure - why i made the mistake, and different ways to correct the mistake.
so a mistake can turn into an entire learning experience-
which can become hours of diversion from the task at hand - lol.

who are the designer, i thought ocean and i had discussed this also, and i was familiar with the designer. guess ill go googling... i know a few tings about a few people or styles/genres.
my personal favorite 'high courtiers' are Carlos Ruzzi, and Madame Gres.
easy. i chose them over so many others, because of their consistency, consistency at dropping my jaw at least; they are both so so technical, but once the theories are understood, their approaches are really efficient, effective, and flawless.
their work is something to be studied throughly.

i have some stuff, thats pinned or sewn to stay in place i should post, to get some honest feedback, and pressure myself to make some progress.
...it must be done...
haha

Edit: (you posted in here at the start fizz ;-)

but - welcomein our tiny fashion fantasy, :D please share your predictions, do luvs, do lol's, work, out-fits/ensembles, color schemes, models, fashion houses, labels, events, regional discussion, theories, blogs, articles, literature,,, anything you would in a high~art thread, except we wanna see how you wear it too.!.
;-)

is the to black one, with the lace piece a Luis Vuitton?
i like that.
i was just looking at some of my lace. and my favorite strip got some yanks,,, grr, most my favorite materials are in rubber-made containers, but why i left the damn laces out, idk...

Last edited:
fizzle, I saw some of the actual dresses from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland on display—so exquisitely detailed!

panic, that's really rad that you sew! You seem to be very into stitching and whatKNOT (I mean whatNOT), keep at it! The hats look great! =D
I've been contemplating taking up sewing, also! I was always annoyingly impatient when it came to my previous 5 mintue attempts, haha. At this point in my life, I think it would be a fun, productive, and gratifying hobby. We'll see! Haha. :D

Back on t o p i c:
Valentino
987ifd.jpg

Versace
2urqhzr.png

Last edited:
^I like both.
I'd wear the Valentino if I could..............

Versace..!

---------------Do It!-
sewing takes, and breeds a lot of patience.
i gave myself 1.5 years 6 months ago to see how i felt and
what my abilities were.
i know i have some natural ability, and still a passion for it...

once i get started sewing something, i will sit there for hours,,, :D
you will start to see yourself progress, and learn tricks along the way,
its a whole other world of art, its functional expression that as a designer is taken further by the person wearing the clothes.
its a great thought.
making people feel better, more comfortable, more themselves, in a shared vision of self ~ with the designer and others, as we are here...
=D
...so, sew if you can SOoO ~ and knot in vein, but with the threads of the heart ~ tying together the fabric of like-minds.
*~-~-~
into the Fab ;-)

haha
luvs it.

heh
i need a mannequin first, but im planning on embarking on a woven skirt, using ?1cm? wide 'threaded tape' - ill post a pic of the stuff, hard to explain the pattern.
its promised to be very frustrating&demanding, but man, 8-15 months later... wtf am i supposed to with this?!? is what ill be wondering.
:D

Last edited:
I actually just bought a mannequin this past summer. I havent used it yet, but I love just looking at it haha.

^I like both.
I'd wear the Valentino if I could..............

Yeah, the Valentino is basically a more expensive/intricate version of the various black lace dresses that I seriously cannot seem to get enough of! <3
TBPH, the collar is what sold me! Something about it seemed mildly androgynous, yet so very elegant! ;)

a mannequin would be so so convenient..!

i decided not to, but while trying to take pictures of the skirt ideas i have,,, i remembered how essential a mannequin is.

just messing around, throwing together mock-ups would lead to so many ideas with ease. feeling the way i do about hand sewing as much as possible, being able to fit and add darts etc, as you go is very convenient.!
its silly to try for so long w/o one really.
:\

what did you get, & what size?
or is it one of those bad-ass adjustable ones.?.
idk if i should get 3 different sized standard mannequins, or a normal cheap-o' and save for an adjustable one in the mean-time.

black lace is awesome, especially -ehem- black large fine velvet or thick crushed~silk French~Curve in lace patterns, overlaying a tight skin tone lining...

*sighs
;)